Bored withVW’s, fancy a change

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by PhatVR6, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

i'd do as you suggest and just use a cheap runaround like your lupo, put a G40 engine in it if you like.

get an elise or something like that and your sorted.

I would get like riley said a 911 or something old but still sporty.

i'm sure you could fettle with a acar like that.

and you could sell me ur rado for 1000 ;)

2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

10000 you say?

OK, it's yours!

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Sold! :lol:

4. mk1 ben Forum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6ltr v8 380bhp would beat any r32 in my eyes

get some proper bling and buy a fireblade for speed go on paul ill even buy u a pint when we go crusing for biatches

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

well, sounds to me like you know what to do deep down....

keep lupo as daily driver,

then (and having seen how much fun my mate had building one) build a westie from scratch. it won't dissappoint, trust me.

although, the elise is a good alternative....but i think you'd have more fun building a car from scratch. maybe let the hands of fate decide...sell the mkIV, if elise is still there buy that, if its sold then go the westie route.

6. coullstar Forum Member

What you need is a fast motorbike. Sell the Mk4, get a cheap Mk2, buy a black Busa and supercharge the beatsie.

7. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Turbo a VR that will keep you occupied for at least 5 years..... :lol:

Oh and pennyless..

8. granny Forum Member

The problem with an old 911 is that it cost a fortune when new so the running costs reflect this.

You may buy one for 10k but it has the running costs of a 50k car and there are lots of things you can't do yourself.

Sell the Mk4 and even if you miss out on the Elise there will be others.

Or why not a Clio 172 and kit it out for the track.

If you only work 5 miles from home why don't you cycle?

Get some decent clothing and you will be ok through winter.

9. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Not a 911

Third one down floats my boat, it's got the badge, without the Cityboy image, the build quality, better handling than a 911....... I could go on and on.

Ok it's a four pot, proabably the bigest four pot ever made, but with the balancer shafts it smother than most 6 pots, and running costs are no-where near 911 money.
    Edited by: PeeJay

10. Joe16v Forum Member

A friend had an Elise, another has a VX220. Both very nice cars, i definately wouldn't describe them as slow.
    Handle well, RWD, light. Pain in the bottom to get in and out of!

11. sportline Forum Junkie

now your speakin my language. i am seriously intending on owning a 968 next. that blue one you like is only a few miles from me in cardiff, its very nice and an excellent price. if i had my house sorted i would snap it up.
    it was the biggest four pot when it was produced, also the first production car with a 6speed box. running costs arent that much more than a newer car either.

12. jbmg40 Forum Member

Is it me, or could you really screw up the panelwork if a rear seat
    passenger got out and opened the door wide just before a front seat
    passenger did opened theirs?

13. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Yeah, I think it was outside Performance Car & Marine on Penarth road the other day, but I don't know where it is now. I'd give a right nut for one, but I think a 944 will have to do next time around.

14. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

The running cost of a 968 are horrendous and the amount of go go juice they use is just silly.

If it was me id sell the Mk4 Use the Lupo until you get sick of it and keep the Rado as youve spent so much time and money on it it and would never claw that back.

15. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

get those escalades out of my sight. I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those gangsta chariots.

considered a 968 a while ago, but then I dicked one around donnington so it put me off, plus they are too much for what you get.

motorbike, already got one, fast enough for me thanks. I don't fancy falling off one.

bike, bought one, went to work on it twice, pedal fell off it, never rode it since.

I'd love to be able to build something I could use my gemini 6 speed in you know, I'd really hate to have to part with that, it's the best thing I've ever bought in my whole car modding history.

16. jimmy8v Forum Member

I'd do the lupo daily driver. Sell the mk4 and go all out on the corrado. Torsen rs4 diffs(rwd bias), 400+bhp, then you have a mental track/v. fast road car. And it's got that modified car'thing' that it seems you still like. Or sell the corrado(surely financial suicide?) and the golf and buy a caterham, get an academy car and actually race it rather than just trackdays. But then you don't like having no roof? What about the racing caterham mandatory arm straps what prevent your wrists getting out of the cage? Would they be sufficient to persuade you to drive a roofless car? That's what i' do.

Or i'd take the mk2, put in an abf lump with itb's and spend a years worth of trackdays fettling the suspension and then go hillclimbing or clubracing?

Or last but not least spend more money than you have trying to get some decent power out of an 8v fora mk1.Then trackday/hillclimb that until you bend it/run out of money. Definitely the most foolish, but i went for it anyway.

17. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

How much money do you think i've actually got in the corrado????

I don't want the corrado, it's not a track car and never will be. (<-----this lone here is a total lie, I was off my head when I wrtoe this!)

No roofless car, the straps are the reason why I have a 12" long and 4" wide scar on my left arm, I'd never drive with my arms in those things. I prefer doors and windows.

I've finally faced up to the fact that VW's are just not going to give me the driving experience I'm looking for so I'm looking for something totally different.

Not interested in competing, too serious and too expensive.

sneaky edit, see if anyone notices!
    Edited by: PhatVR6

18. mk1vdub Forum Member

19. DubValver Forum Member

buy an evo m3, rear wheel drive is the only way to satisfy a bike rider.

:)

20. Mr.LaZy Forum Member

[:D]

But only a "real" M3 :p

[​IMG]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im done [:$]