C0D 5

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Wez, Oct 1, 2008.

1. scottgroovez Forum Member

When does the real (developed by Infinity Ward) CoD 5 come out?

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

next year, a game every year is what they want, hence the 2 developers for the series.

all future games apparently won't be numbered and there's a rumour infinity wards next effort is going to be titled - marines in space!! :lol:

3. AMY

Amy Forum Member

He played all sunday afternoon! and maybe an hour last night, not sure what level now ....
    I barred him from using it yesterday during the day as he was off school ill HAHA ....

4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

:lol: EVIL!

I played for about an hour with him last night (Not like that...)
    He was rank 19 or 20 by the end i think[:^(]

Oh and i like the way it makes your "Party" player blue so you can see them on the map easily!:thumbup:

5. James_mk2 Forum Member

How does the squad system work? haven't had a chance to play with it yet

6. WEZ

not worked out the squad system yet, does it apply normal online or just campaign online?

I'm sure I read that the d-pad did something with it, but if you play in a party then you automatically make your own squad and no button bashing made anything happen so far, besides, if you want your team mates to go somewhere/ do something - that's what headsets are for, and like Mat says - the blue arrow makes it easier for their whereabouts!

P.S. Mat - if you haven't found nazi zombies still, go into co-op mode, not multiplayer, then choose online competitive :thumbup: headshots are key, and after level 6 - you're ****ed :lol:

7. WEZ

ring ring.....ring ring

Hello?

Hi, is that Awesomeness?

Yes, yes it is!!

I'm ****in' alpha on COD4 :lol:
    but man do I suck at WaW, help me with guns please....

8. James_mk2 Forum Member

BAR and Thompson is all i use at the moment, only level 9 or something though! going to have a go at kicking some **** in a minute though!

9. beetie

beetie Forum Member

BAR or the one below it (the DP-28)
    or for an smg use the mp40. i don't get on with the thompson

10. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

The MP40 is an ace general purpose weapon. I`ve very nearly maxed it out already (Got full Marksman, about half Expert).

For heavy duty stuff, the DP28, is best (so far). You can even take down critically damaged tanks with it.

For sniping (which so far is not as easy as it was on 4), try the Springfield bolt-action. Very accurate, and quite powerful, though needs two shots over extreme distances.

For long range stuff, excluding sniping, the M1 Garand is pretty good. Very powerful. Only needs two or three rounds going in, even at long distances, and can be done on the run too.

Those are the weapons I`m using currently (ranked 21), but I`m sure there`ll be some better ones unlocked later.

For grenades/perks, I pretty much have the same ones on each class.

Currently I have a bazooka as my default Perk 1, but there may be better stuff later (ie, bouncing betties, and, flamethrower).

On one class (with the DP28) I use sticky grenades, and use this class on any map that has tanks.

On all the other classes I use the standard frag grenade. I have the Molotov on one, but TBH it`s crap, and I`m only using it till the Bartender challenge is done.

For Perk 2 my default is Stopping Power, except for my sniping one, which is Camouflage (invisible to recon plane). When I rank up enough Stopping Power will be switched to Overkill.

Perk 3 is always Martyrdom, again except for when sniping. This is currently Deep Impact, but will become Iron Lungs.

11. WEZ

so the guns i'm already using and i'm rank 21 as well, so maybe i'm not **** afterall :lol:

hopefully some good guns will be unlocked, but saying that, my MW guns are the ones you can have from the off, and we all know i'm alpha at that ;)

12. James_mk2 Forum Member

sorry wez i was absolutely sh*te the other day! i'd only just unlocked the HQ/War etc. after being stuck on team deathmatches, turns out all the good players were already playing the new game types and i got merked :lol:
    I preferred the false sense of expertise i had when playing crap people!

13. StuMc

TBH I`m finding WaW much better than MW...

It might be something to do with the supposed seperate servers, but now I can kill someone with just a quick burst of fire (as it should be), rather than firing a full clip, then having him stab me...

One annoyance though, is the fact that the server seems to time out after every match.

I was playing with John and Barry last night, and it was doing this, and was also taking ages to get us into a game (so much so Barry went off to play MW, and you can imagine the language that proceeded).

Once in a game though, it`s super slick and smooth...[:s]

14. WEZ

MW does the server thing as well mate!

but MW is still better online, purely 'cos I win on there, and the maps are better, you can hide much easier on WaW because the maps are mainly dark, you don't have to try, which means I carry on in my gusto manner just to be shot down after walking past someone I didn't see, bloody annoying!!!

15. StuMc

I know that!!...

But at least on MW, you`ll get 5 or 6 matches before it times out, so there`s only 45-50 secs intermission between each one.

On WaW it`s timing out after every match, meaning a 2-3 minute wait while it finds another one...

Excuses, excuses!

TBH I`m more `gusto` on WaW, than MW, and I`ve not got any problems...;)

16. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

WaW FTW:p

Im getting the server thing too but it doesn take long to find another server:)

17. TurbTech Forum Junkie

I'm rank 20 at the mo but really haven't played it that much. Dogs rule! As long as you place the infentry thingy well to get the dogs and then get another couple of kills the dogs come back round again [:D]

Got martydom (sp?) now so i'm good to go!

18. damogti Forum Junkie

After the update earlier in the week the after match stats thing always times out. Usually manage to get a good few matches in before the game times out though. Defo seems to be begter than MW was IMO :thumbup:

19. WEZ

played MW lately?

that times out after every game as well :p
    and WaW sucks, it's just ****, the maps are ****, the guns are ****, MW walks all over it, end of! :)

20. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Think i'll have a wee go at Waw now me thinks . . .