car conversations at work

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Matt82, Oct 9, 2009.

1. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

chopped is the more apropriate word i think! :thumbup: :lol:

2. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Ooooh my daily driver. Probably does have the worst wiring loom in the world...

[​IMG]

And it's not stock anymore either ;)

3. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

276bhp... 1538kg curb weight

And your saying its good for 170mph and still pulls.. Im no Jap car enthusiast, but that seems a little un-realistic..

Let alone finding a stretch of M4 suitable for the chance to find out.

But what do i know, im not into my Jap stuff, just a naiive VAG enthusiast..

4. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Upping the power band gets to to the top end somewhat quicker, letting you actually explore the top speed a bit better, stock diff ratio with additional power gets you there a great deal quicker, got pretty close in mine before running out of space. Nothing a Stage 2 hybrid won't sort out.

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Have you got a reasonable deal on the insurance?

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

276hp for the jap-only non export model, 230hp for shaz's...
    You'd better hope it's "in final drive" at any speed, otherwise you've blown your diff...;) :lol:

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

There's plenty of Jap imports in the UK now actually, it's easy to up the power on the 7M-GTE anyway, it's not been 230BHP for about 6 months now.

That's painful actually...

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

So have you declared all your mods to the insurer, young man?

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

So what are you going to make up stories about now? The power figures? Put up a rolling road graph.

Or the time you made money from a clamper by threatening to chop his arm off with an angle grinder - did he have one in his pocket, and a handy outside leccy socket within 6 feet of the guy or something? Pro tip - you don't get petrol powered angle grinders.

Or the time your mate belted a fella in the gut, floored him with a 12" "Elephant Wrench" - when an elephant wrench is actually a pocket sized tool for skateboards?

Or the fact that LHD speedo cables read more accurately than RHD ones due to "transmission losses" along the length of the RHD cable?

Seriously, by 20 years old you should know better...

10. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

"shaz"...is that short for Sharon?

11. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

:lol: You lot are a barrell of laughs sometimes. If I was talking about a built ABF Mk2 with an Eaton M62 you guys would be sounding totally different.

12. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Nothing to add, just wow :clap:

13. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

My m62 eaton abf does do 170mph...

14. Nordoff Forum Junkie

My 1.3 skoda does 170mph producing 0.01% co2
    Oh wait it's 071mph and 10.0% co2.
    Reality sucks dunnit;)

15. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

No, if someone said they were getting 175mph and still rising from a Mk2 with an M62, I'd mock them in just the same way. And so would everyone else. That charger would do nothing but overheat at the sort of pressure required.
    Seriously, just leave it - every time you post, it makes your next post less believable. You are coming across as a wannabe fool, with an elephant wrench and a pocket-sized angle grinder.
    Grow the fuсk up and stop posting bollox, or man the fuсk up and admit that you were lying.

16. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Awesome, well put..

17. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

ooh how did that pass through the swear filter.. wait ill try it

back to the thread totally agree with jolfa JUST WOW!:thumbup:

18. Admin Guest

TSC is the son of god, that's all that needs to be said.

19. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I can post swear words because I am the legal owner of the club and forum - so although I may appear to be an unpaid minion, I actually fork out over 12k a year to run this place. You may call me Pete Seevaratnam, if you wish.
    And I don't suffer fools gladly.

20. jettadan Forum Member

Back on topic, i'm starting to get fed up at work off the occasional pi$$ taking of my Skoda (don't laugh!)

X reg Octavia 2.0i Elegance with plenty of toys, had 105k miles on the clock when i bought it and paid 850 for it.......really good condition with just the odd stone chip and scratch, it got a full service with all the belts, water pump etc shorty after i got it and its now got 119k miles since last december and hasn't given me any grief whatsoever. Couple of suspension bushes, a rear wheel bearing and a ball joint and its been fine.

Boss has a 1.5 diesel Nissan Cumquat sat on the drive and his missus has some other new car, he's paying a fortune in repayments just to keep her happy and keep up with the Jones's..

I pointed out the other day that i may have old cars, but i've got three of them which are all taxed, insured and Mot'd, and most importantly PAID FOR. Then there's the huge stash of parts, for example the 02A currently sat in my boot that so far has cost me about 2.5k to build over the past few years (Quaife 6-speed, Peloquin and Hotgolf build), 1.9 G60 base engine - could go on. Pointed out that perhaps i should just sell the lot and buy a nice second hand Porsche instead, or take on some extra finance like he has and buy a brand new one instead....would look good parked next to his pathetic soft roader (its actually 2-wheel drive!).

They've not mentioned my Skoda since......

Thankfully there are a couple of people at work who like old cars and understand, so you can have a reasonable conversation with them, but the rest just don't understand and to them its all about image and keeping up with the Jones's.

How i laughed the other week when the Cumquat was carried off the works car park on a low loader after it refused to start due to a fuel pump problem.......