Diy Haldex controller........Haldex Controller taken apart with pics

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by sambo, May 11, 2013.

1. jose mocholi gomez Paid Member Paid Member

Ok, thank you very much, do not rush, it was just to know if I had done something wrong, I am not in a hurry.

2. Kristaps Berzins Paid Member Paid Member

Hi can admin add me to paid member to I can se more info about diagrams and programming. Thanks you :)

3. Steve_R Paid Member Paid Member

Hi All!
    I wish to see more info about the code used in this haldex controller but i get only to an error page...
    If Admin can do something about that please do so.
    Thank you!

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello

Have you paid for your membership? As access to the code is only available if you are a member.

Thanks

5. Steve_R Paid Member Paid Member

Of course i have.

6. Savagesam

@rubjonny Will be able to have a look into the membership status for you and see why you can’t access the members section

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

OK you're all membershipped up on the forum now :)

Steve_R likes this.
  8. Steve_R Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks @rubjonny
    Hi All!
    I rewrote the code for my needs and i have a few questions...
    I have read that the full path for stepping motor is about 80 steps, right?
    From people who has tested, i wish to know what are the step positions, in percentage or steps, what are worth to program ?
    In original code are four positions (20,40,60 and 80 steps) corresponding to 25%,50%,75% and 100 %.
    I can program any values but i wish to know which ones are worthwhile...
    Thanks!
    P.S. English it's not my native language...i hope all of you understood my request ...

9. Alex S Paid Member Paid Member

Hello guys !

First of all, I would like to congratulate all of you for your involvement to this project and also I would like to thank you for giving other people the opportunity to use it !
    I've been following this topic for a while now, read it from start to end but not carefully enough, last evening I've read it again so I get a better impression of how the controller should work.
    Got the membership, got the project a while back and recently I've put my ass to work.
    Since I did not read carefully, I went with the button LCD option and found out I had some issues.
    I've managed to implement the LCD with buttons so here is my progress.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MRf5_Z7lEwtJUpMTUeTiXRMyg2napcsE/view?usp=sharing
    I still need to do some improvements, as it jumps through the steps on a single button press and goes from 0 to 100% and from 100% to 0 when pressing UP or DOWN.
    Sometimes it stops between steps and sometimes just goes the full path, I don't understand why, if some of you could help me a little here, I would really appreciate it.
    Also another question that came up is how are you controlling the pump ? I don't remember seeing anything about the pump here. Just an on/off 12v ? PWM from Arduino ?

I am also thinking improving a little bit the code, when the Haldex is set to 0 to disable the pump and cut the power from the stepper driver so it will cool down.

Intended car for the controller to go on is a MK3 VR6 Syncro Golf which was upgraded to Haldex by a previous owner and not finished.

[​IMG]

So, thanks again and waiting for your reply !

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  10. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

I can take a look at your code. The pump needs to run constantly in order to maintain pressure in the system and allow fast activation of the Haldex system. It's a bit vague but it sort of implies the Haldex will never work when the system pressure is 0. I.e. the mechanical pump can't start making pressure when the pressure is at 0.
    You won't need to PWM as it's designed to run at full speed all the time (pressure relief in the valve body)

There's no issue with disabling the pump and stepper when the Haldex is set to 0 and the valve will be held open by spring pressure

11. Alex S Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Nate,
    Thank you for your reply !
    I've managed to fix the stepping issue and I implemented also ON/OFF functionality for the pump and stepper driver because I don't intend to use the haldex too often, so I can turn on the pump and the power to the stepper and after that actuate the valve.

Here is a short video:

it's not the final setup, some parts I used previously on something else.
    Now I think I have anything figured out and I can prepare to put it on the car.

12. hiszpan New Member

Hello, I am interested in this driver, but is it possible to work with oem haldex?

13. Savagesam

I still can’t get mine to work. I have given up

14. hiszpan New Member

It's a pity, I don't want to get rid of ori ecu haldex

15. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Possible but you need to emulate CAN frames of both ABS and engine ECU blocks, ECU is easy as they’re in FR, ABS not so much as there’s not documentation

16. Alex S Paid Member Paid Member

What is that you can't get to work ? how can I help you ?

17. Savagesam

No idea.. I’ve bought a canchecked unit now