DSG gearbox swaps

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by RobT, Dec 29, 2007.

1. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

2. micky1 Forum Member

excellent. really fancy a decent box in my a3 now, get caught off boost to much and that clutch is HEAVY

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

For the drag cars, the downchanges clearly won't be important, so perhaps they don't over involve themselves in the downchange software, but Adrenaline likely have both covered?

It's certainly an exciting area of development, inevitable in some ways, just as the TFSIs are now finding their way into more of the older cars also. Feels like the dams are starting to break on the Mk5 technology as it gets more and more DIY installs :thumbup:

4. KCW

kcw New Member

The PCS control unit looks like another good option, can't see a cost on their site or that of their distributors. Says its fully programmable but how? Can it be done by yourself to suit your individual needs or do PCS/distributors need to set it up for you.

Would probably be a bit 'easier' to have a tfsi and dsg fitted into an older car rather than just the dsg on an older engine I'd have thought.

5. micky1 Forum Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  6. INA

INA Forum Member

The whole point of the DSG swap is to stay independent of engine inputs/control. I have contacted PCS but have yet to hear back from them....
    we will begin our DSG swap project this season using some of the Leon Cup car components. Wish us luck!