Electric Mirrors Mk3 - Mk2

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by zilpha, Sep 28, 2004.

1. zilpha Forum Member

Errrm, I think it is if I remember correctly, thats why I thought it might be the switch ;) however Im not positive so I will check. ;)

cheers for the help mate, Im a complete beginner so just bare with me [:$] :lol:

2. Steve B Forum Junkie

hmm i dont know if i did test the switch...

im 100% the mirror works tho i know i tested it

you should be able to get a switch of a passat i think they are the same if you see one similar in the scrap yard you could try that?

altho i think i may have tried the swtich when i think about it.

it might be worth checking the connections on the loom mate to make sure none of them have come apart where the red wires meet the origional loom.

3. vw scottie Forum Member

There isn`t any spare spades for ignition live on the CE2 fusebox

4. zilpha Forum Member

thats why I couldn't find it then :lol: :lol:

5. zilpha Forum Member

I'll check them tonight if I get the time, fingers crossed it just a loose connection [:[] If not I'll have to keep an eye out for a new switch ;)

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

My switch is a bit dodgy too, I have to hit the doorcard to make the passenger side go up & down sometimes, I'll fix it one day! :)

7. oak8vgti Forum Member

cough cough pm me for a mk2 switch lol
    Edited by: oak8vgti

8. Steve B Forum Junkie

im not 100% sure on this but to test the mirror you should be able to connect the passanger one, to the loom on the drivers side, if the mirror then works you know that its not the mirror and its the wiring

just a quick question, where did you earth the passanger side earth wire

if the wire isnt earthed properly then the mirror wont work, i have a feeling from what you have described it isnt earthed properly?

9. zilpha Forum Member

Sorted! Its all fully working now! Well actually it was always working.......... [:$] I didn't realise that you had to turn the switch to the left ..........doh! [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$] [:$]

Yes you can laugh, I AM STUPID! :lol: :lol: [8-}]

Anyway its all working now so just thought Id say cheers for all the help [:^:]

10. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

11. oak8vgti Forum Member

lol i had same problem

12. Steve B Forum Junkie

lol zilpha, glad its all working mate [:D]

13. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

yes there is :p
    plug D, terminal 9
    there's a spare cable coming off the heated washer jet loom, used it to connected my headed seats up yesterday.

10Amp fuse F14

14. dj_singh Forum Member

I have one mirror on my golf that is broken. You mention that corrado mirrors can be used? Would a 1994 corrado work by taking out the mechanism inside and fiting them into my golf mirrors? Please need some help :thumbup:

15. dj_singh Forum Member

Sorry but I just need to confirm that corrado mirrors have the same internal mechanism as golf mk2 mirrors. One of my mirrors have broekn inside so I just need to check would a 1994 vr6 do the job?

16. dj_singh Forum Member

hello would corrado mirros internals fit into my golf electric mirror as it is broken. The corrado is a 1994 year?

17. dj_singh Forum Member

HI!!! I need to clarify something. One of my electric mirrors on my golf is damaged don't move side to side. If I get some corrado mirrors (1994) will the internal mechanism be a dirrect replacement? Is it the same with the passat mirrors also?

18. dj_singh Forum Member

I can confirm that corrado internals are a direct replace of golf internals except for the heated mirror connectors which are thinner, but these can be recrimped with standard female spade connectors.

19. AndyBa Paid Member Paid Member

Can someone please advise which heated mirror glass will fit a MK2 post '90 door mirror. Can you fit the Passat mirrors as a unit or do you need to dismantle and fit the innards & mirror glass?
    Also which Passat style and which spec. I'm assuming one of the same era with CL spec or better, but does that include the face-lifted one ?

20. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

this is exactly what i did. took the heater element from the passat glass and glued it to my mk2 mirrors. work a treat not that i use them often as car is garaged overnight