F17 BAD, Black OEM+ Golf mk3 GTI - MTM'd - S3 POWERED!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by kells, Nov 19, 2010.

1. kells Forum Member

Thanks matey :thumbup:

2. Phil. Forum Junkie

Brilliant build! Enjoyed reading this and seeing and all the wee OEM++ touches.

3. kells Forum Member

Ok so i destroyed a sump a few weeks back...

[​IMG]

fitted a new one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also had some of my inter cooling pipe custom made in Aluminuim as the old silicone pipe was rubbing on part of the cross member and had split.. i also wanted less joins and to remove a old pipe that used to locate the MAP sensor (this is now relocated elsewhere..

anyhow

Old pipe and new custom pipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then the new sump lasted all of 3 days...

This is what happened Wednesday!!

my 60 odd quid oil is all over some floor in Leeds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shalow sump is a no no for me, and i can't run a full on plate under the car as not enough space.. so iv had my Sump strengthened

which i got back today back, and its now fitted to the car.. didn't get picks of it fitted as the Phone battery died, will get some on monday this when I'm next with the car.. left it in a warehouse till monday for the sealant to set

anyhow, 5mm plating of some of the strongest steel around, can't remember what he said it was (same guy who made my intercooler piping above) but it won't rust and will take a lot of beatings

He also filled in all the cracks i had from the inside before he did the plating.

Im well please with this and look forward to giving it a good test.. dropping 2 more Sumps off on Monday

i only waned one small strip just in front of the sump plug area of about a inch wide as its only this part that takes the beating form the road due to the angle of how the sump sites. but he has made the plate go right over on to the shallow half, which is a bonus.

Some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is a Quaife LSD

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  4. Joesoap Forum Member

Apart from being to low, the car is outstanding...could be mine even :thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. idlirp Forum Member

absolutely fantastic and im loving the colour. a good idea to replace my original LC9Z. a small suggestion, cant you fabricate a cover like the one in the S3 and TT for the glass water and the engine coolant deposit?

6. kells Forum Member

yea did think to use those covers or adapt them to fit etc..

i kind of like how it is now as everything is uber clean but i might try it in the future

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

You nutter, are the adjusters on your coilovers seized? B-)

8. Admin Guest

The added plate looks like aliminium as it has been tig'ed to the ali sump, good look with that one. Anyway car looks great, well done with all the hard work.

9. kells Forum Member

Yeah, Will have to see how the sump goes.. no biggie if it does not work how i want it to. will have to go down the INA route if this fails.. Only cost me 20 for the mod so worth a go i guess..

Thanx for comments :-)

10. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Nice to see the Mk3 looking good as ever :thumbup:

I think i'll be using a shallow sump when the 20v goes in the MK2, as mine is lowered 60mm.

11. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Blimey that's cheap for the ally and the TIG welding :o I have some aluminium ramps that I need some strengthening webs welding in to ;)

12. kells Forum Member

cheers mate, i do look after the car like a baby LOL use it daily too ;)

really not keen on idea of running less oil (shallow sumps) and they have no oil sensors either

I'm down 100mm

13. kells Forum Member

its the same guy who made me the aluminium pipe for my intercooler

He said 20 to fix the damage to the sump

and a extra 20 for the plate.. i said do both, seemed fair price i must admit :thumbup:

14. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

VERY fair price mate :thumbup:

15. MUSH Forum Member

Love it!!

Is the ECU remapped?

16. kells Forum Member

Well we had issues on the rollers as it kept slipping off (no matter what we tried) on the top end of the revs

Dyno Dynamics rollers at Carbon in manchester, it goes back after Xmax week and I'm leaving it their for full custom mapping (they want it for a few days)

it currently has a very base map on it that they just put on for me, no logs or anything taken, it did a 255 BHP whilst it was slipping off the RR :p Not bad at all, torque was just short of 300 lb ft too..

Cant wait to see what they can do with it :thumbup::thumbup:

Getting a Quaife LSD just after Xmas as its crying out for it, plus the next big thing is going to be a GT28 or a GT30 turbo

17. KentGTiKR Forum Member

Probably it's first time when I see mk3 and forget that I hate mk3's.
    Very nice ride! :thumbup:

18. kells Forum Member

Cheers mate, these are the sort of comments that make all the many hours of hard work worthwhile :thumbup:

This car was bought as a runner almost 5 years ago in a complete state, the only thing it had going for it was No rust!

19. KentGTiKR Forum Member

I don't know how much of salt in winter time is being spilled in United Kingdom as I have never been there, but in my country (Lithuania) there thousands of tons of it on roads.
    So, there's impossible to find mk3 with unspoilt sideskirts, arches, turrets etc.. :)

20. kells Forum Member

Quite a lot of salt on our roads too, jut got to really keep on top of it.

This MK3 is a Earluy example (1993) so it has the same rust proofing as the MK2's.. its the late MK3s that were the worst as they had that bad galvanised body and NO rust proofing wax stuff..