F17 BAD, Black OEM+ Golf mk3 GTI - MTM'd - S3 POWERED!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by kells, Nov 19, 2010.

1. kells Forum Member

My modified sump finally gave in after months of hard abuse

surprisingly the modified bottom survived (even tho this part was already scuffed badly from previous encounters) but hitting a hump in the road at 20MPH caused it to crack up the side of the sump - an area thats not altered from standard

the scuffs to the underside are after from a year of daily use and abuse

the crack is right up the side of the sump plug

Lost all my week old oil and this happened about 1.30AM on on Saturday nite / sunday morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A MK2 Version sump is now been made... this eill be a shortened version, i currently have a Doctor of engineering making this for me, and doing it so i can run the correct amount of oil unlike other shallow sumps

more on this soon

2. TUBDUB Forum Member

Only mk3 i have ever liked, your attention to detail with the OEM look is ridiculous, keep it up!

3. glove Forum Member

Awesome work, I am admiring to your passion and dedication!!!
    :clap:

4. kelvin.wilmott New Member

love this your attention to detail is crazy. wish my mk3 come up that shiney

kelvin

5. Newey Forum Member

In general I don't like mk3's but this is fantastic your attention to detail is brilliant

6. bantan45 Forum Member

sweeet 7 page's of great work nice to there is under cover power floating around leeds, mate i hant seen the car once but i like it.
    who did your wiring as am stuck on my polo 6n 20vt ive had the immob took off and there is just about 6 to 9 wire's to get it running but no ****er wants to help me out **** lool , i would love some help asap mate hey you never know we could go for it at the lights some day loooool

7. kells Forum Member

send me a PM mate

right,

New hybrid sump will be ready in next few days, just having the sump pug moved but here is a pic of it so far

Modified one on left, original o right, the pink shows the bit that hangs down and takes the abuse from the road

[​IMG]

modified on left again versus standard - note i still have level sensor too :-)

[​IMG]

also uses standard pick up pipe, no need for that modifying whcih is better than the shallow sumps you can buy

this sump removes more volume in the area thats subject to damage

here they are on the car standard versus modified, pictures taken from same angel while car is up on axle stands

STANDARD

[​IMG]

MODIFIED

[​IMG]

Cant take any off the centre due to this crank which sits to the bottom of the sump

[​IMG]

The sump never made any impacts on the centre piece, but we will see if this now causes a issue

the sump had been modified using 5mm plating, the oil return line attachment is still to be added as is the sump plug, pics to come on this in next few days

Its been calculated to get the correct 4.7litres the engine needs, will show 1.mm over the max line on the dipstick.. everything has been calculated by a doctor of engineering

He would not modify the sump until he knew we could run the correct amount of oil, he told me running any less than manufactures levels on a turbo car is just stupid as the oil will get too hot, especially on my application with the bigger turbo..

the 1.8T shallow sumps you can buy loose over half litre of oil, this one wont and i have more clearance than one of those still

anyhow more pics to come of the finished item

also fitted a innovate motorsports Air fuel ratio oxygen sensor in my exhaust and also a display for the dash.
    This also has a handy volt meter and Turbo timer so iv wired it all up and fitted the display here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and lastly i noticed a issue with my uber rare 160 mph anniversary clocks

so i had to rip them apart - no pics..

anyhow it meant i had to use a full new mother board for them, meaning new Blue SMD chips for behind the miles and clock / MFA displays,

No problem...

only issue was the mileage on the new mothernboard was 187k

i wanted my miles off my clocks, so i found out that this chip is where the miles are stored on the late mk3 clocks

its a 8 pin eprom, tiny, iv put a pink ring around it, this is the one with my milegage that i want to keep

here is original motherboard, pink highlights the chip that stores the miles

[​IMG]

and the donor motherboard

[​IMG]

all fitted - works haha, original mileage (however displays too bright to focus)

[​IMG]

Now thats a bad boy party trick on how to keep your original mileage but change the clocks without having to go pay 50 to some dude to flash them / illegally clock them etc

8. kells Forum Member

Well, may aswell keep you all up to speed on how the car has been for the last year with the Audi RS2 / MTM Turbo upgrade kit, and forged internals..

All good, in fact its better than good its just bloody awesome ! haha. Car is still on the MTM safe Map (11 psi) and at the 345bhp setting

Im going to be fitting a Uprated fuel pump in the next month or so then its off to be custom mapped

Also had to replace a load of split hoses, with silicone, main one recently been the large breather as seen in this picture.. it is pretty cool as it replaces 3 bits all in 1 go.. it has a one way valve inside the original so i bought a new one of these whilst i was at it as these are know to leak with age, ad this fitted into the silicone pipe just as it did in the original.

[​IMG]

and the engine as of today, 3 years since installing in the shell and been used every day come rain, shine or snow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

car still looking well :-)

[​IMG]

More stuff coming soon, just got a few Club night events that are coming up and needed my attention.

9. kells Forum Member

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Nice to see someone still representing mk3s [:D]

11. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Still an absolutely awesome build thread. Keep it coming! :thumbup:

12. kells Forum Member

Cheers
    few more mods on the cards, Walbro fuel pump, Larger intercooler, and them some custom mapping

Cars not going anyplace. its like a part of me haha

have got 3 Mk2s in my unit having the 20vt treatment at the moment too

13. Adey Forum Member

Epic thread

14. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

2nd that. Easily the best Mk3 on here :thumbup:

15. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

The best street modded car on here, Audi could have not fitted that engine better!

16. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Great build , great work really smart, nicely finshed off! :thumbup:

17. vwp6n Forum Member

Just read this whole thread, top work...

Like how it's been fitted and the attention to detail is spot on. Never been a mk3 lover but this is the best by far.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

18. kells Forum Member

Been a while since Iv been on here
    Car is just about to undergo a full revamp

New paint new everything basically and a brand new build engine I'm doing
    2.1 stroker
    Currently just got all the parts needed and it's even more OCD than how it is currently
    Build will be done over xmas

Also new Mj interiors retrim ( sold the current one )

And the car now has the Audi s3 dashboard with full s3 crash bar etc
    Working climate control bla bla bla basically everything working as it did in the s3 is came out of

I'll get some pics of the car how it stands before the dismantle

It's still as mint as ever :-)

19. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Those diesel cranks don't Rev , well that's what the big names might tell you ;)
    Tsr had a shock a few years back when I put my old 2.1 on their rollers. He asked idoes it rev past 6800rpm( that's what they used to limit their thruxton to) hell no I replied, 8400rpm please sir!
    The look on their faces was priceless when it spun up !

Good luck with the build, it'll meticulous as ever knowing you :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  20. kells Forum Member

Hi mate hope your well

Yea going super OCD with this next stage
    Some people think it's already as good as it can get but I know what's coming will blow them away ha

Spent a fortune with integrated engineering and SEM Motorsport on parts
    Basically no parts of the engine internals will be left alone
    Gone for the race cams from IE too, full valve train etc etc
    Tuscan cams by IE
    List is huge
    The current engine will find a new home in my caddy mk2 van.. Planning to shoehorn the s3 Quattro system into that at some point

The wavetrac u fitted is still the fave mod on the car :-)