Funny story - Copper involved

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by smillsey, Jan 8, 2007.

1. smillsey Forum Member

I got stopped by the police last week and this is what he said on approaching my window.

Policeman : What am i going to say?

Me : My number plates fell off

Policeman : How long has it been off for? And its not just that there are numerous thing....

Me : Its only just fell off. What else then?

Policeman : . Only just fell off, coarse it has. Your windows are steamed up!

Me : sorry?

Policeman : You cant see anything out the windows, make sure you wipe them before pulling off...

Fair enough my number plate was off, but because he thought he was one step ahead and then he wasnt by me already knowing about my number plate. He then wanted to make me look like a ***. all i can say is he was the one that sounded like a fool.

Safe to say i didnt get out and wipe the bloody windows down. Should have really but was so ****ed off i just sat in the car for 5 minutes on a main road with him waitig behind me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I hate the police.

I got pulled over on Saturday night because the police thought i was speeding when they saw me going down the main road as they were coming up to it from a side road.

I pulled into Shell to get some petrol and they parked up beside me. Window comes down on the police car....

"Excuse me sir but would you mind not speeding?"

"urrrr I wasnt"

"Looked like you were to me"

"Excuse me? Did you just say it looked like I was?"

"Yes we saw you go down the main road and it looked like you were going very fast"

"Oh right. Have you got any proof?"

"Dont take that attitude with me..."

f*ckin w*nkers... all of them. Even when your not braking the law they still want to have a go at you for having a nice loud shiney car. Bah.

3. smillsey Forum Member

i couldnt believe it, you just have to laugh at the ones like that. Bullied at school.

4. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Not fit enough to be a fireman

5. jdn

jdn Forum Member

police

they should be out catching real criminals,[:x]

6. dubst16v Forum Member

my usual one is pulling away quickly from lights up to whatever the spped limit is.
    no wheel spin at all thankyou yoko's
    and they still wanna pull me over

wreckless driving they reckon. errr no the granny swerving over the line didnt get pulled did she!!!!
    sometimes i avoid washing my car to avoid the attention and it WORKS!!!

7. broken-halfshaf Forum Member

You say not washing it keeps them away, when I had my old 1.3 I got stopped in Birmingham once, and they said my car looked, and im not joking "a state".

Er.... Right. Hadnt been washed in a month or so I know, and there was a rusty dent on the back panel where someone hit me months but just how he said it that got me.

He was most impressed when he found out it was all legal, I wasnt a rapist, or a murderer, a good days work.

8. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

my favorite one, driving home at 4am, i never bother slowing down for the rundabout near my house, just take it as a sweeping left (not speeding i must add)

police saw me do this once, followed me the rest of the way home, i pull up, they come to my window

police: you took that roundabout a little fast didnt you

Me: not really? i wasnt speeding

Police: well would you call that a suitable speed

Me: yes? i was only doing the limit?

Police: hmm, so why werent you wearing your seatbelt then

Me: i was?!?! ive just taken it off now i am home...?!

Police: no you werent, we were watching and didnt see you take it off...

Me: well you obviously werent looking too carefully then?!

Police: dont get cheeky son, im giving you a verbal caution

Me: for what?!?!!!!!

Police: not wearing a seatbelt.

etc etc, arseholes

9. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I found i used to get pulled over alot when i lived with my parents in the country, and cops who patrol the villages and lanes are always the worst, the amount of times i was pulled for no reason and they'd search the car desperatly looking for something wrong!
    The best way i found to keep the cops amused when you pull them over is for the car to be a x-police car, I had one for a couple of yrs and they love it. On holiday in Tenby i got pulled over by the cop who used to drive it, he thought the whole situation was great and let me off.

10. smillsey Forum Member

You used to buy ex police cars?

shame on you.

;)

11. thegolfman Forum Member

LMAO!
    For some reason coppers love ex police cars...
    My mate's got an ex-plod astra.
    He got pulled over one day when i was there and said to the copper jokingly
    'You shouldn't be pulling me over don't you know it's an ex one of yours.'
    He and the copper chatted for about half hour about police cars, and the copper didn't even say why he pulled him in the end. Just drove off.
    And the copper never notuiced he had no tax. :lol: :lol:

12. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Come on lads, don't tar every cop with the same, brush. Being a cop doesn't mean that your not into cars, and modding them. There are a lot of cops who use this site, with very nice lookings dubs.

Also not all cops are "arseholes" or "f*ckin w*nkers... all of them", just think about it, the one day when your car doesn't get pulled over might be the one day, somebody else is driving your car without you knowing about it.

13. melinamotor Forum Member

Ahh Police,
    Its mainly the ex-army types who have failed to sufficiently adjust to civvy street that i've always had a problem with.

Two years ago I got to do something I know some of you would love, I was unfortunate enough to be involved in an RTA with a marked Volvo traffic car.
    I had been following him along a stretch of dual carriageway for about two miles at about midnight. Obviously I was driving like a saint knowing his car was brimming with Vascar goodies and a plasma screen.:lol:
    Anyway he pulled of at the same sliproad as me and proceeded across the roundabout and exited on the junction I also intended to take. He then stopped on the left hand side of the road within 4 yards of the roundabout exit and indicated left. Whilst he was stationary I went to manouvre around him and he suddenly decided to execute a U-turn across my path and BANG I broadsided him around the area of his rear passenger door :clap:
    I was livid and jumped out of the car and stormed over to him, to his credit he apologised for not seeing me to which I replied to say we had been the only two cars on the road for at least three miles......and you didn't see me !!!!! The police insurers disputed the claim initially because he stated I had hit the rear of his vehicle, but once I had pointed out the fact the damage to his car was between the front and rear wheels they coughed up nicely.

The irony of this whole episode is the fact I'm ex-plod and before I get flamed I must state its possible to get a knob in any job ;)

14. thegolfman Forum Member

Well said! :clap:

15. dubst16v Forum Member

ive come across some geniunly nice cops
    but unfortunatly of all the experiance ive had with cops id say maybe 30% have been polite
    and the rest have treated me like an idiot or not taken the blindest bit of notice of what i have tried to tell them.

before u say anything i have no criminal record and no driving convictions!
    just had an unfortunate experiance of the local police i guess, but i know there not all bad! lol

16. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I've just had bad experiences with them all. The only decent ones are stuffed behind desks or like my uncle laid on rooftops with guns for most of their days.

17. thegolfman Forum Member

No they're not all bad, But you get the 'jobsworth's' and the 'power-head's' in every job.
    It just seems the police get a little carried away at times.

18. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Well the way my uncle puts it having joined the force as a young lad is that all the prats are on the street because the good-uns get promoted to do better things.

19. thegolfman Forum Member

Sounds about right.
    It seems most coppers Ive spoken to on the street allways seem short tempered.
    They dont want to listen to what Ive got to say, And are too quick to offer warnings and the like without realising what is actually going on.

I couldn't believe when a copper pulled me over in my hire car, and i asked him for what reason... He replied 'Because Im a suspicious ba*stard'
    Cnut! :clap:
    Exactly my point...

20. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Yer I wouldnt mind the police if they did their job fairly.

They can not pull you over unless they have a legit reason but im pretty sure the reason I alwasy get pulled over is that im a young male in a nice fairly powerful car so I must have no tax/insurance/license or have stolen it, despite living in one of the richest areas of the country. Then if you disagree with them they get very arsey (just like your teachers did in school) and talk down to you like you are a criminal or something.

At the same time you see taxi drivers doing 50mph through 30mph zones all night long with lights out and do the police bother to stop them for a quick word.... of course they dont.

Gets on my teeets.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007