Funny story - Copper involved

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by smillsey, Jan 8, 2007.

1. TANGO77 Forum Member

the thing outside the school was one of those big brother things, i mean im not a bully but imagine some idiot trying to sell cocaine to your baby bro, in my day the worst we messed with was weed, kidz are on the white stuff nowadays and i dont agree with that.. but this dealer was all big man about it, outside a school man... got my blood boiling, the thing is eveyone knows what this guy does and noone does anything about it, he is quite intimidating to the kidz aswell. so i just had to... i felt so bad after though... [:x]
    when i called the police, i was hoping that they would catch the guy with the amount he had on him.. now that would have been community service... if they had caught him..

2. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Whenever I've been pulled over by the Police I've always found that if you are courteous and co-operate you never have a problem.

I had a BMW E30 318iS and that was the car I was stopped most in. No idea why, just guess it was a Police magnet. I never had any hassle from any Police officers though, if you are reasonable with them, they treat you the same.

One time I was stopped for a roadside road worthyness check, lights, horn tyres, wipers, etc... I commented "I hope you don't find anything wrong, I've just bought the car.", the check took less than three minutes to complete and there was nothing wrong with the car (I knew there wasn't) and I was pleased that this operation was happening (was a roadside thing) 'coz i know there are alot of un-roadworthy cars out there.

I'm sure if I'd have said "Why don't you go and catch some real criminals?" or "What are you stopping me for?" I'd have been there alot longer!

Similarly I got stopped late one night in heavy rain. I'd just MOT'd the car after a couple of months of it sitting on the driveway. The Police Officer told me that he had the car shown as SORN on his computer. I immidiately showed him the fresh new tax disc stuck to the screen and as I'd just taxed it, still had my documents with me so showed him those too. He was fine with that, appologised for getting me wet (it was tipping down) and sent me on my way within 5 mins. I'm sure if I'd responded with "Well your ****ing computers ****ing wrong! I've only just ****ing taxed it!" I'd have been there alot longer.

A police man that stops you on the road is just doing his job. If you make his job easier, he'll make your life easier but if you give him hassle, be prepared to wait whilst he goes over your car with a fine tooth comb!!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  3. dubst16v Forum Member

all I can say is u r lucky if u have never had any problems at all just by being polite. all my comments are just from past experience but I do agree its always best 2 be polite

4. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The db
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluesntwos

I read it. What is that guy on??!! Sounds a very strange incident to me and can't really understand what fully went on but I do know that two glasses of Chablis aint going to put you over the limit so maybe some porky pies going on somewhere. Two bottles of Chablis on the other hand may be a different matter...

Are you really a policeman? I only ask because 2 glasses of wine would put anybody over the legal limit.

I would have to disagree with you there but obviously it would depend on the size of glass. I don't advocate drinking anything and driving but I would be extremely suprised if anyone was over the limit after drinking two STANDARD SIZED glasses of wine. What do you think Dunster?

I would have too agree with blues on this one, 2 of your normal everyday run of the mill glasses of wine ain't gonna put you over the limit, it might put you close but not over the limit.

However the glasses I've got for my vino, 2 glasses almost takes 1 bottle, again it is my opinion, that on the other post some porkies were told.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we keep this thread sensible please..... if you've had bad experiences with the cops then post it....just leave out the pig ******* etc comments at the end of every sentance. It really isnt necesary

How often in this type of thread do you a post where somebody starts trying to get smart with a policeman and then complains when the copper conserned gets narked? The law is on their side-you're not going to win, just be polite and accept it, then you'll get treated with due courtesey.

Reading the rest of this thread just serves to prove my point. The police are only human, if you wind them up you are going to get something in return.

To all the anti police posters: I know at least a dozen coppers both current and retired and if you actually sat down with one and listened to the kind of experiences they've had you would change your opinion. Could you cope with being first on the scene where an elderly person has gone under the rear wheels of a gravel truck? Could you tell the parents of a five year old that you've found a body? I doubt it.

I know this doesn't justify any bad attitudes, you'll find these in all walks of life, but to be honest I work within a far less harsh environment and I meet bigger tw*ts every day then you'll ever meet wearing a uniform.

Well said.

Also in reply to the various posts re cops giving out a bad attitude, I agree this, it is not called for, as I have said, I will always treat somebody the way I expect to be treated. As I have said there are idiots in every job.

All I can say if a cops treats you in that manner, go into your nearest station and lodge a complaint, I can't comment on other forces, but where I work, complaints are taken seriously, at the end of the day, I'm not going to give grief to anybody, in order for them to complain, where I could be in a position that I could loose my job.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, far from it, but at the end of the day, it's just a job that I do, that unfortunately is in the public glare

Trust me you most of you wouldn't want to see or do some of the things cops or other emergency services, have to do in a day to day basis.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007