G***BJU had a smash :( (NOW WITH PICS)

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Funkyfin2000, May 3, 2004.

1. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

yes my insurers know all about it mikey and i will be making sure they pressurize the other parties insurers...

which insurers will assess my car???

Will it be the AA (hers) or mine (HIC)???????? I wanna butter up the bloke when he comes and see's it then!!! [:D] [:D]

Rich

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

its not your fault, you ahve every rght to have your car back to the way it was pre crash(or even better;))

3. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

excellent, well lets see what happens.....

lets make sure its not a right off...

4. Mikey Forum Member

My car went to a bodyshop that HIC recommended, so I presume that the assesment will be done by the HIC insurance side, then they claim it back from the AA

5. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

yeah suppose so that will be good if that happens...

i fear its gonna be expensive to do and it will be written off...

1k repair....

Value of car 1.5k! :(

6. Guests Banned

i hate it when girls listen to there interfering parents!

cant believe she went to the insurers! [:x]

good luck with it mate....would be a shame to see it gone [:^(]

7. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

thanks mate, fingers crossed for me and all that :)

8. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

andy is right BTW! if your in an accident and it's not your fault, as long as car IS repairable then you can demand that it is!

All your stories of "but i know someone that..." and "that's not what happened to my heighbour's cousin's ex-flatmate..." are pointless - obviously it would be cheaper for the insurance company to write certain cars off, and so that's what they will offer - the least they pay out the better for them but you can fight for it to be repaired to pre-accident state.

Don't just make up your own wee stories about what you think might happen- find out the facts first...!

Rich, in your case, if you do it through insurance and they want to write it off, you can demand that it is repaired to the pre-accident state (which in your case would mean adding some rust to the new rear panel and popping the filler back out of the badge hole :lol:;))
    Edited by: darrynK

9. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

LOL!!!

nice one dazza, i think i wanted it written off though!!!

Be intersting to see what they say...

find out how much they want to give me for it, and then decide and say i want it repaired in stead if its a minging amount!

10. Andy947 Forum Addict

I know i'm right!!! [xxx]

My car had 2200 worth of front end re-build after i was run off the road by another driver.

The car only cost me 1800 in the first place!!!

My insurance gave me the authority to take the car to a body shop of my choice (i took it to the local VW dealer) and get it repaired and send them the bill. No questions, they would pursue the 3rd party for the money.

Funky, up to you, but i'd get it fixed

11. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

nah, i'd take the money, buy the car back off them, then buy the black J plate with g60 you were talking bout...

12. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Well if thats the case then what should i say to the ASSESOR today???

ask if what they can do? what is the likely outcome etc etc??

im afraid he will turn up today and just do nowt, look at it and bugger off, i end up with a cheque in my pocket or what....

I have the recipts for the car, i washed it and cleaned it as best i could and have mags in to show him how much late valvers are worth........ so lets see where i go with it...

anyone have ANY advice to say to the assesor!!!

Cheers

Rich

13. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Might sound a little daft, but if you have lots of questions in your head ready to ask him, write them down so you don't kick yourself later on for forgetting.

When the chap came to look at my Driver, he agreed with me right there and then over the amount I would likely receive, and I did actually get that amount (1200) which was pretty astonishing considering it was a shed to start with. I don't know if it works like this every time, but I wouldn't have thought he would just go away without talking about figures. This guy was very frendly and helpful. I'm pretty sure you'll have good opportunity to convince him what it's worth. Magazines and receipts etc will be a good help.

You may end up in the situation where you not only get your money but also get to make money from bits of your old car too like I did, and end up pretty well out of it.

Sorry - don't mean to make the assumption that it's going to get written off here - personally I'd hate to see another MK2 off the road. Seem to see so few these days :(

Best of luck.

14. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Thanks Trev...

yeah iev got the recipets and that, gonna look funny on work carpark doing this...

il see if i can get out of him.....

im afraid he might say that the panel can just be beaten out and im stuck with rusty stuff at the back and filler coming out my badge and bill to get the other stuff fixed :( :(

Lets see what happens, i will keep you updated!

15. vdubGolf Forum Member

I wonder, when you take out a policy and you tell your insurers that it is only worth 1K or whatever, does this mean that they will pass on this info to the other insurers, and they will only pay out a max of 1K? or is that only for your own insurers if they need to pay out to you?

16. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

dunno, be worth askin