G99PSA - DEAD!!!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Andy947, Mar 15, 2004.

1. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Remind me not to get in a car with you... ;)

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

nah, its called weight transfer...by braking you would send the weight to the front (thus givin front more grip, and takin grip away from rear) and would make it get even more sideways.

if you get sideways, its best to jump on the throttle as that sends the weight to the rear (thus givin rear more grip, and takin it away from the front) and will almost always (don't mention the clio cup incident GVK and tubs!) bring it back straight.

should note the above is for FWD and 4WD...RWD is a bit more complex unless you traction control!

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

lol- VR6T didn't you know that? :lol:

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

i never knew it till two years ago...but weird thing was i did it on instinct without thinkin ( inever provoked a car like some friends had). to be more precise, i didn't lift off if i lost the rear end...but i didn't know that flooring it would sort it out till i enroled at silverstone race school, and didn't know the reasoning behind it either.

as i'm sure you'll agree gary, its so simple when you know the logic!
    Edited by: acf8181

5. GVK

I'm taking the p1ss, VR6T has a turbo'ed VR6 in a rallye with steel diffs ,the works, i'm pretty sure he competes in sprints and hillclimbs and also knows a bit about driving ;)
    Edited by: G_V_K

6. VR6Will Forum Member

7. AndrewF Forum Addict

appologies, wasn't tryin to be clever, just was confused by his comment and didn't want others who haven't had the fortune of being tought like i have to try braking there way out of a sideays moment.

8. GVK

Have you ever heard of Hyla Breeze? He's an instructor... Seen a good in car video of him

He was driving an Elise round Le Mans on a track day, got major oversteer coming out of a right hander, drifting right out to the kerb, <shock> there was a spun Elise facing him [:^(]

He was committed in a big slide and it was as if he was going to plough straight into the spun car, they'd set up a pedal camera and he just stood on the brakes, gained control, missed the spun car ;)

9. AndrewF Forum Addict

yeah i know who he is...explain - did he basically let the car spin to avoid it or somethin, or was it one of those 'big luck' moments!

is the footage on line anywhere?

10. GVK

I'm uploading the clip, it's 3mb. It will be online for tonight only, RIGHT CLICK and save as, my site is using too much bandwidth as it is, let alone people streaming the vids off it. ;)

http://gvk.altrezia.com/hyla.mpeg 3mb RIGHT CLICK :clap:
    Edited by: G_V_K

11. GVK

Clip is up, as I say only for tonight ;)

12. superflygti Forum Member

Im gutted for you Andy, that car was absolutely mint & obviously took alot of time & hard work to get it that way!!

I know how you feel, but at least you and your mate are ok!! thats all that matters......

Still got mine on the drive and it makes me sad everytime i look at it - but when you see the damage you realise how lucky you are/were!!

13. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

hoad the bus Mr B - am downloading it as we speak, don't take it of your site yet :lol:

EDIT: fork in hell! he did well there, could have been nasty! [:s]
    Edited by: darrynK

14. Andy947 Forum Addict

]

I did everything in my power to avoid it - i aint no amateur to this, i've driven cars in wet grassy fields for years, i kno whow to control a slide, but his one go the beter of me [:^(]

I've spoke to the old man, and we've done the maths, so hopefully at the end of this i will have a replica PSA built, with a respray in white with 2K to spare, so expect to see a 250bhp golf in the north in the near future!!

Either that or i'm gonna buy a 600cc bike and kill myself at 180mph outright!! [:D]

15. Andy947 Forum Addict

Tim eand effort - well tha car had more time blood sweat and tears that you would believe put into it!!

I did all the work myslef bar the painting - i have spent literally hundreds of hours working on that car. it is literally soul destroying to see it in scrap form as it is now [:^(]

A lot of you wont appreciate what it is like losing something like that, and i sincerely hope most of you never find out what it is like, but i can assure it is the worst feeling in the world!!!!!

I will be getting pics tomorrow, so expect a major shock, as the car is NOT a pretty sight!!!!! [:^(]

16. GVK

I have Andy ;) About 6 years ago (ok it was a RS Turbo ;)) but never the less I'd had the car 6 weeks and at the time paid 3800 for a minter, I span it doing about 120, *over corrected* ( let's face it, that's what you did mate ), it went backwards into a field and ripped an electricity junction box clean out of the dyke bank [8(]

Re-built the car (it was TPFT) [:$] took me 3 months of spare time weekends and days off work, only to crash it again a year later just 1/2 mile from the scene of the first one :lol:

lost 1000s [:^(]

17. AndrewF Forum Addict

bet his passenger needed a change of pants after :lol:

looks like he got sidewyas cause he saw the stopped car, so the braking is what unsettled the rear..he then modulated the brake so he was braking as hard as he could without spinning, but still slowing down (crap wording, hope you get what i mean).

18. AndrewF Forum Addict

its easy to get caught out in a mkII, thats why i think they're not good road cars.

its good to use the bad situation to create a better one, if you know what i mean! (crap wording again)

get another car...don't get a bike, cause its just too dangerous these days (lost a friend in a bike accident a few years ago).

19. Blown Forum Member

its easy to get caught out in a mkII, thats why i think they're not good road cars.

Have to agree.
    Have just put new tyres on my GTi and it feels,what I can only describe as "floaty".Certainly wouldn't want to go round a bend doing 90 anyway ;)
    Just cannot compare to the sheer grip I get(or got-haven't tested the new suspension yet) out of my Corrado,wet or dry.

20. coullstar Forum Member

Well I managed to spin my Corrado and my VR and have yet to get near spinning the Mk2. Sorry but the VR was a bag o pooe comopared to my Mk2. Raddo was the best.

Get the bike!!!!! You wont regret it.