Gta...

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by mat-mk3, Apr 25, 2008.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I was thinking that too???

I completed the story side last week and I`m now at 85% completion and don`t remember meeting anyone called Carmen...

I found the missions quite easy, with only a couple of re-tries needed on the hardest ones. Maybe that`s because I`ve played the previous games so much and I know the style, but they could have been harder.

Once I`ve got 100% completion I`ll be going back and seeing if there is an alternative story based on the choices you have to make. Either way I reckon it could be done in one sitting of about 10-11 hours.

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

carmen is sobohoe i think from "love mate"

what were the missions graham? packies?

I can't do 3 leaf clover, tried about 7 times now, gave up sunday, and just given up again, it's proper hard!

And it freezed for the first time which is why i just turned it off, midway through my first lap dance [:$] :lol:

3. b'locks Forum Addict

lovemeet.com ;)

4. mk1steve Forum Member

so noone has dont it then?:o

5. b'locks Forum Addict

errrr i assume the only way you can take them down is with a rocket launcher?

btw when you're being chased by the cops who slows down and shoots their tyres out and/or the driver so they crash or do you just floor it and try and escape them???

i do the former although they get more and more ****ed off if you do that. but it's funny watching them get out of the car on fire screaming for their lives [8D]

6. mk1steve Forum Member

i was under the impression you could outrun them but i cant see how in a crappy car you have for one of the missions.

7. WEZ

pay and spray is the onl way i've got past 3 stars.

Bloody hard though as even if you're in a fast car the heli stays on you and at least 2 squad cars keep up, and if they watch you go into a PnS it won't work, so i drive in, reverse out as far as i can go in a straight line, wait for the cops to come towards me then blast it down the road into the garage, cops don't have enough time to turn around :thumbup:

anyone cheated yet? seriously tempted for three leaf clover, it just drags on and on and there's no health/armour pick ups unless anyone knows any different?

got out of the subway, blasting in the car with flashing red health, got to the fbi road block and they shot me through windscreen, ****ing gutted, 10 mins of work gone into that!!! [:x][:x]

8. WEZ

wrong move!!
    certain characters have "perks" once you've got them to certain % like.

carmen regenerates your health when you're on the phone to her :)

9. Aphex Forum Junkie

I had a scooter race online last night during a deathmatch, it was hilarious :lol:

10. WEZ

you must be a gaming hero then!!

you say you're the **** on COD4 multi, you're 85% on this which means you've done loads of the side missions, must of got the flying rats as well as the story missions only take you to around 65% complete

11. Valleys boy Forum Member

Anyone done the bank robbery mission? Is that just the best mission ever seen in a game or what? Awesome!!!

Also, been to the strip clubs? Have 3 dances in a row and she brings her friend in for a bit of lezza action!

And my favourite trick is still possible in this one - pick up a prozzie, have a go on her, then when youve finished beat her up and take your money back! What other game can you do that in eh? :thumbup:

12. mk1steve Forum Member

ill have to give that a go then, cant seem to losse them for long enough[:x]

13. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

a good way to stop the cops chasing you is to stop and drop a grenade out the drivers windows then drive off then watch the fire works

14. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I once had 4 stars and got stuck in a corner of the docks so jumped over the wall into the water....Only to be run over by the police boats[8(]
    They would rather kill you then arrest you[:D]

15. scottgroovez Forum Member

I had a 3 star chase on whilst I was in a cop car. The cop car got trashed so I jumped out and ran and hid in a building. Ran over to an open section where I spied another cop car with no driver, jumped down the wall jumped into the cop car and sped away passed a copper who was half way down the alley way. Managed to escape from that one OK.

16. b'locks Forum Addict

damn wez, oh well she was getting on my nerves so **** it [:|]

it's funny when you're being chased by the cops and you go over a ramp and enter a slow mo stunt phase and all the cop cars follow you up the ramp and join in the stunt like a scene from the dukes of hazzard looooooooooooooool [8D]

17. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I cant find the bloody jumps! Ive done 1 out of 50 i think it says?
    I found another but when i did a run up all the cars got in my way and i died[8(]

18. beetie

beetie Forum Member

just tried to do the bank mission. thought i was near the end (going along the subway tracks) then it kept going and i died on the stairs where you are meant to exit the subway. didn't dare go through the door with all the cops out there. they came in and killed me.

when does the mission end? it's huge

19. WEZ

as for the police chasing you, "lawchick's" perk is to get rid of upto 3 stars on the options when you call her once you've reached her friendship level, unfortunately i blew it with her by missing the date and the ***** sent me a nasty email :lol:

20. WEZ

ok, that's the 3rd day in a row now i'm giving up on it, ****ing three leaf clover!

I spend first 10 mins going to internet cafe using www.whattheydo....... to find the armour locations, none of them are there!!
    so i go buy and buy armour at $500 and aload of grenades at $1000 a pop thinking this will be my best chance if i take loads out at once, leaving me with no money.

get out the bank, first alleyway on the right, lob a grenade, but did i?
    nope, bounced off the box and landed underneath me, first i knew is when screen goes blank and i'm 30ft in the air, this leaves me with 5 grenades, no money, so i restart it with no armour, get to same place but manage to blow up the car and all the cops, however, the car lands blocking the alley and packie and derrick disappear, the map say they're split up miles back, so i run to one of the blue dots as you get warning if you're too far away, i get there, surrounded by cops and the blue dots jump forwards to where they usually are after that alley, i'm now too far away and missions failed, cops kill me, so i threw the pad at the ps3 and it turned off!! :)

if you read all that, you're a loon!