heel and toe ?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Jeff_VR6, Feb 24, 2004.

1. AndrewF Forum Addict

joe - this 'cut off valve' your talkin about, don't only very new vag cars have it? yours is a mkII right? cause my mkIII doesn't cut off.

2. Joe_G Forum Member

It's on all 16v Mk2's, cuts fuel on zero throttle if revs are above 1800rpm. Seems to make it more jerky as when you get back on the throttle, the air flow plate in the air box has to lift up again which takes time hence the responsiveness is not as good.

Joe

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

i learnt the advantages of blipping on the downshift early on with my old bike - came up to a roundabout in the wet, changed downa bit early and locked the back end solid for a second - road had a fair camber on it so the back end went left. This was bad as i was trying to get the bike to turn left to get onto a roundabout....

my mate who was following said it looked really impressive.....

can do it in my golf - not yet proficient at it but am getting the hang (got quite good at it in one of the old landrovers at work that had no synchro left on 2nd and 3rd...

other option is to do what some of the bike racers do am *just* get a slipper clutch fitted [:D]

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

'borrowed' from the MSA go racing pack i see!

steve deeks(the guy talkin, head SRS instructor) still gets paid good royalties for that vid!

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Tim is doing Caterham Academy this year I think..

7. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Personally I don't like to bother with the clutch and want to be able to move onto left foot braking in about 6 months.
    The only real problem is that the revs in my engine don't drop quickly enough.
    I'll post a vid up in a bit to explain. ;)