Help on 20vt Management @ gear box info

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Lee-GTi, Nov 21, 2003.

1. whitie Forum Member

does this apply for other new-ish OE ECUs, i.e. NA?

how much would this cost approx?

?
    you mean you'v seen a 20vt on emerald, and then OE, and the OE was better?

is that '800g' s place?

2. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

That the Ex-Dubsport one? The one, which at the last time i heard back in October (talking to the current owner), is having its second major engine rebuild of the year? And the same one that is just slightly running less Torque at 400+bhp than Nutter4x4's 20VT which,at the time of being mapped was "only" running 350bhp?? Can't help but think the Emerald System has something to do with all of that TBH...

If your going for after market, I have hear that Motec are pretty much bullet proof. You may have to pay the extra 's, but to get the best you usually do.

Yeah thats his place. Your'll find him on there these days more often than not.
    Edited by: RallyeVR6

3. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

If you can reuse the 20VT factory management, and get it mapped by guys who know their stuff (like Mike @ Jabba) then it is bt far the most reliable solution.
    Active knock control, adaptive ECU, lots of protection systems built in... IF you can get over the immobiliser and clocks (which is doable these days), not forgetting the wiring.

Bosch ME7.xx ecu's are trick bits of kit.

Bill

4. matt d Forum Member

Mmmmm looks like someones been telling storys ;) I've never had to choose between two women before :p

5. steved Forum Member

That the Ex-Dubsport one? The one, which at the last time i heard back in October (talking to the current owner), is having its second major engine rebuild of the year? And the same one that is just slightly running less Torque at 400+bhp than Nutter4x4's 20VT which,at the time of being mapped was "only" running 350bhp?? Can't help but think the Emerald System has something to do with all of that TBH...

Oh only 350bhp is that all! :lol:

6. Lee-GTi Forum Member

ok so if I go the OE management, whats involed in doing this, but I have the S3 engine loom and the ECU is this any help to me or is it just rubbish now as i don't have the clocks and keys and the rest of the loom!!

7. whitie Forum Member

is this a better or an alternative to aftermarket ECUs,
    or am i thinking in completly the wrong direction?

8. Rallye Forum Junkie

9. madmk4 Forum Member

That the one ;)

having a hard time finding the bits and bobs on the net, usually they're everywhere...

10. micky1 Forum Member

Hi mart,whats up with the 20v then?Not happening on emerald? tell us more..

11. madmk4 Forum Member

Ello Marcus, hows it goin mate ?

20vt is going to standard management, as good as the mapping form dave walker is, it's not well suited to forced induction applications really..

Shame really, because I dont know of anyone who knows as much as Dave Walker does, his workshop is the nuts, he's cheap and straight up with you to..let's hope things are just as good with whoever maps the std management..

Micky, theres a rolling road video of it on www.tris.demon.co.uk/dubs, latest tsr rolling road day..

Mind you, after dave mapped it was bloody quick, just lacked alot of torque from not tweaking the timing much.. 220atw/215 lb ft ATFW..

Crank sensor wiring went tits up in the rain :S:S:S and it's totally different now, and well down on power in that video aswell...
    So again, reliability problems.. Did i mention weve had two new ECU's aswell ? [xx(]

12. Dub20vt Forum Member

well mines running on motec had no probs so far...

comes with everything you will ever need from an ECU... launch control, traction control, all the way up to anti lag! :p

seems to do well on the power side of things as well my stock 225 TT motor made 275bhp ATW at tsr last saturday (before you start saying there rollers are inaccurate they've just been re-calibrated! :p )

13. madmk4 Forum Member

I think you're gearbox helps out a fair bit chris aswell..But still. Deffo a good map but the looks of things..

14. Dub20vt Forum Member

yea agree the gearbox may help a little bit. possibly less transmisson loss.

15. Rallye Forum Junkie

must finish mine!

16. madmk4 Forum Member

Possibly, the quaife gears nare quite heavy IIRC though.
    Edited by: madmk4

17. Lee-GTi Forum Member

Hi can you tell me more about your set-up where did you buy the MOTEC from and who mapped it after it was fitted!? hope you don't mind but which model do you have and how much was it?

Thanks very much! [:D]

18. madmk4 Forum Member

Dynalynx did the conversion for him, sold him the motec aswell.

They set the engine up on an engine dyno and mappied it on that..

Chris will be along some time soon no doubt to tell you the rest.

19. Dub20vt Forum Member

whole swap was done by dialynx and they did all the mapping and that. i've got a motec m4 system with an expander pack.

for the management including loom it'll be about 2k unmapped iirc.

20. Lee-GTi Forum Member

nice [:D] are you happy with it? werth the money do you have the number for them and i'll ring them monday!