I want to supercharge my ABF, advice needed!

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Carl loader, Sep 4, 2007.

1. eatonmk2 Forum Member

Hmmm sorry mate you're thinking/talking about the KR/9A inlet manifold, these guys are on about the ABF inlet manifold which is very different and only has a small hole with no threads.

Ps your fuel rail looks kool.

2. Rallye Forum Junkie

20v injectors should drop straight into a ABF

T

3. Admin Guest

Yep I was, my bad.

4. Carl loader Forum Member

Cheers guys, got an idea of injectors now, as for the rail, could i use a 20v rail, then machine up the extensions so they reach down in between the inlet tubes?

@Keith: Cheers for lettin me know what rating your injectors are, what car are yours off? Just want to get some that will fit, or are most injectors a common size to fit into the inlet (i.e. G60 syncro is running mustang injectors on his 20v engine)

5. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

I have a fuel rail for sale that will fit over the standard inlet mani. Not pretty, but does the job. PM for more info.

6. g60syncro Forum Member

Got some good info already Carl!! Won't take you long to get this bad boy running!!!

7. eatonmk2 Forum Member

I'm now using Audi S2 injectors with a passat 20vt fuel rail, you can use any non turbo/turbo 20v fuel rail.

8. eatonmk2 Forum Member

The eaton I'm using is from a CLK 230 with 200ps, the eaton pulley size is std, I have a custom crank pulley which ia 1??mm. I was using a mk2 16v 2Y 020 gearbox with std cluch for a year and 15,000 miles on low boost(210ish) This gearbox is still going, it's now in my daily. It'll be safer if you use a 02A cable gearbox.

9. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I got the Bosch Greens from G-Werks (believe they are from a Ford Lightening truck?), seemed to be about right for mine on 15psi, these are fitted into a KR manifold with digi inserts though.

My 020`s blown it`s guts out, have an 02a to go in with a hydro clutch.

10. Carl loader Forum Member

Right i think its time to start looking for bits now, no doubt i'll have many more questions yet!! Cheers fellas

11. Supercharged Forum Member

Anyone got pics or even templates for the brackets??

Which MK3 alt tensioner is best to use? belt route?

12. vinnietheradoboi Forum Member

how do u supercharge a kr 16v

13. Carl loader Forum Member

Yeah i'd like to know that too as i could make them myself. Anyone atleast got any pics of the set up on the car (i.e. ABF with an Eaton charger?)

14. eatonmk2 Forum Member

More or less the same way as an ABF.

15. Supercharged Forum Member

EatonMK2 - any chance of some pics of your setup - particuarly the brackets / pulleys etc

16. Yandards Forum Member

Another good site for supercharged valver parts is here: http://www.rp-motorsport.de/en/g-lader/16vg60-parts.htm

The water take off is a much better solution if you are retaining digi or even moving to squirt. Inlet manifold is also better as for FI you really need a short runner one to get the best from them.

17. Carl loader Forum Member

Very handy website there, quite cheap as well. Where does that water take off kit fit too (the side of the head?)

18. eatonmk2 Forum Member

Checkout Edition38.

That is a good site and not a bad price for the inlet manifold.

19. Yandards Forum Member

Yes, it is just a cut down one mk 3 one with a metal bung machined up so when the plastic cracks it is easy to make a new one.

The inlet manifold is a custom casting not a modified RS2 one so does not have the internal runners in it that the RS2 has that most people cut out.

Have a look at my thread on the corrado forum for some pics of both the manifold and the water outlet (Page 3)

20. Carl loader Forum Member

Had a look at your thread on the rado forum, lookin ace. When do you reckon you'll finish it, and could you give me some details on injectors, management your using. Cheers