I want to supercharge my ABF, advice needed!

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Carl loader, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Si16vAnni Forum Member

Prices and items required would be great for myself and others to know.

2. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

yeah its neil. Mines already got the ABF but having the supercharger put on it

3. dave_dub86 Forum Member

I priced it all up about 6 months ago to a budget of 1.5k

Including the eaton m62, intercooler, inlet manifold fabrication, throttle body, megasquirt, wiring and mapping, injectors, custom piping, custom brackets.

You wont get much change from 1.5k bro

4. Dicky_morris Forum Member

My Breakdown

m45 charger 100
    g60 injectors 30
    Chargecooler 87
    Brackets 180
    Management 120
    Wideband 160
    Evo Recirc 20
    All i need now is some tubing and thats me ready to fit it all up when i get back from afghan..

5. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

anybody anymore info on this???

@Dicky_morris what managment you using that costs 120quid??

has anybody got a drawing of the brackets and dimensions??

im going to take on with this project next spring, i already have a mk2 abf, p+p head, cams, chipped, ported inlet and tb but supercharging i think is the way to go next,

want to get parts sourced asap

as regards inlet manifold, what is the done thing/ what works best?? chopped abf with 20vt welded on??

injectors?? which car or which ones if buying new??

as regards charger, merc slk230 or clk 230, is there anything else??

what length of a belt will i need to run the charger??

where does the bracket bolt to the block, is there a specific place or odes it have to be machined??

i presume a sprinter intercooler will do the job?

what way do the pulleys work, like from the crank and could somebody give me a dimensioned drawing of the pulleys i need?? im presuming a smaller one than the standard one...

as regards managment, i already have the abf loom spliced into my original 1.3 fusebox etc so whats the story with the megasquirt then?? just build ecu and plug it in and get it mapped or do i need to modify the loom??

ill be trying to get max output i know it has to be less than 300 lbft to be safe on a stacked gasket so again what size pulley will get me just under this?? from what ive read i take it to be in and around 15psi but i stand to be corrected

i have plenty of contacts in the know so it wont be hard to put together, i just want a detailed list of what i need so i can get started

cheers
    jamie