Immob box and obd ports plug connectors

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by jimbob123, May 15, 2011.

1. stifla New Member

Cool !!! All these wires have been doing my head in lol. Well I'm loaded with loads more info and my new front bumper arrived today so as soon a the rain stops I can crack on : )

Got my beetle to get back on the rd next and the mrs wants a mk1 clipper next, it never stops mate
    : z

2. stifla New Member

Not using cruise control by the way so chopped them out

3. stifla New Member

Just a quick update, had to use black live in g1 pin 4 as the golf g2 plug didn't have a wire in pin4 at all but haven't got immo code in Vagcom now so that seems to be sorted : ) still got open circuit n109 but still waiting for my new part. There isn't a plug in w on the caddy fuse box so any ideas and the last one I have hanging now is the brake pedal input green single pin plug black/red wire any guidance on that please John ? That's all I have left and then the dash can go back in : ) : ) : ) hope you had a good new year !!!!!!!!!

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

doesnt seem to be a mention of the speed signal wire in the caddy AEY diagram, though it does show plug W? the black/red wire needs to go to the brake light switch black/red :)

5. stifla New Member

Hhhhmmmmm that seems really weird because there defo no W plug in my caddy fuse box : ( it all looks very original and not chopped around in there tho ? So brake switched side am I right in thinking that's on of the wires coming out of the green plug in the fuse box ? I'm really sorry to be a wiring dummy

6. stifla New Member

Could I splice the vss into U1-11 vehicle speed sensor white wire ? Or somewhere else ?

7. stifla New Member

G1-11 also says vehicle speed sensor white/blue but that's one of the plugs that replaced the caddy G1 plug so would it work if I spliced into the G1-11 wire ?

8. stifla New Member

W plug is mainly for ABS controls and I don't have ABS so I'm guessing that's why it's missing lol

9. rubjonny

U1/11 G1/11 is for the speedo sensor output from the gearbox to the dash, the wire you want is U2/2. Leave it off for now, see if anythign is actually affected. I think its mainly for cruise control in this ecu

10. stifla New Member

Cool thanks mate, well everything's done just waiting for my new 109 relay so fingers crossed : )

11. stifla New Member

Placed the new 109 relay in place today but still no joy !!!!!!!!!!! I now have vag codes 17978-static no indication on display.
    00532-static implausible.
    Still got 01237-open short circuit sporadic to earth.

I'm tearing my hair out now, any ideas where to start, I've done some google digging but not to successful on where to start really.

12. rubjonny

ok:
    17978 - Contr.Module Locked (could be immobiliser code?)
    00532 - Supply Voltage (B+)
    01237 - Fuel Cut-off Valve -N109

sounds like a fault in the wiring loom, maybe something plugged in wrong somewhere. get digging!

also, invest in a proper vagcom cable will be much easier to work with than the aftermarket reader

13. stifla New Member

Hi mate, the saga continues : (
    I do wanna get a copy of vagcom but wasn't sure where to get a cable, what about the ones on eBay are they any gd ?
    Just a note, when I was taping the loom I cut and lengthened a few wires to get the loom to sit properly, during the cutting I run out of heat shrink so I used crimp connectors in a hurry (stupid I know) if one of the crimps has let go could that be the prob with the fuel shut off valve earth ?
    I think the immo is working but the dash is still out so it's recognising there are no clocks there at all that's why it may be giving that code ?

14. rubjonny

yep ebay, search vagcom, sort by cheapest first, set uk sellers only unless you dont mind waiting for one to turn up from hong kong.

best to have a look at your joins then, the immob box doesn't care about the clocks its all self-contained

15. stifla New Member

Wiring loom is out, 2 loose crimp connections but I cut, soldered and heat shrunk back together : ) just a note but I've been using the existing main power cable and fuse from the sdi loom and the F plug from the sdi loom as I thought it made no deifference but am I wrong ? ? ? I've got the main power cable and F plug in the golf loom but just didn't plug them in, am I being stupid not using them ? Received my vag com lead and cd but my lap top is being fixed by a pal, when I turned it on the eve I got the vag com it had a nice virus on it probably courtesy of some spotty teen in his bedroom with nothing better to do than mess with other peoples lives !!!!!!!! (Rant over) any way it's done but can't pick up til Monday so I'll put the loom back in and see what happens

16. stifla New Member

One other thing does the ecu have just one earth (thick black wire) as this seems to be the only body (chassis) earth I have ?

17. rubjonny

the golf F plug only has the reverse lights, starter and alternator wire in it, as long as these wires are in the old SDI F plug no need to worry.

there should be an earth from the ecu and several components to the battery -ve, lookign at the diagram the ecu wires are brown then they all splice together into a thicker black/red wire which goes to the battery -ve

if its a later mk3 these may all splice into the MK3 main earth from the fusebox to the battery -ve, chunky brown wire. if you arnt using that this could be why?

18. stifla New Member

Hi mate, everything is earthing perfectly now accept for N18 egr valve which I've got rid of anyways, I vag com'do the engine with everything unplugged and then systematically plugged everything in the vag com'do again and all that was left was the egr which I'm not worried about and the dreaded N109 fuel shut off valve earth, to solve it could I not splice into the fuel valve earth at the multi plug and eyelet the end to go somewhere (battery, chassis, block) ? That is if the valve earth runs down to the multi plug ?

Wiring is something I'm gonna make myself more familiar with in future !!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Thanks

19. rubjonny

109 should be earthed to the engine, then it has 1 wire to the ecu?

20. stifla New Member

That's what I'm missing then, 109 earth to engine I think ?