In need of some help/pointers. MS2extra ITB ABF

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Bruce T, May 14, 2014.

1. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Can send him a ping to see if your current BT system is compatible.

I can hook you up now actually.

*Edit just done that and pointed him to this thread*

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Bruce T likes this.
  2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Easy then.

3. Bruce T Forum Member

As Eddie says, I bought a Bluetooth adaptor for the ECU from LM Performance and use it with a Trust Bluetooth USB dongle plugged into the netbook. Great bit of kit which I've used from day one of my megasquirt journey and it's been spot on, no communication issues at all (bar one, but that was my fault, because I had an accent version of Tuner Studio lol)

4. Toyotec

Loved sitting in the garage with the note book and pressing +++ remotely, then hearing the car accept the changes with not a wire/cable in sight!

5. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Yes they are. When you have finished:

Click `View Logs`
    select the log you want
    click email
    click `convert to .msl format`

Then either add to dropbox or email to your home address. It will convert to the required format so MLV will import it directly.

That`s exactly what I do :thumbup:

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Was thinking of getting one myself. Need to go MS2 first.

7. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Really ? Why ? what benefits will that offer you over MS1 ? Genuinely curious. [:s]

8. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

There are things you can do that I like. Faster processor. I find there's compromises when it comes to certain things. Due to mine being a road car little things get noticed.
    Main thing is resolution and more cells on the map and possibly better idle valve control

9. Toyotec

There are more features built into the later faster MS2/3 ( faster for a reason) such as:
    More breakpoints for the fuel map, stepper motor isc, VVT, cam sensor/cylinder recognistion input for sequential injection/ignition and potentially an advanced cold transient feature with wallflim.

The above could help refine driveability on a road car or a later vehicle and to some extent reduce fuel flow and improve FE. However on a track car with throttles/turbo, these extra features will not be used and maybe not that relevant.

The system is faster only because there is more calculations that would need to be processed as compared to MS1.

Got a built MS2 unit to work back to back on JENVEE and I really do not know what all the hype is about. Car runs the same to me. So I just run MS1 with a fairly mature calibration including idle speed control. Trevs Logger with the LM adaptor, still works on that albeit with known bugs.

*Edit* Not worth it if you have a working MS1 already IMO but if you bought a later one or have reason to use the above features then fair enough, still cheaper than the other brands out there and fairly versatile.

Nige likes this.
  10. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

For a track car I wouldn't bother but there are functions I like and want. Once you get around the synch loss issues it does seem a better unit IMO. Just feel like I want to upgrade. Although there are some things that MS1 does better, like the IAT related air density. Which I use to sort hot start issues.

11. Bruce T Forum Member

It was very cool to watch you Eddie! But also makes day to day logging etc. much nicer, no cables or Serial to USB adaptors to mess about with.

12. Bruce T Forum Member

That's great Nige!

I'm all linked up with Dropbox so will give it a go later and see how we get on :thumbup:

Nige likes this.
  13. Bruce T Forum Member

They do them for both MS1 and MS2 but I guess if you're planning on switching to MS2 better to wait and get the MS2 module.

14. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Thats what i mean. If it worked with both id have one already.

15. Bruce T Forum Member

Yeah, it clicked after I'd posted :)

tshirt2k likes this.