just got pulled

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Guests, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkie Forum Member

At the end of the day, driving along with your fog lights on, when it's not foggy is illegal. I, like you Recardo think it look cools. But I still don't do it, mainly because I know how annoying it can be when I see someone coming the other way with theirs turned on. You are right about Xenon lights being worse. But until they are banned, we just have to put up with them.
    Also, fog lights don't need to be very bright, because they are only there to light up the road underneath the fog, and not pierce through it. Car makers used to set up cars, so you could only turn on your front fogs, if you had your side lights on, and not your main beam. But that seems to have gone out of the window.

I don't understand the laws on number plates. As I think the silver letters on black is no easier/harder to read than the black on yellow/white. Just another stupid law IMO.

As for the speeding. I won't preach to anyone. Basically I do what ever speed I want to. If I'm doing 60mph in a 30 zone and I get caught, I'm fecked.

One final point. I do think that the police need to leave motorists alone, and try to catch some more muggers, robbers, rapists and paedophiles.

Cheers, Jamie

2. Cleggstar Forum Member

ditto!

3. Guests Banned

chrismc.....i used to think you were alright but now i know your just a hipocrit

have a little look at this thread here

now this is a thread very similar to mine. it mentions andy doing 130mph. its not the only one of him boasting about his speeding. No offence intended andy....i do the same.

what bothers me. is i can get a army of people calling me a t**t and t**ser for having my fogs. everyone else pats andy on the back for doing what i consider to be farfarfar more dangerous than having lights on in the daytime.

and people can say oh i didnt see that thread but your lying because he posts topics like that all the time i just cant be assed to find them all

rags mate :clap: its good to here someone with a bit of sense on this forum. same goes for yorkie and helious.

some of you might wanna take note on how these guys reply.....you can say something is wrong with out being insulting [:s]

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

:lol: :lol:

Just to remind everyone i have a VERY different set of circumstances to the rest of you. I can drive round all day and not meet another person :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:p

5. JAY

Jay Forum Member

I was typing up a full reply to this, but i honestly can be bothered.

As recardo say, there are too many hypocrites on here, when people do excess of 100mph on 30mph roads, you all pat them on the back and then someone does something not so bad and instead of saying things in an adult manner, most people start getting offensive.

lets stop this bickering and get back to the 'family' feel this forum used to have!

6. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

That went about 2 years ago :thumbup:

7. thebluebus Forum Junkie

:lol:wickid man innit:lol:

8. Guests Banned

it is a shame really, because sometimes this forum is the best on the net for vw chat. [8(]

9. richgit Forum Junkie

Sometimes it IS proper grimey :)

10. nuttinnew Forum Member

Get back to the family feel? Ooer Mrs.

11. Joe16v Forum Member

You reap what you sow. You know the law and if you break it you risk getting caught, its a thing we all have to accept.

12. chrismc Forum Junkie

Ive never patted Andy on the back Recardo...can't stomach the bloke in all honesty!!... he posts a lot of rubbish & inflammatory stuff IMO as you say.. :) If he wants to drive at 130MPH thats up to him...he is most probably only a danger to himself in the Highlands.. ;)

Id be interested to know why you feel im a hypocrit....Sure I exceed the speed limit at times (as do 99.99% of other GTi owners) & have previously been convicted for it...but I have no front fogs to annoy people with..so what exactly makes me hypocritical? ;)

The reason you get insulted is because of your blatant disregard for the law....The Police & other motorists couldnt care less how cool you think it looks. You have even stated that the Fogs were the first thing the Police mentioned when they pulled you...

Did you argue about it with them??? Thought not..
    Edited by: chrismc

13. superden Forum Addict

Look.

Driving at excessive speeds on a public road is f*cking stupidity.

Driving with your fogs on is f*cking irritating to other road users.

Both are illegal.

Correct me if I`m wrong, but your lights are functional, they arent there for fashion purposes.

In short, if you post about speeding or having your fogs on, expect some flak.

If you dont like it, dont post about it.

Simple really :)

14. superden Forum Addict

That is, without doubt, the most irresponsible and foolish thing I`ve seen anyone post in a long time.

15. chrismc Forum Junkie

Totally agree :clap:

16. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Look i come from a biking background.

I for one couldnt give a poo about speeding so long as you follow the rules right place and right time.

Andy 947 speeds most of the time in the right palce at the right time mostly cos he lives on his own island. :lol:

On the bikes i usee to take a lot of flack for my headlight at night. Used to pull up on the outisde of people at the traffic lights and they would wind their window down and say

'whats your f**kin prblem mate can u stop flashing me you c**t'

This is not me flashing you mate its purely because tyhe headlight moves up and down with suspension travel.

Nothing i can do about it mate if i wanna see where im going. If i could stop it i would i dont want to urine of other road users on purpose.

Whereas having fogs on is deliberate and urinees people off so why do it and deliberately urine people off with the chav like behaviour.

The only people i ever see witht their fogs on are young burberry clad chavboys and girls for that matter. Why assocaiate with that kind of behaviour.

Tbh if i saw you coming the other way with your fogs on you would get the same response as all the chavs even tho i know you arent a chav, and regardless of the Golf Gti affinity.
    Edited by: DuBDuDe

17. Guests Banned

i also from a bike background, if having 4 lights on the front of my car stops people pulling out on me because they can see me then thats perfect.

all i care about on the road is myself everyone else is out to get me.....thats how i ride my bikes.....thats also how i drive my car, im sorry that it is annoying for you....but if every driver coming towards me called me a w4nker or flashed there lights at me i probably wouldnt drive with them.......i havent had a driver question me about it.....so clearly there not much harm.

when i drive my mates F150....everyone flashes me and beeps me....cos there so bright.....but its legal.

chris i called you a hypocrite because in the post above you dont even question andy about his speed.....but you flew straight in calling me a t0sser in this thread.

18. Raider Forum Member

Running with the Fogs on looks utter pooe IMO... its something I did when I just passed my test [:$] .... But if it floats your boat and all that [:s] ........

19. Guests Banned

45 in a 30????

recardo you are a fuking tw@t

i mean if your gonna speed you might as well do it properly :lol: ;)

20. Yorkie Forum Member

Like I care what you think.

Did you not see Richgits post then?

He was going faster than I was :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Jamie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.