Megasquirt ecus (feeler)

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by bens_cab, Jan 7, 2007.

1. gtidaddy New Member

Bens cab. we the americans use megasquirt and have figured it out.we also have companies that make standalone units to fit you conversion needs. so even the computer illiterate can plug and play. i hope you also realise that we have quite a few 20vt running400hp.i can give you links to the US sites if that helps. one of the biggest mega sqirt users here is pattatron

2. gtidaddy New Member

when i said 400 hp i meant daily drivers

3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

go for it show us the links for the 20vt running megasquirt in a vw id be interested in seeing them

also pattatron is the guy thats been asking for my msq files for the 20vt ;)

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Pats a cool chap. Talked to him on msg a few times and he showed me some of his VR6 Mk1 projects.
    I am sure there are many 400BHP 1.8Ts out there in North America. I got a few chaps in Canada who run these outputs as "daily drivers" from the 20vT.
    Show us the links of chaps who run 20vTs on MS management 100bhp or 450bhp.
    The last time I checked Ben was the only one whos name came up in searches. By now there must be more...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  5. gtidaddy New Member

the guys i no here using mega squirt to run the 20v have no website.

6. gtidaddy New Member

as for me i will be using the corrado digi1 recalibrated to run my 2.0. SNS tuning is recalibrating my ecu

7. bens_cab Forum Junkie

ms

i thought you had links ????

ive spoken to a couple of people on vortex who are in the process of using ms with the
    20v and they also have found information on this setup very limited other than my threads

theres a guy called limaxray whos running fuel only and has major problems converting to spark

8. gtidaddy New Member

patatron uses it for vr6. he is also doing what you are doing here.

9. gtidaddy New Member

did us the USA peeps do something to you Ben.seems like you keep ragging on us.i thought dubbing was a way of life and a way to help others.

10. bens_cab Forum Junkie

yeah ive just been on his forum very good for magasquirt support

we are trying to do a similar thing for the uk market as theres people that need there eyes opening to how cheap management can be

11. gtidaddy New Member

also i didn't come to dish just get some info from some peeps in the know. Ben maybe when i get to the uk next year i buy you a pint

12. bens_cab Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: my mums america:lol: :lol:

not at all ive been asking the question for over a year on vortex and got nothing then all of a sudden everyone on vortex wants my msq files

nothing personal mate;)

13. gtidaddy New Member

i'll send you a link to my bud with the hot parts for the 20vt

14. gtidaddy New Member

not to kill your post but most on vortex are loud mouth. they talk a good game but don't know a thing. the guys with the knowledge usually send you im's

15. bens_cab Forum Junkie

top man i drink pints like my car drinks fuel lol

when you coming over i reckon there could a uk megasquirt meet before long now that would be cool

16. gtidaddy New Member

Ben where in the uk are you?i'm coming to manchester for a wedding next year

17. gtidaddy New Member

Ben, if you need anything from over here let me know we need a uk us connection going

18. turbotommy Forum Member

This is SO helpfull to for people who want to go forward but don't have the knowlage/expertise etc... :clap:
    Please keep it up and us all informed!:p

On a 2nd note,even if i were to use the STD ecu/management, 1st i have to see if its std or chipped then i know i have to go revo/cc stage 2 just to run without a cat which is like 499.00!!!! another cost ontop of the conv [:x] oh then an upgrade when i get it running right to fit my ko3s & map it [8(]
    (just trying to give others an insight into costs when running STD managment)

Please keep the info comming you 2 :)

19. gtidaddy New Member

20. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

I am been toying with the idea of putting mega squirt on my rallye, seems quite simple compared to the 20vt . but i have not found any trigger wheel setups that look up to the job , anyone know know for any exmples ?. The best i have seen is on Rays red mk1 throttle bodies setup, that looked sweet.

Quite like the idea of have knock control using megasquirt that a big selling point for me