Megasquirt ecus (feeler)

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by bens_cab, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Does you Rallye have a 20vT or the OEM 1H motor?

If 20vT then you use the OEM 60-2 wheel and cranksender two builtin VB 921s and the coil pack like Bens Cab. If 1H then you can use the VW Dizzy as the trigger to fire the VW ignitor and single coil or you can build in an internal ecu ignitor with a VB921. There are knock systems that can be integrated with the MS EMS. http://www.viatrack.ca/ This is the recommended one from Knocksense
    My problem would be knowing which noise freqency window the knock amp would detect before pulling out any programmed spark from the base map.
    When I set-up my car I never used any of the above. I am considering adding one of these for test reasons for the times I might be broke and run 95 unleaded.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. Dub Nutta Forum Member

Was just going to sugest you did something similar to mine, give me a shout if you want any extra pics or know where the bits can be sourced

3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

ms

seems like theres alot of interest in the megasquirt hopefully were paving the way for low cost conversions for people

with ms my conversion 20vt in my cab was less than 1500 ;) ;) ;)

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'm planning to turbo my Mk2 2L 16v at some point. It's currently running on K-Jet, so a cleverer engine management system would help it to run properly.

What bits can you supply to help, and what do I need to source separately. I'd like to know prices as well, so PM me if you prefer not to go public.

5. bens_cab Forum Junkie

if you pm toyotec hes done a 16vt conversions and will know exactly what parts you need the ecu side of things is no problem

6. kingslynn20v Forum Member

got to aggree with ben and toytec, for the money you ain,t going to beat it, just got my caddy running with a 20v and ms...with help from ben and toytec, still needs somework but it starts and ticks over, just got to map it all but there is so much info on the forums i hope it should,nt be to hard!1:)

7. bens_cab Forum Junkie

cheers

so have you had a blast in it yet be careful not to thrash it until its mapped you dont wasnt to go melting pistons now do you:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. kingslynn20v Forum Member

no still got the driveshafts flanges and hydrolic clutch to sort then its a burn up the road,havin a bit of trouble with boost controll though... i,m using output 3 for the boost valve but car,nt seem to find an option in outputt 3 for boost control, thats if i,m looking in the right place!!:)

9. bens_cab Forum Junkie

easy fix get a long piece of pipe connect one end to the wastegate then the other end to the to the top of the throttle body then get a manual boost controller thats what i have done

also unless you had the boost control planned into the ecu when it was built you will need to modifying the ecu to use electronic boost

10. bens_cab Forum Junkie

quick vid

heres a quick vid of the cab running with the aid of megasquirt

picture quality and sound are crap due to using my phone but you get the general idea also note this is a un mapped car and is lumpy in places

enjoy

[​IMG]

11. bens_cab Forum Junkie

toyotec hows the monster 16vt coming along you got that turbo back yet

12. Toyotec

Hybrid turbo back on Sat. Total seal rings due in on 24th.
    270ish lbft in the bag (hopefully).

13. bens_cab Forum Junkie

well sold the campaign which means one things as of tommorow the the squirted cab is officialy road legal:p

so going to use it for a while and see how it goes then hopefully the man himself will be receiving a visit in the near future to map it fully

it was mapped initially to a safe map running 3 to 4 psi so going to run it like that for a bit got some wiring issues to sort out rev ounter ect ect ect

14. craigington New Member

Hi im looking into running m/s on my mk1 abf and was planing on running the abf n/a for a while then once funds allow turbo it. what i would like to know is if there is a base map out there for a n/a abf?
    Toytech could you please pm me a price for an ecu and loom to fit my abf.
    cheers

15. bens_cab Forum Junkie

turbo is the way to go and should inagine toytec will be able to sort you out no problemo;)

16. Toyotec

Send me a pm.

17. craigington New Member

pm'd ya dude

18. Admin Guest

Hi, this thread makes for good reading, im considering using MS on my 8v MK2 to control the ignition and fueling over the Digipants and at a later date maybe run some webbers...

What i would like to know is;

Can you run MS and still use the MFA functions? such as the MPG and Oil temp. Would be perfect if you can. [:D]

19. bertelli_1 Forum Member

That is exactly what I did with my conversion. MFA works fine with ms.

20. bens_cab Forum Junkie

the ms is a very good alternative to other ems an as bertelli say you can run the mfa ok aswell as nos traction control the list is endless