meine auto and the ring.

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Matt82, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aha thats the very thing :)
    the MK1 beam as I said is just straight so it wont cause as much geometry change as that, I think it will a tiny bit due to the inherant action of twisting the beam?

also the above explains why solid poly beam bushes arnt very good, they dont allow the beam to move properly causing Bad Things to happen :lol:

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The geometry is interesting, definitely, and some on here on the right thread / right day may be able to discuss it for a long time - but for others, it's a black hole.

I think on a %-age basis, it is not the overiding concern on basically tinkering about trying to alter a road car's behaviour.

That's back to tyre pressures, ride height, front camber, front toe, ARBs (IMO).

3. mec82 Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no, like the thinking though.

from that animation, it looks like the outer rear wheel would lose neg camber ( or gain pos i spose :p ) under roll....is that right? not good if it is [:s]

I agree with you Chris, although we got there from different directions, the way forward is too increase front end grip as much as possible...then if you still need more lift-off goodness you take away a small amount of rear grip.

4. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Id say the Powerflex rear axle bushes were the best single modification I ever made to the Corrado

5. rubjonny

well compared to knackered old oem ones maybe <stir stir> :lol:

I'm not really for/against either setup really, but I can see where both sides of the argument come from, they're cheap, easy to fit but they dont really behave how the oem ones do. whether this is good or bad usually ends up in a very long thread with lots of technical stuff thrown in :lol:

6. vrbanana Forum Junkie

You think Im ever likely to have run knackered bushes?

7. rubjonny

well cant even manage to get your car finished so I'd say so :lol:
    edit: In all seriousness its possible that maybe, possibly you bought an old car with damaged bushes, then replaced them. Do all 2nd hand Corrados come with perfect OEM bushes? ;)

but I wasn't being serious with my reply to you, notice the <stir stir> comment plus the smiley ;)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  8. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

On my corrado at the moment i run powerflex bushes all round, standard arb up front with poly bushes and eibach arb round the back coupled with not so clever fk coilies and mk3 top mounts, not set to low tho(hate very low cars)

Handling is absolutelly superb!

Tried without extra rear arb and car was allot more understeery and unsetled through the twisties rolling allot more

Mind you corrado front arb is thicker in the middle where it matters than a mk2/mk3 standard bar

I am tracking the corrado at curborough later on this month and will find out if the relatively simple set up is as good on tre track

9. rubjonny

yeah i have poly front wishbone bushes and dispite what some say about them I have noticed no issues (ususally the same people who complain about beam bushes) I have a set of poly beam ones I plan to fit if my rears ever go, since they're cheap and easy to fit :lol:

10. vrbanana Forum Junkie

The car was originally a stolen/recovered G60, it was rebuilt into a full spec VR6 and was finished. ran it as a finished car
    for aprox 5 years as a daily driver/track car.

with OE rear axle bushes in perfect condition, the rear axle on it was off a late VR with 30k miles

i did see that ;) Still doesn’t alter the fact that I still think the Powerflex bushes are a vast improvement over the OE bushes even if new/perfect condition, and that’s from personal experience [:D]

11. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

mine on dead ahead/slight toe out stabilised the car no end.

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

stupid point then.. adding the spacers to the front? whats the odds on that sorting it out

13. rubjonny

yeah just tryin to vstir things up, bored tbh :lol:
    like i said if my bushes go I'll be doing the same, buggered if im paying someone to push in new bushes for me! plus I would only want gen VAG ones if I did go with the proper bushes, doubt febi would last as long but I dont really want to pay 30+vat a side!

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

dissapointing the duke did you tbh..... cool pics though

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

no, i decimated the duke at the next corner. i would have "done him" sooner but for my slightly under in understeer

17. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Looks like you have too much roll at the rear, have you thought about fitting an anti-roll bar [:[]

18. bula_82 Forum Junkie

:lol:

19. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

20. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.