MK1 Golf built in 83 bought in '03 and and still not completed!!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Collo, May 2, 2007.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

Ooh is that fitted to the standard tower using the normal fixing points?

Any more info....

2. Collo Forum Member

What info do you need fella? it is fixed to the nomal attachment points though a little reworking was required can get you piccies if you want? also a fuelling issue has reared its ugly head hoping its just a bit of dirt in one of the carbs? Hit 5th gear aceelerate and car starts to peter out and misfire,pull over switch off wait 10 secs or so start up and all good again??

Oh the colour was Ford Pacific Blue from the 1970's (Mk3 cortina's were popular in this!!) and Hillman sunset orange sorry I do not have any codes

3. Collo Forum Member

used it on Sunday for the last time this year,all cleaned and dry stored ready for 2013 ,I vow to use it more often !!

4. Collo Forum Member

So spent yesterday at the Beaulieu International Autojumble with my dad looking for Porsche 944 calipers for the Golf when I thought hello what's that hiding over there

[​IMG]

turns out to be a nigh mint Kamei front spoiler 20 I thank you ,bloke had loads of Kamei stuff on the stall all really cheap compared to the scene priced stuff I was very very tempted to take the lot ,had a Hella front spoiler (urethane) with spots, a rear spoiler with built in brake lights ,lots of normal rear spoilers ,hood scoop etc apparentlly Belgium is unaware of scene tax!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. fthaimike Forum Addict

nice find

6. Collo Forum Member

Yeah could not believe how tidy it was or how much Kamei stock he had regret not buying it all :( mind you has now cured my curiosity for a bonnet scoop God they are hideous!!!!

7. Collo Forum Member

So the tiny crack at the top edge all super-glued nicely back to gether and now spoiler all flatted down ready for paint, when I removed the "period" decals found the original Kamei sticker underneath so going to very carefully mask that out . Was going to paint last weekend but weather was not ideal for outside spraying!!

going to have to modify the ends a fair bit as they interfere with the arches and thinking of moulding a front splitter to the bottom to help stiffen it all up a little?

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Not sure what those are, but Compbrake ones fit the normal mounting points. They look similar, but I'm not sure they're the same.

9. Collo Forum Member

Mike I purchased them 2nd hand (like most of my car!!) of a chap on Wrotham Hill in Kent think I paid 50? I thought they were Compbrake but like you say that are a little different and we did have to use new pickup points? so unsure but can get you a more detailed picture if you require?

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

The Compbrake ones on the Rocco don't have the large hole out near the edge that I can see in your pic. Could just be different ages of Compbrake mount though. I'm fairly sure mine say Compbrake on them.

11. Collo Forum Member

so finished for 2012 and here are a few closing shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and on it's way to bed for the winter!!

[​IMG]

12. Collo Forum Member

Gave up on finding some suitable 4 pots in my price range so settled for a pair of Audi S2 2 Pots with carriers for 100 hoping that this is the last piece in my Brake system jigsaw along with the seat 305mm discs

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  13. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Looking mighty fine fella, any more La Mans trips planned in the mk1?

14. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

This is my favorite and one of the best Mk1's ive seen on Cgti :thumbup:

Looks ace in those pictures above. :)

15. smp1987 Forum Member

Nice one Mart glad to see you are finally using the old girl roll on 2013 ;)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  16. Collo Forum Member

well 2017 is our 20th anniversary of attendance so we were thinking of getting the best of the cars we have travelled down in out of the garages and reuniting !! would be quite a nice convoy

TR6, Spitfire, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, R/R Sport, Lancia Integrale, Subaru 22B , my Golf just about every continent covered!!!

17. Collo Forum Member

Thanks fella how is the MK2?

18. Collo Forum Member

and thank you Sir always good to recieve a compliment!!;)

19. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Could be a good year then!

20. smp1987 Forum Member

Not bad mate she is away for the winter on the 1st of November i hope to get a few trips out of here before then