Mk2 golf 1.8t t28 turbo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Gazt, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Gazt Forum Member

Will sort the rears as soon as I've sold my old wheels,just about to take the centre caps to the paint shop to match the silver because the fake chrome bit looks pants!!
    [​IMG]

2. Gazt Forum Member

Spent all day Saturday on the golf,got the shell flatted ready to clearcoat(forgot to take pictures!),the old wheels are sold,need to get the rear tyres fitted to the new wheels,also need to get some spigot rings aswel,hopefully get the clearcoat on soon so I can start putting things back together!,will update soon!

3. Admin Guest

I like the project, good fabrication skills. Is this car going to be small or big bumpers?

4. Gazt Forum Member

Thanks mate,chomping at the bit to finish the paint on the shell now!,really busy at work aswel,Big bumpers,always been a big bumper fan

5. Gazt Forum Member

Got a fair bit done today,quite pleased with progress now,all masked up ready for lacquer
    [​IMG]

6. Gazt Forum Member

After a good bake and time to cool down,I couldn't resist but start putting a few bits on:)
    [​IMG]

7. Gazt Forum Member

Crap pictures,but after a good flat and polish we should be there!:thumbup:
    [​IMG]

8. Gazt Forum Member

9. Gazt Forum Member

Bye bye fake chrome!
    [​IMG]

10. Gazt Forum Member

Also got on with the panels so should be getting some paint on them soon

11. tech1889 Dan Forum Member

Is your booth heated ??

12. Gazt Forum Member

Well no,it's a bit of a crude space heater job but it works fine,as we do restoration it's not in constant use like a normal bodyshop,but in the winter it becomes a bit of a pain in the ass but It could be worse I suppose!

13. luacgt1

luacgt1 Forum Member

Great work on the pedalbox, I'm currently doing a hydro clutch conversion with the standard pedalbox.

14. Gazt Forum Member

Thanks!,to be honest if it wasn't for my boss doing the maths regarding pivots ect I wouldn't have got it done!,also I don't think there's anyone who makes them for a mk2 with internal cylinders

15. Gazt Forum Member

Pretty poor pictures as the car was locked up in my container at work as the workshop is rammed to the roof with cars!,but ive replaced the wing bolts with nice shiny new ones and fitted the slam panel aswel
    [​IMG]

16. Gazt Forum Member

Also fitted the front screen
    [​IMG]

17. Gazt Forum Member

Not got as much done this week as I'd like but it's al progress I suppose,better get my finger out with the panels now!

18. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Lovely colour!

19. Gazt Forum Member

Cheers mate,always get asked about changing the colour but I think it looks sweet:)

20. Gazt Forum Member

Few more bits done today,slowly chipping away at it!,front bumper painted,ignore the grey faded plastic top half,il be re painting that later on
    [​IMG]