Mk2 golf 1.8t t28 turbo

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Gazt, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Gazt Forum Member

Sunroof panel painted
    [​IMG]

2. Gazt Forum Member

Tailgate also painted,I decided this time that rather than flat everything back this time I'd try just lacquering straight over the 2k after it had flashed off for a bit,random way of painting a car I no but basecoat is fairly expensive and takes a fair bit to cover properly,really pleased with the results on these bits so I think the rest will be done this way
    [​IMG]

3. Gazt Forum Member

4. Gazt Forum Member

Tiny bit more done before I went home tonight,tailgate waxoyl'd,handle and number plate fitted,just need to find the boot lock and number plate lights
    [​IMG]

5. Gazt Forum Member

Got the tailgate on tonight,fitted the glass aswel,also the sunroof seal came today,maybe onto something with the seal,il see what it looks like fitted,might be able to sell a few at a reasonable price??
    [​IMG]

6. Gazt Forum Member

Went into work early today so got a small amount done,finished off fitting the sunroof
    [​IMG]

7. Gazt Forum Member

Almost finished fitting the (dirty/dusty) head lining
    [​IMG]

8. Gazt Forum Member

Slowly getting a few more bits prepped ready for paint now,it's a bit of a struggle sometimes doing this kind of thing all day 6 days a week for other people then trying to make time for my own project but I'm getting there now,I'm kind of not fussed in a way how long it takes as long as its right and looks good.the brand new front lower spoiler came today so once I've re painted the top section of the bumper that can go on aswel

9. Gazt Forum Member

Bit more done before I went home tonight,got the brand new lower spoiler on
    [​IMG]

10. Gazt Forum Member

Also prepped the top half of the bumper using scotch brite and panel wipe,then using bumper repair paint by pro xl re painted the top half black,it also hides minor scratches because of the texture additive in the paint,they also do other things just as awesome
    [​IMG]

11. Gazt Forum Member

Then it ends up something like that
    [​IMG]

12. Gazt Forum Member

13. benny Forum Member

That's come up well! Pro XL you say...

14. G-adams

G-adams CGTI Regional Host - Bristol

That pro xl is great stuff as that what I use in work. Great build you got here.

15. Gazt Forum Member

Cheers matey!,oh it is!,we use it aswel,the ultra prime is bloody brilliant!

16. Gazt Forum Member

Right,after a bit of a lazy spell,mainly down to working on other peoples cars 6 days a week and it being hot aswel!,I'm almost there with most of the other bits,the bonnet and the trims off the front grille are ready to paint,the doors and rear bumper are about ready for primer,will get on with that when there is a bit more space in the workshop and I can get in the booth one evening/Saturday,once all the Paintwork is out the way I can carry on with the mechanical jobs like new brake lines,hangers on the exhaust,throttle linkage which I'm not too happy with,needs a tweak so it pulls smoothly,also need to plug it in to back the fuelling off a tad so I can run everything in,put a resistor of some sort into the water temp sender as its a newer one and is throwing the gauge way off,and all of that is a TINY amount of the jobs I need to do!,but to be fair as long as its done for next summer I'm happy,do it right do it once

17. Gazt Forum Member

Finally got my finger out!,past few evenings I've been sorting the rest of the bits for primer,the front doors I've sanded back to the primer that I put on years ago,filled car park dents,ripples ect blocked them flat ready for primer
    [​IMG]

18. Gazt Forum Member

Then tonight got the primer on
    [​IMG]

19. Gazt Forum Member

Also the rear bumper
    [​IMG]

20. Gazt Forum Member

So now other than LOADS of blocking I'm pretty much on the home straight paint wise:clap:,the bonnet and grille trims are ready to paint already so will do them next,still in 2 minds on colour coding the mirrors but that's no problem if I change my mind later on,after the paint I'm back on the mechanical jobs like brake pipes,rear axle refurb,it's all new but ive since realised powder coat is utter toss!,it looks terrible so it's strip down and blast and paint