mk2 radio slot gauge holder NEW PICS

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by steve r, Mar 12, 2004.

1. damogti Forum Junkie

:) thats better ;)

I just feel a bit annoyed with my self really for going that high with the bidding, esp as i really havent got the cash for this sort of thing with inters being in a couple of weeks.

35 is loads for an interior light, even if it is rare as hell to get hold of......

Still, bit late now. Once i get it and fit it i'll be wondering what i was moaning about im sure.....

2. damogti Forum Junkie

[8(] thanks mate ;)

Your really helping......

3. jprocter Forum Member

:lol: i love to kick some1 when there down :lol:

4. damogti Forum Junkie

[8(] Thanks........... [:^(]

:lol: ;) :lol:

5. Mikey Forum Member

These tinted interior lights are rare?? I got mine about 6 years back from a chap breaking a LHD German Golf, for the grand price of

2 ;)

6. jprocter Forum Member

Dont look Damo !!!! :lol: :lol:

7. damogti Forum Junkie

8. Jetta Forum Junkie

9. steve r

steve r Forum Member

yep good quality copies,

nice collection of gauges you've got there..

10. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Got my VDO gauges this morning [:D] Just got to make up some brackets to fix the gauges to the din panel and hopefully pick up a cheap twin pole sender at Inters then I can fit them.

Do I really need the relay that's part of the gauge loom, as far as I can see it's wired to the illumination and the oil gauge.. is it a buzzer too? [:s]
    Edited by: G_V_K

11. Jetta Forum Junkie

Nope, just wire the senders straight to the upside down T on the guages, for the twinpole pressure sender connect the gauage to the terminal marked G and the original wire for the oil pressure warning system to the terminal marked WK.

Wire the +ve up to a red/black ignm sense wire and the ilumination to a grey/blue wire and the earth to a brown wire.

I was quite lucky as I got my guages from a scrap yard that didnt know what they were worth, I got the oil pressure sender, oil temp sender, all three guages, and as much of the loom at either end as I could easily cut off for a fiver.
    Edited by: Jetta

12. GVK

Cheers Jetta :)
    I'll bin that relay then :thumbup:

Oil temperature gauge,can I use the sender for the MFA ?

13. mk1. Forum Junkie

yes,or put 2 senders on a T piece so the mfa one works aswell,I find on mine they both give different readings? [:$]

14. alby Forum Junkie

gary your pm box is full.
    :)

15. GVK

Most of my MFA is fecked anyway,, so I'm not worried about the Oil temp function either :lol:

Will clear it out Al.. ;)

16. Jetta Forum Junkie

some said aes ago the MFA sender has a different temp range to the VDO guage one? also you dont need a T-piece as you can use it as a sump plug, though my sender off a d reg audi coupe, 1.8 4 cyl inj has a thing comming off the side fir the semp sener to go in to, if i can find a pic I'll post it up.

17. PaulM Forum Member

found this site for gauges and stuff. They've got some oil pressure senders aswell, about 16 + shipping.

Would they be any good? I was thinking about getting part no. 360-006

EGauges

18. GVK

Just got my dash stripped out ready to start wiring in the VDOs and it's started fecking raining (again) [:x]

19. GVK

In between rain showers,watching Days of Thunder and other Bank Holiday nonsense on TV , I've fitted my VDO's[:D]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took an ignition feed for the gauges from the park brake warning bulb holder, illumination from the heater control (works with dimmer) cut up an old 16v engine loom for some cable and terminal boots :lol: Just need a sender for the oil pressure (cheers Alby and GTIMM)

I've taken the oil temp from the sender in the head (disconnected from MFA) but as some of you have mentioned, it gives the gauge false readings [:$]

If the MFA is reading 98C the gauge is reading 120 + [xx(]

I don't really want to use one of those sump plug senders as the oil is cooled by airflow over the sump and there's minimal flow down there, is there a sender that will screw into the head with the correct values to match the gauge?

There's a blanking plug in the filter housing on the 9A as well... ;)

20. Peter Forum Member

Looking good Gary, I've got the same gauges fitted they light up a treat much nicer than the earlier ones. There great for peace of mind as you can quickly glance over the engines vital statistics :lol: I'm going to strip my main dials soon and paint the needles a matching orange. Mine regualry reads 120+ in the summer (using a sump plug sender)and the MFA rarely reads over 105. Have a search on the PVW forum I got loads of good info prior to fitting.

[​IMG]

Pete
    Edited by: Peter