mk3 16v fuel consumption

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by hum22a, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dub Nutta Forum Member

On the way to the ring was crusing along about 110-120 just on light throttle, reset the MFA and was still showing 32mpg after 10 mins or so... dony ya love empty german autobhans!

In a light Mk1 I recon a ABF with the mk3 ecu and fuel system would see 50mpg goin steady.

Managed to get it down to 16 on a lap of the ring tho

2. Sukh

Sukh Membership Team Admin

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I had a 94 passat td, which did 1000 miles to a tank, for about two months then blew up [:[]

4. Golf-Fiend Forum Member

I just came across an old note book I found in the Kitchen drawer. Inside it I had written down the fuel consumption of my MK3 when I first bought it five years ago. We went camping in Cornwall before we had the kids so a much lighter load etc.

From filling up to brim and then a fair old bit of driving (80mph down the M-Way) fairly fast along the A roads etc, then a bit around the twisties in near Lands End and St Just etc and then filling up again in St Ives, I noted the MPG as 35.4

So I have done better with a now older car by 1.3 MPG!!!! (thread above)

The most shocking thing was that fuel was 0.770 per litre!!! OMG [:^(]

5. cordy2016v Forum Member

i ave a seat cordoba with an abf. and get about 220 to 260 out of a tank sure theres a gremlin in the tank drinking it

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008