Modified Cars..... Mugs Game!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Andy947, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Andy947 Forum Addict

See all you lot who have modified cars that have had loads of cash spent ont hem - fools the lot of ya!!!!

Been there, done that, but only paid for the parts not the labour, and its still a losers game!!

You gain feck all from it - leave your cars standrad, that way if you smash em or whatever you dont lose hundreds of hours of labour and effort!!!!

[:^(]

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Most people don't wrap them round posts, though. Lucky to walk away from that one, Andy. Half a second's difference and I'd be dancing on your grave, with a big Churchill cigar and a large glass of brandy, while urinating at the same time........... ;)

3. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

fekin sick to see your mk2 like that m8.
    your right i totally agree,i am a fool[:$]
    but ive started realising it lately.

anyway i wanted to be a fool ;)
    Edited by: riley

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Seriously though, its a total waste of time - if you save the cash n actually buy a decent car you will have such a better machine than any old car that was done up!!!

Soon as you modify you compromise the car, mine was an arse, too hard, handled like crap in the wet, was loud etc etc - but take our S3 for example, you can buy anearly one for d9ouble what my car cost, its way newer, loads more power and a far better car in everyway!!

Modifying cars is dumb - and i cant see myself ever doing it again..... Total waste of enegy and money

[:^(]

5. Andy947 Forum Addict

You're funeral cant be that far away - i look forward to the day, shall drink to excess in your memory ;) :lol:

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I hope to be looking from above, seeing you taking a slash on my grave!

7. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

not so bad if you have nice new everyday car and a toy?

i must have gone wrong somewhere,im driving 500 worth of sh**ged xr3i about [:s]

8. mr purple Forum Member

I could spend all my money out on the p1ss or something, good choice that'd be, all that money and no return for it except a dirty great hangover a few times a week, most of my money goes to my mk1, do all the labour myself and not lose a great deal if I sold it, whereas putting my money in a newer car and watching it depriciate like hell and losing even more money. You pays yer money and takes yer choice, all a matter of opinion but I like my way best [:D] .

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Well said, yer man. don't spend too much and you won't lose any.

10. whitewind Forum Member

Anyone can buy a car,but to build your own shows individuality and you get a sense of satisfaction when it's finished.

11. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

but driving an S3 and the nostalgia (Sp?) of driving a car you have spend hard work money and effort on is far better than driving a brand new car out of a factory....

12. ValverPaul Forum Member

As long as you dont go too mad on the money side of things I cant see a problem;)
    Your never gonna loose as much as you would buying a new car (been there done that) and its not half as much fun!![:D]
    I dont really drink or waste money elsewhere, its my interest and hobby and at the end of the day i've got a nice looking car IMO sat on the path!!:)
    I know where your coming from with whats happened but you were just one of the daft/unlucky ones who put it in a ditch:p

13. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I've personnal found were owning a car, and spending money on it, weither its a modern vehicle or a older classic, you have to be very carful that you don't out price the car!

Example: buy a classic (anything) 600
    Spend 3,000 on sorting it out, parts ect (doing a lot of work you self+ hours of work)

Car finnished worth : 2,500 [:$]

I see were your coming from Andy, It's a good job I've got my dad on my back when enjoying my hobby, or things would have gone way out of control & I'd have NO money!!

14. AndrewF Forum Addict

its a hard fact of life, that the things you enhoy can costs you dear, financially.

i've spent about 6k (albeit with alittle help from my family) on motorsport so far...and only done 5 races!

so modifying cars isn't as bad an adiction as motorsport, make you feel any better?

15. Darkus Forum Member

Maybe, but its a lot better than driving round in a car that is identical to everyone elses. Its good to be a bit individual, and every car has room for improvement.

16. Rallye Forum Junkie

well i wanna break into the 12s, our m5 cant do that and i couldnt afford
    one of them let alone anything faster as stock

17. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Well said. I think that's the whole point of it. :)

18. trendy tramp Forum Member

he won't be alone parz ;) you'll probably see a world record for number of people pi55ing in one place at the same time :lol:

tt

19. Guests Banned

I know i would rather spend most off my money on my car each week/month, then spending 50 odd quid a week down the pub, and getting absolutely nothing for it. I put that money into my car, as it is my passion, my hobby. Yes, i could have bought a newer car, but i would lose so much money on that.

And heck, i dont care about losing some money on the golf, as i love driving her everyday, and the feeling i get from the car is worth every single penny i spend!

But i wont spend any money on modifications that are not needed, i.e a bodykit or spoiler. Only things to make the car go faster/handle better or that are actually needed!

20. Andy947 Forum Addict

How about you all come back if / when you lose your machines due to accident / theft or something, and then try and tell me that modifying cars and putting all that time and effort into it was really worth it. :)