MSDroid for Megasquirt -Android dash, tuning, and log viewer [0.3a3 update - 22.2.13]

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Trev16v, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I ran this for the session I did at Bedford, then transferred to Gurd`s MK1 for a session right at the end of the day.

Connected straight away and datalogged without issue. Gurds was so impressed, he`s looking at getting an old android phone just to run MSDroid on :thumbup:

vw_singh likes this.
  2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Sure am! It's bloody excellent!!! Got Nige-esq data overlays now!

Gurds

Nige likes this.
  3. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

This is what Nige did using Trev's software on one of my videos.

[video=youtube;YXdMGcwBMis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdMGcwBMis&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Love it!

Gurds

Nige likes this.
  4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Bump for Gurds, Ram & Eddie ;)

This dongle comes pre-configured to your requirements. Trust me, after messing about getting mine setup, I`d have happily paid another couple of quid over the 27 I paid for a stock dongle lol

Bluetooth Dongle for Megasquirt to MSDroid

Once you have the dongle, pair it to your phone, run MSDroid and connect to your ECU. Once connected, start logging (Trev is making this easier in Revision #2)

Start your video and GPS if you have one.

When you have finished, you need to convert the log to .msl, which I can talk you through, then you import the video, gps and msl into RaceRender, sync them together and create videos like I do :thumbup:

If necessary, I`ll write a `how-to`, but it`ll take a while to do.

Dex, tshirt2k and Toyotec like this.