My friend killed someone whilst drunk.

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by pictonroad, Jul 5, 2004.

1. pictonroad Forum Member

No, he's my friend.

2. Imran Forum Member

Oh ok sorry thought it sounded familier!

3. pictonroad Forum Member

Well, if you want to know what happened. The details of the case which were, (as is the law) kept confidential, came out in court. He decided to keep his side to himself so as not to influence opinion or outcome.

Anyway, as the witnesses testified the driver of the other car caused the crash. He hit my friends car and in the process caused him to crash into a building. As has been said he then drove off etc...

He was banned for three years and fined £3000. Charged with Drink Driving and leaving the scene, not causing death by dangerous driving. As a result of the negative possibilities of staying he has left his home town, he also suffers from injuries to the head he received in the crash.

4. pictonroad Forum Member

check the post date, you did read it here.

5. Imran Forum Member

6. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

So let me get this right, the guy (who's now dead) crashed into your mate etc.

Why didn't your mate get out and see if the guy was alright? I understand he was under the influence of alcohol but he still left the scene of an accident.

So your mate may have only had 2 or 3 pints then to be over the limit. I think that's probably a fair sentence for what happened. I still think he should have had a prison sentence at least though, but then you hear of paedophiles etc. getting off with fines.

Don't get me started on the British Justice System.

Can your mate still practice medicine then?

Remember you should still stick by your mates regardless of what they do in life. Unless of course it's deliberately murdering someone (even then though they may have a justified reason, eg. someone rapes your missus or something)

7. vwpolo2000 Forum Member

If the other person caused the accident then its right that your friend shouldn't go to prison.
    This could happen to anyone, so if you drink remember you are likely to get the blame.

8. b'locks Forum Addict

I still think it's extremely suspect that your friend just drove off and went to bed after someone had hit him and ended up in the side of a building. [:s]

9. pictonroad Forum Member

I think the severity of the fine reflects the judge's opinion that the decisions made after the crash were the wrong ones.

10. vwpolo2000 Forum Member

Your friend is an idiot not a killer.

11. Ali KBU Forum Member

I 've not read all of the above but:

[:x] [:x] [:x] [:x]
    I've got no sympathy for the driver - he choose to drive his car while p*****, this guy is a doctor so he's not thick so he knows the consequences of drink driving but he still did it. This guy truely is an idiot, and deserves to get the full force of the law on top of him.

The guy who was killed, he didn't choose to get hit by this idiot. Just 2 young guys lives wasted.

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

The guy who was killed is the one who crashed. Was the guy that dieds blood tested for alcohol too?

Your mate was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that doesnt justify him drink driving. The 3 year ban and the fine are about as little as he could have expected.

13. pictonroad Forum Member

If you cant be bothered to read it dont bother posting.

14. b'locks Forum Addict

I suppose it's hard to try and put yourself in the same situation and consider what you would have done.

I for one know that if I was still 'sober' enough to actually open a car door and operate the car then there's no way I could just go home after the crash and sleep, no way.

You can't say that he was so drunk that he just went home and passed out because if he were that drunk then he wouldn't have even got the car starte in the first place.

Leaving the scene of the accident is one thing, but actually going home and managing kip either suggests that he was totally smashed out of his brains (which is unlikely, considering he could drive a car) or somehow he wasn't aware of the severity and seriousness of the situation. [:s]

Btw I'm not judging your friend in any way, I'm just trying to understand myself how he could have gone home and slept.