My Mk2 GT30 508bhp 500ftlb torque spawn of the Devil

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by nut 20v, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Gazt Forum Member

If its anything like mine itl end up like this:(
    [​IMG]
    No room for servo/master cylinder

2. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

I thought that might happen so i have the option of turning the turbo round BUT the angle it joins the manifold then sticks it out further and it could hit the fire wall might have to machine the front mount down not to hard as im using a T mount.

3. nut 20v

Right work has been very slow on the golf at the moment due to this baby.

[​IMG]

im converting this T4 into a camper ive already done the TDI conversion then repainted the van with colour coding it was a mess when we bought it but hopfully in now looks a lot better next week im fitting the units and bed.

Now to the golf, ive been building the engine over the last week it is nearly complete and ready to have the gearbox mounted and fitted into the car probably somtime next week. Today it has been painted in L94E oak green kept it the same colour as its my favourite mk2 colour there are just a couple of nibs to flat and polish but otherwise perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So very happy with the car just got to get it built now for curby.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    1990 likes this.
  4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

With the doors & hatch dangling, it looks like an art installation in the Tate modern, all you need is a TV screen showing something random & it will be complete!

Excellent work looking forward to future updates.

5. benny Forum Member

Awesome job with the paint Nathan! Have you painted before (assumes yes!) With all the work on my car I want to do a full resto on something now - probably just dreaming though!! It's going to be a lovely car, it'll be great to see it when it hits the road.

T4 coming along... Looks good!

6. nut 20v

Hi mate i cant take credit for the paint job i can paint but not to that standard, The painter is hiding in the background in the one picture it cost me 100 to get it painted + paint wich was 200 so a very cheap job not worth me messing it up.

7. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Looks great :thumbup:

I cant wait to have mine painted, and im looking forward to seeing it complete :)

8. thegave Forum Member

The whole car cost 300 to paint? Must be a seriously good mate

9. nut 20v

Bit of an update engine bay now looking like a how it should fuel lines in brake in engine and box in going to use the power steering pump off the mk 4 so need to get pirtec to crimp the mk4 end on they owe me enough favors. hydraulic clutch connected cable shift connected all going well got the front panel on to make it look more like a car get it built up this week hopefully, run in and mapped soon and ready for inters :thumbup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The eagle eyed will have noticed no turbo fitted that is due to IT DONT FIT![:x][:x]:cry: so need a new manifod the ATP must be for inline engines and not transverse so got that to sort out this week.
    But overall going pretty well at the moment.

10. peterg60 CGTI Regional Co-Host - Birmingham & Midlands

nice paint job m8

nut 20v likes this.
  11. Joe16v Forum Member

Wow. This has moved on a lot!

nut 20v likes this.
  12. benny Forum Member

Bummer about the turbo mate! Looks great now, eh!? Think we're on something else on inters weekend - bit gutted!

13. nut 20v

shame ill catch up with you soon and yes bummer about the turbo but just bought an ebay cheapy manifold sending it to work to get the welding sorted it will have to do for now just need it running you know the feeling.

14. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

It's coming along nicely Nathan, it's so nice to see it coming together :thumbup:

Hopefully see you at Inters. Will pop by and say hello.

:)

15. Gazt Forum Member

Cars lookin nice!,shame I didn't have the time to help you out with the paint,looks really good,the turbo seems like the same problem as me that's why I made the pedal box,the cost of the manifold was so cheap it was worth the hassle,plus some of the tubular ones seem to crack in places over time,mines cast so should last

16. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

The body shop pics are great!!!!

nut 20v likes this.
  17. tom.rich Forum Member

This build is awesome, loving the paint and fresh underseal everywhere and it's going to be insane with a GT30 on there :o

Just for the record, I'm glad you ignored the Mrs :thumbup:

nut 20v likes this.
  18. nut 20v

A little up date still waitng for the manifold so wont be taking it to inters now unless it comes monday got a lot more done all the interior is in apart from fuse box cover fitted the two rear boxes of the exhaust had to modify the rear bracket wich i had to make smaller as its a mk3 vr6 exhaust my down pipe is being made by aks and should be here in the week. ive fitted carpets in the boot and got rid of that nasty foam, just got some home work ive took a set of side skirts to clean and put new double sided foam on the fixing strip its coming together apart from the engine and i have a pile of parcels at the post office waiting for me:thumbup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forgot to mention i refurbed the door cards in the bath i think they come out very well screen is next to go in along with sills and arches to fit gone G60 flavor.

19. murph81 Forum Member

Getting there, new paint looks great!

20. nut 20v

Cheers im so near yet so far as they say, i cant stand waiting for parts just want to drive it now ive never driven this car i bought it as a non runner so cant wait.