My Mk2 GT30 508bhp 500ftlb torque spawn of the Devil

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by nut 20v, Dec 12, 2011.

1. MUSH Forum Member

Great build!

2. peterg60 CGTI Regional Co-Host - Birmingham & Midlands

nice job you doing there m8 solid shell gunna be stealth animal ;). i know where to come for my bodywork now :thumbup:

3. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

Cleaned the floor and panel wiped it then i stuck 4mm sound proofing all round hopfully this will stop some of the noise comming through then i fitted underlay for the carpet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i dont have any pics yet of the underlay will post some soon.

Here is a pic of my brake setup 312mm brembo's with spax rsx in the background i wanted to do more work today but i have been dragged out shopping.

[​IMG]

4. nut 20v

Due to the cold i havnt been doing much so got the 2 halfs of carpet and scrubbed them in the bath they come out really clean then fitted them to the car no pics yet thou as i want to get the heater in and the dash all be done this weekend. Also i refurbed the front seats to build a very good set of rainbow from the 6 rainbow interiors i have, they all suffer the same problems so building 2 good ones got quite inventive i stripped them down then put the covers in the washer they come out pretty clean but the material that holds the wire in disintergrates so had to sow the wires back in allm repairs done handles checked for operation then built back togther. I think they come out pretty well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Loving this Mk2, and the brake and suspension setup is spot on :thumbup:

Rainbows are looking mint :)

6. nut 20v

cheers rich i hopfully have it done soon ready for the season.

7. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Are you going to Inters ? Will hopefully see it then of your there :thumbup:

8. nut 20v

Yes I'm going to inters booked in for the weekend I'm going on the Friday.

9. rickyb New Member

loving this build you have some skills my friend keep at it.

10. nut 20v

Small up date my wheels dont fit (porsche d90's) first was the offset they fouled with the brembo calipers front face i was using 20mm fk wheel adapters the wheels would not even bolt up. i bought some 30mm adapters fitted these and the wheels bolt on but when i come to turn them they were rubbing on the inner wheel and they took off the balance weights, ive sent the caliper brackets away to have 2mm machined off the bolting face to bring the caliper closer to the disc hope it does not rub the disc now pics to follow when ive got the wheels to fit. The plus side the front wheels now stick out just nice and will give it a good stance, think now i will have to do the same to the rears so it dont look odd.

11. thegave Forum Member

I want to know more about that S2 coupe hiding in your garage.

12. nut 20v

wish it was an s2 it was my last project audi coupe 2.6 v6 restored as good as new and a few tweaks.

13. ReDBull Forum Member

Very interesting thread. It's going to be a mental car. Sorry if I've missed it but which engine are you going to be using?

14. nut 20v

I did have the engine in the title but edited it out its a 20v engine made out of a few bits an agu block bored to 1.9, forged rods uprated main bearings and shells, tsr baffled sump plate,adr N/A head out of an audi cab fitted with agu cams,agu inlet manifold with vr6 tb,genisiss 550 injectors,owen delelopments gt30 turbo,atp inlet manifold thats the most of it cheers.

15. nut 20v

Gapped my rings today and fitted my pistons and rods i went for 82.5 in the end think this will give me around a 1.9 engine, used sambos build picturiol guide and didnt have any real problems so in all ive fitted the crank with new bearings new oil seals,oil pump,water pump,cambelt kit ect need to check the valve clearence tomorrow as the the place i had the head rebuilt skimmed it and also the block when they bored it out vw recomend about 1.5mm so will see tomorrow. i did mock up the head on the block today and fit the turbo didnt like how far it stuck out from the back so i might turn it around and have the inlet on the drivers side and exhaust on the passenger a few pics before my iphone died.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ill post more pics tomorrow with more progress.

16. benny Forum Member

Good fun building engines aint it! Gunna be a monster!

17. nut 20v

yea it is good fun and the time flys 5 hours in the unit with no heating flew by i wanted to stop but dont think the missus would be happy on a friday night lol

18. nut 20v

Built a bit more yesterday takes a long time to get it right there is a pic of the turbo dont know if ill have the clearence fitting it that way around any way im hoping to finnish it today and get the gearbox fitted.
    [​IMG]

looks good with the pistons in and you feel like your getting somwhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im leaving the engine dirty for the moment until it is fitted then it will be cleaned and later painted down the line

[​IMG]

Im now off to do more work on it dont fancy it as its now snowing :(

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  19. Joe16v Forum Member

It's not going to leave much space behind engine!

20. nut 20v

I know im worried that the turbo inlet with a silicon elbow on is going to foul with the master cylinder i can turn the compressor housing round to give me a bit more rear clearence and the compressor exit facing forwards so less elbows going to the intercooler.