need a new trackday car / toy for weekends

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by M7R, Oct 12, 2009.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Korea!!! WTF you doing there?

Yea no probs, just drop me pm and we l sort smthng out

2. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

im here for 3 weeks training, some say im lucky others not so :lol: up to now its not been too bad.. but only been here one day :lol:

3. jamesa Forum Junkie

Enjoy the Kimchi ....... ;)

4. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

Would this be of any good for you? Click

5. leontdi Forum Member

seen loads of cheap corrados on piston heads, easy to get a cheap one with a knacked engine and put whatever you want in it , 500 buys one with short tax and ticket bit scruuffy, but gotta b worth the punt .

6. paultownsend Forum Member

7. prof Forum Addict

Just sold my fiat coupe for not much cash.

you get a lot of performance, brakes,handling for very little money

8. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

that raddos pretty much on the money, something like that would be perfect, although I have been looking very long and hard at the mk2 20vt thats for sale in the classifieds at the mo....if its still for sale when im back I will prob go take a gander a 20vt with a lsd could be pretty nifty on track....just ofload the 1/2 leather interor and put it on a diet with a full bolt in cage job done..

and im not touching anything frech / italian. i know you get alot of bang for your buck, a engineer at Jag i see alot has just got a clio 182 for 4k with sod all miles on it but it still going to go wrong sooner rather than later.

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Most the Turbo and Supercharged cars tend to unimpress on the track. N/A all the way.

10. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I dont know, if set up right it should be ok, my mates mk3 astra with a 2.0l T in the front was not too shabby round donny, I had him in the corners and on the brakes just as he hasnt gone as hard core as me but on the hills and straight I could do sod all, he had instant power.

11. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

PM AndyRhino. He has a track Corrado with a AUM 1.8T. He is just about to install a BAM lump for more go. Very solid vehicle but a bit bulky. He also give you the low down on ownership.
    Honestly though I would keep the MK1. I calibrated a MK1 5door with the same engine as Andy's and you would be suprised how weight makes a big difference. MK1 at 12psi on AUM/"KO3s" was an Audi S5 killer. Was buzzy as STD but a hell-of-alot fun when the throttle was welded to the floor!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  12. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Cheers dude,

I too thought i would keep the mk1 after the charged engine went in, but tbh I have been hankering for a chnage for a while... the new engine just delayed the change abit sadly.

Ill drop him a PM :thumbup: and get the low down.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  13. matt d Forum Member

Plus a DC2 wont really give any trouble, it will go flat out on track all day.
    You don't want to be buying something that's going to cost a fortune to keep running.