OEM MK4 management wiring => Mk1/2/3 harness install FAQ (Now with added dieselness!)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. k-dogg New Member

Haha, cool, cheers! should i run i wire to the alternator or be looking for it to splice to?

2. k-dogg New Member

i checked the corresponding plug and there is no pin for pin8 or pin 13 for the fan relay

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if you look on your alternator loom it will have a 2 or 4 pin plug on the end, 1 of these is the blue trigger wire for the battery, 1 is the DFM pin you're looking for and tyhe other 2 if present can be ignored as they'll be for aircon. if you dont have the alternator loom then bag yourself one from the scrappy and chop a good length of loom from the car side plug as well this will make it easier for you to tap it into your car :)

4. k-dogg New Member

anyone any ideas where I can source a plug for the mk3 coolant temp sender 357919501A? or have a part number for one?

5. rubjonny

I take them off scrap looms but the VW part number is 357919754, 5.70+VAT :)

erreesse likes this.
  6. k-dogg New Member

ok so I found that and wired the dfm pin, where does the other go? (only a 2 pin plug)

also i'm not getting anything to my fuel pump.... I get 12v at G2/G5 where my ecu ign + is connected but nothing to my fuel pump if its connected to E14 or but it does work if perm+ or G2/5. the car cranks but no start. Ecu relay clicks on key turn. Ecu earth is connected, coil earth is connected, what should I be checking next? sorry for all the questions! haven't even got to the oil sensors of clocks yet!!

erreesse likes this.
  7. rubjonny

the charge wire goes to the blue spade on the lighting loom near the battery + cable

for the fuel pump you need a 67, 80 or 167 fuel relay in slot 2 and the ecu relay trigger wire spliced to D/13. dont forget to add a fuse to slot 5! to test the pump relay socket and wiring pop a 17 or 18 relay in slot 2, this will bring the pump feed on with ignition all the time, fine for testing but not safe in the long run.

erreesse likes this.
  8. k-dogg New Member

I'll double check all that later on, It has a part no 321 906 059F relay, no number on it, and when i wire it so the fuel pump is on with ign (not through the relay) it still doesn't start, which makes me think the problem is with the ecu, coils or would the lack of clocks make a difference? does the ecu still look for the immob in the clocks?

erreesse likes this.
  9. rubjonny

thats a kjet fuel relay so that'll probably be why, get shot of it and find the right one :)

if it was the immobiliser the engine would fire for a few seconds then cut out

10. k-dogg New Member

Woo she starts! Cheers for the advice, relay was the answer. Where does the charge wire go to after that plug? the plug is no longer in my loom for some reason!

11. rubjonny

it goes to C/2 on the lightign loom yellow plug. but if its easier for you you could run it in with the engien loom to D/4, or you an put it to the G spades #4 as well all those pins are linked to the battery warning light on dash :)

erreesse likes this.
  12. k-dogg New Member

Cheers dude, what does that wire do anyways? Anyone know any decent autosparks over in Belfast? Got a lot of gremlins in my lights etc and don't wanna clog this thread/forum any more of my ****e!

13. rubjonny

the blue wire both runs the battery warnign light in the dash, and triggers your alternator to charge the battery properly :)

erreesse and k-dogg like this.
  14. ssdj New Member

Hello , First of all, congratulations for this topic, has been a great help in my project. Now the problems, can someone tell me the link to order accelerator pedal Bosch 0205001017 for a ECU edc15p? Thanks people.

erreesse likes this.
  15. rubjonny

whats the engine code or vw part number of your ecu?

16. ssdj New Member

Hello, its a ecu from a Golf MK4 TDI PD 100HP , Ecu number 038 906 019 DF ( 0 281 010 497 )
    Thanks

17. rubjonny

right the LHD pedal for that ECU is 6Q1721503D, RHD is 1J2721503H. this is the later complete pedal module type :)

pretty sure the remote mounted actuator 1J1721727D would still work fine with it too tho?

erreesse likes this.
  18. ssdj New Member

Yes , it works fine. I saw already work in another car, but just wanted to know if the binding order is the same as the original.

19. cabbyr32 New Member

hello

i have a question for rubjonny :
    the harness conversion its good for a mk4 r32 to a mk3 body ???

thanks

20. BBB

bbb New Member

Hi quick question
    Does anyone have a picture of the plug on the Ecu for pins 114-121
    My 4 wires are loose and need to see which holes to put them back into!
    I have white, black with purple trace, purple with black trace and green with white trace
    Thanks!

erreesse likes this.