Project 504 **Updated 28/01/08** Disaster **

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by X5PEA, Apr 12, 2006.

1. H8SV8S Forum Member

2. X5PEA Forum Member

Well maybe i have other wheels, infact maybe i got a very special set delivered today that are sitting in my garage right now. ;)

3. Admin Guest

by all means keep them a secret, but just get rid of the 17s and never ever put them back on the mk1;) :lol:

4. X5PEA Forum Member

you know nothing

5. Admin Guest

is that a fast show line???

or are you being rude?[:s]

6. X5PEA Forum Member

7. X5PEA Forum Member

OK so today didn’t quite go as expected. After getting let down with the borrowing of an engine hoist I had a long trip at early o’clock to a friend of a friend who offered to lend me his.

The day just went from bad to worse, I dropped the ball completely and didn’t have all the engine mounts so the engine is in the bay but not mounted.

[​IMG]

We did get the clutch in and gear box on, Kr cams in, timing belt on and set up, a small consolation I suppose.

On a positive note I collected my wheels from the local TNT depot...........

[​IMG]

Oops did I leave the covers on..........

Thank you to the Big Man, Lee and Mikey for lending a hand 2day

8. H8SV8S Forum Member

Paint that engine block - that bay is far too nice to not have a completely detailed mill on board [:D]

9. X5PEA Forum Member

Its painted mat black, pics dont really do it justice

10. judderi Forum Member

Must admit i was expecting somthing a bit more shiney and special to be going into the bay.

11. gillm

gillm ***** User

for what it's worth i think you have done a cracking job .

12. H8SV8S Forum Member

You can always bling it up more later, as the bodywork is second to none - looks fantastic - but for now, I'd do the block in gloss back, just to key in with how shiny and perfect everything else is?

Are you running on twin 45s? I think that bay would look mint with some chromed Webers and braided lines throughout[:D]

Keep the pics coming!

13. X5PEA Forum Member

I smoothed off the dash 2day, used the fllowing

Expanding Foam
    Fiber Glass
    Sand Paper and block
    Knife

First off i filled up the holes with the expanding foam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then cut it back to make the dash fit back into the car and also make it a bit neater...........

[​IMG]

Sanded down the foam till it was below the line of the dash

[​IMG]

Then filled with fibergalss........ Job done, needs a quick flatten down then its off the trimmers [:D]

[​IMG]

Cuz Jamie is a nail nocking genius so he gave me a hand (or should i say.. DID IT [:D]) with the rear pannels, they will be off to trimmers shortly also

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know this might not look like progress.............. but it is......honest...I wasnt happy with finish on the block or the gear box, so they are back out to be redone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..............TO BE CONTINUED​

14. wobeye New Member

your a legend this is going to be one sweet car when its finished cant wait to see it

15. X5PEA Forum Member

Cars off to paint shop AGAIN today, few bits in no happy with inside and its time to get the exterior done.

[​IMG]

Its new home, for the next few weeks anyway...........cant wait to get ot back all shiney

[​IMG]

Block re painted in GLOSS black..... which im a bit happier with

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  16. KEV

Kev Forum Member

Sweet as mate, what colour is it?

looks like bright blue metalic

17. X5PEA Forum Member

aye its a bmw colour Estoril Blue

18. X5PEA Forum Member

Today was more about running around like a muppet than getting any work done on the mk1, but i did spend loads of money and get some parts collected.

Dropped another fortune in VW on parts (Nuts Bolds, few mounts and a bonnet :rolleyes: ) 464 amazing how it all mounts up, Plus the following

Storm manifold
    Brake kit (4pots and 285mm disks and pads, hoses etc )
    Tyres for my wheels B)

Visited the trimmers and collected my seats at long last and dropped the pannels and dash off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the rubbers pressed into the engine mounts (Another thing that needs redone) ready for sticking the engine in 2morrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bay and the inside has been redone and is getting baked over night so should be good to go in the morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. X5PEA Forum Member

The 2nd paint job which is redoing the bay and inside was done and baked over nite so when we went in thsi morning it was all nice and shine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im much happier with the bulk head now after loosing the extra steering colum holes etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine went in today without a problem, fitted a few other bits and bobs aswell im still not happy with a few bits which will be a pain in the **** to re do but its gonny have to get done after Ultimate Dubs now :rolleyes:.

[​IMG]

The Big man at work try to fit the bonnet hinges [:D]

[​IMG]

Another week or two and it will be completly pained for the last time......I promise. Not long after the 2nd load of parts should be back all chromed and ready to be fitted, then its wire up the hengine and fit the interior [:D]

9th of march you saaaaaaaay :wacko:

PS its my birthday today .........Happy Birthday to meeeee......

20. Admin Guest

mental!

some of those pics look great for the quality of work! filling the dash though? summer car? thought you might need the heater for up in scotland?