Restoration - Almost Complete

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by GrannyRacer, Sep 25, 2008.

1. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Well Nutter me old fruit........... had a call today to say car is virtually complete so photos should be coming soon. OK - you declined humble pie but it is tasty, apple with cinnamon and tons of double cream.

Joking aside, I feel really weird about this, it's scary, all that they have done for me and I reckon there will be tears wept before you see the photos. The feeling of having a better than new MK II - I shall be keeping the car of my dreams - no way could I get excited about a brand new car (ten a penny) and who wants one anyway?

2. ev nutter Forum Member

I agree old cars have a history to them that you think i remeber them i really like/want them/one from the early pics it does look g8 but may i ask why the shoe surely you already have the luck to have got a bare metal respray they only imo look right on bronchos yank tank pick ups in other words

3. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Nutter, stop polluting this thread!

Grannyracer: you rock. [:D]

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

Can you change your font to wing dings we may have more chance of understanding you???

5. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks Pete - for GOD'S sake nutter what are you on?????

I reckon you are jealous cos you aint got a better than new one on the agenda and could not afford one either. Was offered 16,000 for it last week but IT IS NOT FOR SALE AND WILL NOT BE AS LONG AS I CAN DRIVE.

Mock as you might and I may be pushing the years a bit but I could still scare you with my driving and that is why I can do this. Not being offensive but reckoned you have earned this. I hope to see you eat your words rather than nit pick once you see the finished car.

6. ev nutter Forum Member

granny racer you make me laugh but if being nice offends you then im afraid that you will get what i think then

7. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Oooh er - hahaha Nuts, you make ME laugh. Actually I didn't realise you were being nice to me, don't be offended but you seem to have a strange way with words. Aint you glad I aint your mother?????? Or perhaps you would like me to be cos you might get a ride in Golfie. Yes, I await your opinion but whatever it is, even if it is rude or negative I shan't care cos I am doing what I want. Anyway, whereabouts do you live, ie what county? I live in Huntingdonshire (aka Cambs). If you are good I will treat you to a McDonalds (I dont' think hahaha).

I hope I make everyone laugh, not enough laughter in the world cos it seems to be full of doom, gloom and crap.

8. ev nutter Forum Member

thought all you were offerig was a peice of granny pie? lol[:D]

9. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

I still reckon that's you spraying a car outside. Joking aside, I pick Golfie up tomorrow lunchtime so will have some pics soon plus the disc they are giving me with loads more on than I took. It will go in the dealer's showroom between Christmas and New Year when the new MK V comes out.

10. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Great! Can't wait to see the pictures [:D]

11. brushdaft

brushdaft Forum Member

Hope you enjoy the golf when it's back on the road.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  12. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks Jamie and Brushdaft, collected it lunchtime!!!!!!! Took a couple of pics but better ones to follow from dealer as they have been taking even more, they will get the disc to me. I actually stood and cried, there was a huge flower arrangement on the parcel shelf from them - what wonderful people. Can't tell you how good it was to have a blast in it again. All been valeted too.

13. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Awww! That's really really nice of them, just shows how much they've obviously taken a shine to doing the car (and you by the sound of it!)

14. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for your kind words Jamie. I am off soon to get some decent photos so hope to have them on a new thread soon if Saint Ian will oblige me once more. I have tried photobucket again to no avail.

15. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

So what are you doing on photobucket that's going wrong? I may knock up a quick user guide for the forum on how to use Photobucket, including signing up to it, etc. with pictures :)

16. bula_82 Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol:

ive not read this thread before but i remember reading one before with the price and stuff in it.

personally i think your mad as a fish forking that out BUT... the car is your pride and joy and it obviously means everything to you and therefore im glad to see everything has gone to plan.

you've been very patient waiting for it and i cant wait to see the pictures :thumbup: :thumbup:

17. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Jamie, it would be very helpful if you could do the photobucket thing. I can get the pics onto there but fail getting the damned things on here and I would love to be able to do it.

Bula, each to their own, no I am not mad, I have a perfect car now. I was stopped by a couple of lads from our local Motorworld and they were speechless although one said he'd never seen such an awesome fantastic paint job. He also said he would give me (bigmoney) for it, he's seen it around for a long time and I am only the third owner. Off soon to take some photos in the hope someone can oblige unless Jamie can give me a clever lesson. Will start a new thread. Wonder what our ole mate Nutter will have to say???

18. bula_82 Forum Junkie

i look forward to it.

very much each to their own, and i admire your dedication to the car, it is certainly a good feeling when people say how much they like something that means so much to you [:D]

as for photobucket, once the pictures are uploaded onto there, there are 4 links under each picture.

copy the IMG one (bottom one), and post it on here :thumbup:

edited

looks like

[​IMG]

but without the - 's in it

19. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Bula, thanks, now I cannot get into bloody photobucket and I was sooo ready to tackle it.

I have mailed kind Ian with some photos and asked if he would be kind enough and asked him if he would mind putting them on a new thread - Restoration Complete.

I spose there will be a few who knock it but there you go.

20. bula_82 Forum Junkie

ah no doubt there will be, but you have the right attitude about it, so you wont care :) ;)