Skoda Vrs? your opinions

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Tony20VTurbo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. leeh New Member

I run (or did so until the engine went bang) a '02 plate Octy vRS. In standard guise it is a quick and comfy car. Have a fiddle with the basics and it becomes very competent. My car is up and running again with a 2.0L block and IHI turbo so when mapped at Jabba shortly it should be making somewhere around the 350 (180 as standard with a KO3S blower).

Coil overs, a Neuspeed rear ARB, better pads and brake fluid do wonders to the chassis, then add a LSD (all bits available for the MkIV platform) and its pretty much awesome whether your into trundling around town, on a motor way cruise or track day fun. Plus you can get loads of gear in the boot. So as a main car it gives practicality and big smiles once modded; it's a no-brainer.

Oh and being a Skoda appears (for some strange reason) to annoy BMW, Merc and Audi company car rep drivers something chronic on the outside lane of the motor way!
    Lee

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

I like the ol' Ocravia vrs, only ever since I had an undercover copper overtake me at what seemed like a ludacris speed! A very nice sleeper, do it :thumbup:

3. murrell New Member

octavias a good car now, just a bora in disguise!

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Skoda's are pish, seats not much better, VW or Audi's are best :)

5. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

I tested the old shape Octavia vRS and the 180bhp Bora Sport and the Octy was MUCH MUCH better.

Handled much better (Bora was appalling), sounded better, pulled better, was more refined and had better brakes.

I was shocked at how bad the Bora was (expected it to be a superior Golf alternative).

6. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

I had always hoped that Skoda would be an Audi clone.
    In the past, Chech engineering was always pretty good, better than Spanish.
    I could quite fancy a Skoda with a north/south engine and real quattro transmission.
    In Ireland, we can only get the vrs with FWD, can you get them with 4-motion?
    The 4-motion Skodas are low powered heaps over here, a bit like the Golf syncros.
    ps. TTs and A3s, which are called quattros, are really 4-motions.

7. 13"rims Forum Member

i think everyone knows the quattro thing... which is why everyone thinks its a bit cheeky to call them quattro's! syncro's really lol

8. Ian110 New Member

There is a black Octavia vRS TDi PD in Slaters Skoda showroom at the moment on special offer, it looks so sleak with the subltle spoilers and the red brake callipers, not brash like a Focus ST or an Astra VXR (I do apologise for the F word and the A word then), and you can chip it to get a stupid amount of power out of it. Just think about giving everybody a good thrashing away from the lights ;) Massive boot as well for a HUGE ICE install!

9. gorilly Forum Member

its a real car, go and buy one.

focus ST is a car for ****ers with burbery hats

10. Collie Forum Junkie

My mates dad had one good car in my opinion.never let him down.

11. Vento_Gareth Forum Member

I bought the wife an 2005 Octavia VRs and it's been a great car, they are far cheaper than the VW's and the interior on the latest VRs is far better than the Mk5 GTI or R32. I would but my hand up and take the new VRs over a golf GTi any day of the week, the money saving would by suspension, wheels and a remap easy. The plastics used by VW in the Mk5 GTI are a joke, just compare the interior to that of the VRs and you will see a big different. Those people who don't want Skoda because of the badge haven't got a clue, those who own one know the score.

12. Seraph Banned

Concerning Octavias,...

The way i see it (partly) is,...if its good enough for the rigours of police duty, its good enough for me....

13. lespaul New Member

I had a vRS estate in Black, brill car, I'd recommend one to anybody.

Get James at JBS to remap it and your face will look like this [:D]

[​IMG]

Darren

14. jamiebooth New Member

The best thing about the VRS is shallow muppets that think "i am not being passed by a skoda" they soon get educated. I have a 2006 2.0t FSI one and its very good indeed, sensible to run, great handling and i can get all the junk in that i need to for my 2 year old son. I test drove a Golf GTI, which i liked a lot. the skoda drove the same, had more room, and was 100 quid a month cheaper on the business lease i have. For me it was a no brainer.

15. Tony20VTurbo Forum Member

well i have settled for the Leon Cupra 2001 plate....could not find any decent Skodas about or for sale anyway. Old style Leon, but with the right mods and euro look will look great

dunno maybe i was not lookin in the right places but they were harder to find

16. a8 tech New Member

Having worked for vw/audi for 18 years and owned 80,a4,a3,gti 2 and 4,i now have octavia vrs estate on 03 and its the *******s.Had no faults yet and its a good drive that eats 225 tt and s3 without much effort which i find funny.

17. Seraph Banned

erm, not this one!: S3:522Bhp, 525ft.lbs

18. Jonny777 Forum Member

Apparently thats an S4? According to the readout at the end...

19. Seraph Banned

duno, looks like a s3 atleast!:lol:

point being, theres little to choose between the performance of those 20vt cars imo

any claim of one being much quicker than the other can only be substantiated on the race track.

20. Vento_Gareth Forum Member

I've been driving the wifes 2005 VRs as a daily driver and I love the car, I've even convinced her to get a Revo map this year which should see 220bhp. Interior is fine, not as good as the Recaro's in the GTI Golf but still O'K. I like the huge boot when I need to collect parts and take stuff to the dump. It's a great all round car and those who are still hung up on the Skoda badge in 2007 are muppets in my view! What was it, 3 Skoda's in the top 10 of the JD Power servey, can't say that about VW or Audi because the dealers are up their own back side and treat you like a number. I had a squeeky rear brake on the wifes car and the dealer couldn't be more helpfull, came and picked up the car fixed the problem then dropped it back to me. They even cleaned the car inside and out. Last time I went to a VW dealer with mine they had the car 3 times, couldn't fix the problem and still had the balls to bill me at their full rate. Skoda Octavia's are great and so are the dealers.