Some pics....

Discussion in 'Engines' started by barny, Oct 21, 2005.

1. barny Forum Member

Dont expect much ! i'll post a pic of the interior later ....

2. barny Forum Member

[​IMG]

not a lot o room !

3. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I must come a close second then, had my itb's sat in a box in the garage for about 20 months now. I think half the problem is that the car runs as it is now, so I can keep putting off actually finishing it off. Maybe I should just take it all apart now instead of dicking about trying to get everything together and ready to do first [:$]

I've even started planning the next project in my head, like thats ever going to happen :lol:
    Edited by: martyn_16v

4. barny Forum Member

So shall we make this a self help/each other motivational thread ? :lol: :lol:

My biggest excuse is i'm a lazy fecker !

5. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

OK, i'll race ya. Last one finished buys the drinks :lol:

6. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

dude, i thought a track car should have unused stuff removed to make it lighter not added!?!? [:s] [:s] [:s];) ...i'll get me coat

7. prof Forum Addict

4 years on mine, at least yours has an engine :lol:

8. barny Forum Member

Ahh this is the new patented go faster track day tool, when a faster car catches up with me, throw out the junk so the car behing has to slow down and dodge outta the way :lol:

9. barny Forum Member

Well you have rebuilt your house, and how many engines have you ponderd over ?!!

10. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Keep that box of mirrors, we can sell them at lunchtime @ Donny to the blind c**ts in BMWs :lol:

11. NormanCoal Forum Member

LMAO at you G :p

12. prof Forum Addict

Indeed mate, been on the scaffolding all last weekend, soffits and barge boards this weekend, velux and new roof on monday....phew!

13. barny Forum Member

They're range rover ones - think there big enough ?

Prolly not [:x]

14. barny Forum Member

Soffits ? the outside underneath the eves bit ??

I keep looking at mine, ponder .... then walk inside ignoring 'em :lol:

15. Dub Nutta Forum Member

looking good, What boddies are they you are running? I take it you are going to use dta,mbe... managment on it when it's ready.

I've just picked up some 98 GSXR 750 Srad boddies for my 16v, they are going to need the spacing altering and an inlet made up with some trumpets.

Are you planning on running the bike injectors or modifying them to take some std fitment ones?

16. barny Forum Member

Dta management, blocked off the original fireblade injectors and using 20vt ones instead with an adr fuel rail.

The injectors where easy to fit into the butcherd 16v inlet using g60 (and other vw engine) injector seals.

Trumpets seam to be the biggest problem, only briefly looked into it but their an oddish size and the mountings for them are odd too.

I really must get on with it, almost all of the parts are there to make it run at least ! [:$]

17. Dub Nutta Forum Member

I thourght that looked like a 20VT fuel rail.

Hopefully i will be able to do the same kind of thing but mount the injectors in the origional boses in the boddies. Manifold will be alot neater if I use a CNC flange.

The trumpets are a bit of a problem, ive got a few ideas but all involve several hours of overengineering on a lathe.

With yours could you not use the plastic trumpets that came in the OE airbox and make up an airbox similar to what Mad 20v and Chris Eyre used to run.

I'm starting to think I might P1%s off the soundman at donny, single box supersprint race system and some open filter boddies at 8k is gona be LOUD!!

18. barny Forum Member

I'm currently ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) working on an airbox design, it thankfully can with a pipercross air filter so i had something to work too, think i'm gonna hit the bonnet so a hump may need to be engineered into it.

Put it this way, sound restraints are getting worse, look what happened at combe recently and that was cos of the f**king local t*ssers !

It turns out near where we used to live the locals are complaining that the m40 is too loud ?!!?? WTF !!

19. altern8 Forum Junkie

any new pics barny :)

20. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I'm catching up ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just got to get a FPR to fit the rail (my current one from a mk2 digi is too big to fit), connect up the fuel lines, secure the fuel rail to the engine properly, fab up a new throttle cable linkage (this is the tricky-ish bit), block the bike injector holes (will tap a thread into them and put in a short bolt), sort out the vac system, get some filter socks (trumpets only just fit under the bonnet when closed, so no chance of an airbox) and robert's your mothers brother.

So, more pics from me this time next year :lol:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006