Some pics....

Discussion in 'Engines' started by barny, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Now youve gone and made the car undriveable for another 6 months Martyn!! [:^(] LOL.

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Not you too, the g/f is already whining at me about it :lol:

Her: I want to sell my car and buy a new one, so i'll have to borrow yours for a while in between
    Me: Fine, but don't expect it to go very far, i've taken it to bits again :)
    Her: [:x]

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

:lol:

Not going to make Curborough then?

4. TrackCab16v Forum Member

lookin good .. barn

5. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Hopefully. Might be in a Vauxhall Combo van, but still :lol:

6. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Looking good martyn!
    What trumpets are those? I'm finding it dificult to source trumpets to fit my throttle bodies

7. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

They're the original GSXR1000 trumpets. Actually they are two sets of trumpets, the bikes come with two different lengths, short ones on cyls 1 and 4 and the ones in the pic on 2 and 3, I bought two sets so I can mix and match :)

8. barny Forum Member

Ahh nice ! Looks quality

9. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

PMSL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

It's one step closer to running again now. Went to the scrappy today to get a FPR to fit the 20v fuel rail, got one from a mondeo zetec (3 quid, bargain :) ). It's marked up as 270kPa (2.7bar) though, but i've got enough spare capacity in my injectors to cover the lower fuel pressure.

Just really got the throttle cable and the vacuum pipes to sort out now. Had some inspiration about the throttle while nosing around the scrappy, but does anyone know where to get a reducer to go from the big vac pipe on the brake servo down to 'normal' diddy vacuum pipe? What do the rest of you carbed/tb'd peeps do [:?:] :)

11. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Nearly there, just missing a spring from one of the throttle linkages, so need to find another. The original valver throttle cable is too short, so i've got one from a carbed mk2 that is just about long enough (it has a couple of tightish bends in it though so not as free as it could be, but still returns fine). Done the vacuum by blocking off the large hose that went to the back of the 16v inlet manifold with a ground down subframe bolt, and have connected the bodies up to it where the MFA used to take it's vac from (MFA is fecked anyway).

Still got some little odds and sods to do as it's all a bit of a bodge at the mo, i'm getting too impatient to get it started. Fuel rail isn't secured as well as i'd like so i'll look at beefing that up a bit, and the injector holes in the bodies need blocking properly, i've just put the bike injectors in the holes for now. Fuel lines could do with being shorted but i'll probably get new so I can sell these ones with the old fuel rail/plenum manifold etc complete. Tried to start it just now, nothing happening though just turns over. I think the batt is a bit flat and the MS is cutting out during cranking though, batt only reading 10v so brought it in for a charge.

GF is happy though as she's got her new car, she decided that she couldn't be bothered to wait to sell the old one first so now we have a fleet :lol: Anyone want to buy a pug 206? ;)