speed gun artice

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by gorilly, Jan 23, 2007.

1. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Don't worry about offending him - it's Allah you need to keep on your good side - you can slate TSC and his Old Man as much as you like as long as you repent at the pearly gates :)

He's right though - if I thought it was likely for a speed gun to cause a countermeasure or missile launch then I'd be the first to set the switches ;) Although it is possible to register on the threat warning system with a set of laser ranging binoculars. Sadly you have to be in Afghan or Iraq (where the aircraft take off with countermeasures live) to get a release from them - in UK it's unlikely they'll even have the threat warning on let alone have countermeasures on auto...

2. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

So you mean that you've got a plane full really dangerous things that do lots of damage & lots of noise & you can't even switch them on! What a waste, must be a really frustrating job.

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

we only hit the switches in countries where there's people we really don't like.

I've had plenty of Police stop me for speeding - but none have ever shot at me so I would considerate it disproportionate to be firing at them...

4. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

So you CAN switch them on over Wales then? (not welsh are you?)

5. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

I'll say this only once more, the comment I made was supposed to be on a humourous note, if certain people want to take it to heart so be it, I really don't give a **** anymore.

I still think TSC is full of complete and utter ****e, the way his threads go he would be more at home at LAX Power, etc.

He must know every cop in NI, reading some of his threads.

It's just my opinion he is a ****, who should know better.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  6. gorilly Forum Member

hahah typical copper. dont speak to him or take a different point of view to him, if you do it will be a sign of aggression and he will arrest you!

lol you want to see something funny? watch boozebritian on FTN channel on freeview. lots of street cops mixing with drunks. some bloke flashes his bum to the camera, next thing you know he has 20 cops jumping on him! i've never seen so many people out to have a laugh and then get beaten by the police for such petty things!!

If i was a traffic cop.... i would understand the different between 45mph in a 40 zone and dangerous driving. i think thats the main aggravation of the public.

for example i can get pulled for 46 im a 40mph zone yet some fool who cuts me up and cant understand lanes on a roundabout nearly causing a big accident is the one who drives away.

excessive speed is dangerous, but what i call normal every day speeding is fine. there are plenty of drivers who stick dead on the speed limit but cause more problems on the roads than the people who creep over the speed limit.

traffic cops in my area seem to just look for speeding no matter who small it is over the limit.

this is the problem. i would say most of the public slightly speed in general. not because they are 'racing' or because they are intentionally breaking the law but they still get 'done with the gun' which is just unfair to your normal law abiding person

7. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

"for example i can get pulled for 46 im a 40mph zone yet some fool who cuts me up and cant understand lanes on a roundabout nearly causing a big accident is the one who drives away".

Now getting done for that speed is sad, nothing like a bit a lea-way.

Everybody is entitled to their own point of view, it's just the pish a certain person comes away with, that gets my goat up, I certainly didn't reply to this thread to get other peoples back's up.

I totally agree with regarding that amount of careless & dangerous driving that goes unpunished, some folk shouldn't have licence, and it's geting worse.

8. gorilly Forum Member

ok thank you i agree with you there,

good call!

9. superden Forum Addict

Ding Ding

[​IMG]

Round 2 ...

:lol:

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Well if you're not a traffic cop, why have you been using laser guns for 5 years? Just a "normal street cop" who occasionally gets to have a go?

As said, I am the Second Coming of Christ, thus I am omniscient.

Psychiatry was part of your training as well?:o

I don't know anybody in the military police. Hence the question. A few people on here are in the military, and would obviously be much more qualified to answer than any of my cop mates.

Whereas I do know the local Summons and Warrant officer rather well, I didn't think it would be a good idea to ask him this, given that he served the summons. The other cops I know are neither lawyers nor S&W officers, so I thought that the great body of knowledge which is CGTi would be a handy place to ask.
    In the end, I returned it as "not known at this address", and never heard anything further.
    You seem to smell ****e quite often, have you an incontinence problem?[:^(]

Is there something wrong with that post? Due to the nature of my job, I know (and am friendly with, to different degrees) a lot of cops - probably, in fact, more than you do.
    This fella happens to be traffic branch, and knows my car well. And my driving habits. And was good enough not to bust me. He has as many points as I do..........

Nobody I know works in the ticket processing centre, nor do they live or work inside a GATSO.
    In the end, my cousin got a speeding ticket. Sent it back with a note saying that the cops could check their records because the car was destroyed 2 years back and that she did not own a Passat estate. Nothing done about it.

Once again, you are more than welcome to your opinion.[:D] [l]
    Hell, why not get another one as well? You seem to like opinions, you may as well have more than one.:p

I look forward to your reply, I'm rather enjoying this.........:)

11. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Well if you're not a traffic cop, why have you been using laser guns for 5 years? Just a "normal street cop" who occasionally gets to have a go?

I never said I wasn't a traffic cop, you missed that point, which is that about here normal cops are trained in the use of various speed detection devices.

Coming away with this pish definately shows your off your head, plus as you stated I am entitled to more than one opinion.

Psychiatry was part of your training as well?

Read the above comment.

I don't know anybody in the military police. Hence the question. A few people on here are in the military, and would obviously be much more qualified to answer than any of my cop mates.

Holy smoke batman, you don't know anybody in the military with all your connections.

Whereas I do know the local Summons and Warrant officer rather well, I didn't think it would be a good idea to ask him this, given that he served the summons. The other cops I know are neither lawyers nor S&W officers, so I thought that the great body of knowledge which is CGTi would be a handy place to ask.
    In the end, I returned it as "not known at this address", and never heard anything further.

True the knowledge in this forum is great, but come on your again talking ****e, if you think none of your wide range of police friends couldn't answer this question.

Is there something wrong with that post? Due to the nature of my job, I know (and am friendly with, to different degrees) a lot of cops - probably, in fact, more than you do.
    This fella happens to be traffic branch, and knows my car well. And my driving habits. And was good enough not to bust me. He has as many points as I do..........

So you think there is nothing wrong with doing that speed at any time, the blowing about it in a forum, I wonder what your mate would think, or his supervisors, **** I forgot you probably know them as well.

Nobody I know works in the ticket processing centre, nor do they live or work inside a GATSO.
    In the end, my cousin got a speeding ticket. Sent it back with a note saying that the cops could check their records because the car was destroyed 2 years back and that she did not own a Passat estate. Nothing done about it.

Na your having a laugh come on you must know somebody who works there, christ I think you know every other bloody person in authority, yo must have some xmas card list.

I'm now going to stop calling you TSC, and change your name to the The Teflon Christ, as **** all sticks on you mate, the amount of times you appear to get of with things, but no doubt you'll tell me you have points on your licence etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, why not get another one as well? You seem to like opinions, you may as well have more than one.:p

As you said I'm entitled to my opinion, possibly even more than one, but hey this is a free country, I live in.

I am also rather enjoying this, it's good that I'm doing my bit for society, and helping the mentally challenged. Sorry for that a bit below the belt.

12. fthaimike Forum Addict

Ain't been this interested in reading a thread in ages :lol:

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

No, you said I knew F**k all about your job, I replied that I knew you were a traffic cop. And you've just confirmed that I was right.

We'll deal with THAT issue on judgement day.

Would you like a third opinion as well? You can have as many as you like, you know......

I never stated I had a lot of connections, just that I am friendly with a lot of cops. The only people I know in the military are Dex (who SHOCK, HORROR! just said that he has also fired guns while drunk - and he is an armourer), and one fella I vaguely know who is a PT instructor. He's not going to be a lot of use, and I haven't seen him in over a year.....
    --------------------------

---------------------------

I'm sure some of them could, but as I said, they are not lawyers nor do they serve summons'. And given the number of people on here who have had a summons served upon them, It seems to be the better way to find out......
    ----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

I know the Chief Super to nod and say hello to, nothing more.
    And no, my mate wouldn't condone driving at that speed, because it's not exactly in the spirit of his job. But he let me away with it. Yay for me.
    -----------------------------------

I don't know anyone there, it's not a department I ever have dealings with through work.

Yes, I have 6 points at the minute. And it's not so much that nothing sticks, but that I know (a lot of the time) how to avoid giving it a chance to stick. The police and court systems in NI are a bit shoddy as regards following up unpaid fines, returned tickets, etc.

Hell, why not get another one as well? You seem to like opinions, you may as well have more than two.:p

Mentally challenged? Hehe........

14. mk1steve Forum Member

lol dunter why are you bothering with argueing as you are not going to get any place with it and he aint going to get angry ..............

i think its all funny as fook and fair play tsc for standing up for yourself:clap:

15. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

16. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

I never wanted to go any place with it, I was just trying give a wee bit of advice, trust me I think it's been very funny as well, and after reading his previous threads I know fine well he ain't going to get angry, why would you want to get angry in the first place, I ain't, I've enjoyed our little discussions.

As for TSC standing up for himself, good for him I would recommend anybody to stand up for themselves, like I have been doing, because at the end of the day, not everbody is going to have the exact same opinion.

I'm just pleased TSC now knows and loves another cop, this one outwith NI, and he again is spreading the love.

But I still think TSC is completely and utterly off his rocker, (in a nice way)

17. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

No, you said I knew F**k all about your job, I replied that I knew you were a traffic cop. And you've just confirmed that I was right.
    As said, I am the Second Coming of Christ, thus I am omniscient

**** I agree with something and you were right, **** I can't believe I said that

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll deal with THAT issue on judgement day.

No doubt I'll see you in hell one day

Would you like a third opinion as well? You can have as many as you like, you know......

Nah, I think my own opinion is enough

I never stated I had a lot of connections, just that I am friendly with a lot of cops. The only people I know in the military are Dex (who SHOCK, HORROR! just said that he has also fired guns while drunk - and he is an armourer), and one fella I vaguely know who is a PT instructor. He's not going to be a lot of use, and I haven't seen him in over a year....

Well that still doesn't make it a good idea, my apologises Dex, but it is wrong and bloody dangerous, christ when I have fired a gun, I'm a bad enough am when I'm sober, and trust I have fired everything from a piston, up to a Heckler sub machine gun (Sorry I haven't a clue what the right names are)

I'm sure some of them could, but as I said, they are not lawyers nor do they serve summons'. And given the number of people on here who have had a summons served upon them, It seems to be the better way to find out......

**** this is getting scary I have to agree with you on that point, but I'm quite sure a large number of your cops friends still could have answered that question.

How do you know how many cops I'm friendly with, trust me I have been in the job for a number of years so I think I know quite a few cops, but **** I forgot your the true christ so you porbably know what I'm thinking.
    It still does excuse your actions, or the fact, he could get into a lot of bother, ignoring your action, neglect of duty spings to mind, if he every got found out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the Chief Super to nod and say hello to, nothing more.
    And no, my mate wouldn't condone driving at that speed, because it's not exactly in the spirit of his job. But he let me away with it. Yay for me.

Just as I suspected you know cops in high places, good for you, are you a mole.

Have you seen the size of a GATSO, you are of your head, if you think somebody could work or live in there.

If your local cops are that lazy, **** everybody should move to NI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know anyone there, it's not a department I ever have dealings with through work.

Shock horror, well another department of your xmas list.

Yes, I have 6 points at the minute. And it's not so much that nothing sticks, but that I know (a lot of the time) how to avoid giving it a chance to stick. The police and court systems in NI are a bit shoddy as regards following up unpaid fines, returned tickets, etc.

Right Teflon, as I said everybody should move to NI, if that's the case, you are blessed one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, you are more than welcome to your opinion.[:D]
    Hell, why not get another one as well? You seem to like opinions, you may as well have more than two.

Sorry, I thought you were having quite a few opinions yourself.

Mentally challenged? Hehe........

Oh **** yeh

18. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Yes, I did, and I was.

I will be deciding that matter.

You sure? I don't charge for opinions.......:lol:

I never stated I had a lot of connections, just that I am friendly with a lot of cops. The only people I know in the military are Dex (who SHOCK, HORROR! just said that he has also fired guns while drunk - and he is an armourer), and one fella I vaguely know who is a PT instructor. He's not going to be a lot of use, and I haven't seen him in over a year....

19. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

You sure? I don't charge for opinions.......:lol:

Nah it's alright, I'll keep mine

Just lucky you aren't a NI cop then - you'd get a real gun to shoot people with.

No thanks, then folk would shoot back at me, **** that.

I'm sure some of them could, but it isn't their field of expertise. And a lot of cops (including of course the ones I know) aren't too bright.

A lot of cops I know also ain't too bright, there normally the ones with silverware on the shoulders.

Yes, neglect of duty - but in his opinion if I was a REAL danger then he would have stopped me and taken the keys, and left me to pick the car up in the morning (long walk). A bit of leeway, as you said - depends on the circumstances and the cop's definition of leeway.

Very true but you shouldn't have being doing that very naughty, as you know there's a time and a place.

As I said, I know enough to nod and say hello. And that is partly because of a previous conviction which was overturned to his embarassment. We are not friendly, nor are we in any way "biased". In fact he'd love to see me fleeced.

I'm not even going to ask what you did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------]

Yes, we have 5 GATSOs in NI. I thought you said you had a sense of humour.

Only five, and I have a sense of humour, come on I am putting up with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

With an attitude like yours if you joined the PSNI I suspect you might be injured on duty....

Nah, mate if I came to NI you could bless me then I would be made of teflon, not been injuried on duty yet.

Yes, I'm allowed to have opinions. They're actually free![:D]

With opnions and ideas like yours you should charge for them.

As I said before, to sum up, - "Hehe".

Very true.

Right as neither you or I are going to back down over this I think we should kiss and make up, and call it a draw, because at the end of the day, you know I'm right.
    HeHe.

20. mexicorich Forum Member

It's only doing just over 5,000rpm and it hasn't even warmed up fully!