The Old Timers Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Savagesam, Aug 25, 2021.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Yep, was worse thinking about it than having the deed.

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

God Almighty - I'd have burned the place down before a camera was going up there - you're a braver man than me Brother.

dodgy likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Wt actual FCUK, is wrong with us, when there's such a "career" as influencer, and also that some of the fake tan/hair/tits/lips/beliefs ridden fcuknuggets are making a boatload of money from it?

dodgy likes this.
  4. dodgy

It was manageable, worse was the medicine you have to have before a barium enema, and the effect that has on you.
    Getting old has its ups and downs.

5. costel1969

And there you have it and please correct me if I'm wrong on this T. but in the very near future, there will be a shortage of skilled trade workers because the delicate flowers feel that it is beneath them but are perfectly happy to be 'Influencers' of the "fake tan/hair/tits/lips/beliefs" that you rightly mentioned.

6. costel1969

They want me to have colonscopy because of my age but I'm still railing against it as the very thought of it alone - they say they can give you meds to put you out but you're not out and my resistance to sedatives is legendary.

In my defence, I have annual check-ups including blood, urine and FOB (look it up) tests - the tests did pick up on an underperforming thyroid function

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  7. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Jeez Dude, how old are you? Your handle would indicate 52 but.......... ;)

8. costel1969

I'm 52 Phil as per the handle - they take their colonoscopies very seriously over here and everyone on reaching their 50th gets notification from Alberta Health Services - "IT"S TIME FOR YOUR COLONSCOPY"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  9. costel1969

I did lose my sister to cancer in 2012, she died three days after her 39th birthday - it started with bowel cancer that she didn't know she had and by the time she was diagnosed it had spread to her liver and she was terminal - my own GP is pushing me for that reason as well as the AHS.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  10. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

I'm really sorry to hear that, that is terrible.

I think this thread has taken sudden sad turn.

11. costel1969

I don't believe so Phil - this is life albeit being cruel and let's be honest the longer you reside on this planet the more of that you will see. I've lost my sister (2012 cancer), my father (2001 suicide) and my brother (1982 drowned) but you keep on going and that's the way of it. This significantly contributes to my rather jaded and cynical view of the nonsense as mentioned in this thread and all the more reason to comment on it and call it out for exactly what it is - narcissistic, banal, vacuous and empty and I've damn well earned my right to call it that.

Rayhoop and dodgy like this.
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Influencers - just another way of saying 'can't get a proper job so will just cadge free stuff and promote. Oh look at me I am so rich and popular'.

Costel - I hear you, 4 years ago I lost my brother, brother-in-law and dad over 8 months. It was a tough year and puts so much in prospective.

Youtube - do we really need to see a video of someone unboxing a phone?

Gender reveal parties - what the absolute f....!!!!

Talking of gender - it use to be male or female, just 2 boxes. Now you need an A4 sheet for that question.

Black Friday (surprised no-one has complained about the name, might as well call it Sale Friday). Incidently no longer limted to one day but 4 days!

Jeez..I sound grumpy!

costel1969, dodgy and ger16v like this.
  13. ger16v Forum Member

Just to add to the above i now constantly complain about some of the absolute SH@T on TV

Programmes such as love island - human meat market!!
    The mummy daries - who cares!!
    Olivia meets her match - Jesus absolute garbage

Vinnie, costel1969 and dodgy like this.
  14. costel1969

That’s it Brothers this is the world we find ourselves in - full of false prophets (influencers) fake news and fake people who would gladly go through you for a short cut.
    I had a guy nearly run me and my German Shepherd over last night and when I called him out I was called a loser - guess I should have just let him flatten us so his ego would have survived

dodgy and ger16v like this.
  15. costel1969

+1 on that Ger - for the last number of years I’ve given up on TV and gone with streaming services, they’re can be garbage on that but at least you can select what you’re watching

ger16v likes this.
  16. dodgy

No, it's not sedating you, it's the drain cleaner that you have to drink to ' clear the path'. Worked well.
    Little uncomfortable procedure, but not that bad, better than other things could be.

And @ger16v , you seem to know all the programmes, I've not heard of half of them, but know what you mean.

costel1969 likes this.
  17. costel1969

@dodgy I would need to be put out for all of it - plus with my piles problem my backside would probably look like a baboons arse and then the old pay per view has to go up there as well - I guess I will have to capitulate at some stage but I'm still guns blazing at the moment.

dodgy likes this.
  18. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

*waves from my engineering job*

19. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

What age are you, Sam?

You're one of a dying breed, ie younger people able to actually do stuff for themselves.

20. costel1969

I work in an engineering office myself Sam looking after HSEQ but nevertheless I served my time as an electrician many moons ago and I'm proud to have done and in fairness to your good self - you can turn your hand to the spanners and that's becoming a rarer commodity.