The Old Timers Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Savagesam, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Happy 25th birthday!

dodgy likes this.
  2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

You're too kind, double though nearly

3. Savagesam

Age is but a number!

4. dodgy

True, 22 in my head still.
    Got lego audi quattro off my son, plus one of those packing air pillow things, even wrapped it up.
    Definitely got my sense of humour.

Attached Files:

5. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Happy birthday, Dodgemeister.

dodgy likes this.
  6. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Birthday best wishes to the irrepressible, the insurmountable, the irredeemable and the truly individual “Dodgy”

Happy birthday from across the pond Brother.

dodgy likes this.
  7. dodgy

Thank you for the birthday wishes, I'll raise a glass of Somerset mead to you all later.

costel1969 likes this.
  8. dodgy

20210903_110516.jpg

Vinnie and costel1969 like this.
  9. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Snowflakes!

10. cupracraig

cupracraig Paid Member Paid Member

A little rant about some things..i'm sure i'm going to get some heat about these, but point 2 and 11 will cover that.

• The lack of adaption from people specifically fustrates me - adaptation is the best asset you could ever have in live.
    • If you hold an opinion that is proven to be inaccurate and you don't then change your stance on that opinion, you are an idiot.
    • If someone says they can't do something without at least having a go. half the things i learn are fom youtube. I am essentially "Dad" to 12 people as they all rely on me having the skills or Strength to do things for them.
    • The world moves at incredible pace - get in the race or fall behind
    • Immigrants are not coming to take your jobs and if they do, what does that say about your skill level - improve yourself
    • Alternative fuels are a thing but lets make the most of what we have - When @rubjonny has a Tesla motor in his MK2, we will all be asking him for looms.
    • If a man/woman wants to change their gender, cool, whatever makes you happy - who wants to live a life where they can not truely be themselfs / are opressed / are bullied or whatever else makes them sad.
    • Something is changing about your job/workplace...embrace it
    • Someone on the forum knows more about a subject than you and is happy to share knowledge, learn from them
    • Someone on the forum knows more than you and decides to be a nob about it - ignore it and move on
    • If someone is horrible to you, move on, they are quickly forgotten.
    • Kids now will know more than any of us will ever dream of, My 8 year old knows how to code basic Python... when i was 8, i didnt know basic maths.
    • The world for kids is brutal - there is no escape from the relentless tide of technology, there is no escape from bullying..they are connected 24/7 - something that most of us lot never had to experience in our youth. no wonder mental health issues in kids are so prevalent

None of us matter. None of us will contribute enough to society for anyone further than the Grandkids to ever give a shit about. Enjoy your time on the planet, love the people around you and make great memories.

BBS RS are the greatest wheel ever to be made

Rayhoop, dragonfly, Vinnie and 2 others like this.
  11. Savagesam

BBS RS is the most over rated wheel in the car community imo.

But really… who cares? I haven’t got time for that crap. I’m just here to enjoy life, make a bit of money to help enjoy it, but if I didn’t need money to do that, I’d be over the moon.

And why is being nice so hard?

costel1969 likes this.
  12. cupracraig

exactly, who cares. people will read this once, maybe comment and move on and forget it.

I think people just have a lot of insecurities and so they find it hard to be nice.

13. Savagesam

*checks through clubgti archives realises this isn’t the case and crawls back into my hole*

14. cupracraig

Maybe i need to take heed of point 2 then. You know what i mean though, its short lived

Savagesam likes this.
  15. Savagesam

No I fully agree, it’s pathetic tbh.

16. costel1969

I have no issue with what @cupracraig is saying however in relation to #7 (gender), if you want to change your gender, that’s absolutely OK with me but what’s not OK is having such new genders rammed down other persons throats and expecting everyone else to conform and go along with it - I’m on Jordan Peterson’s side of the house on that and if you haven’t heard of him - please do check him out. Call and identify yourself as whatever you want but don’t expect everyone else in the world to follow suit.

17. cupracraig

Jordan is compelling to watch/listen to. He really does come across so well informed and rational

costel1969 likes this.
  18. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I'm in agreement with Costel, 110%. It's amazing how many people HATE JBP though. He doesn't express the narrative that the woke, Karens of today get in an excited self satisfied flap over

I want to qualify my comment that I also don't have an issue with gender preferences, one of my favourite (other friend's) kids is gay and i love that child exactly the same as before they came out.

costel1969 likes this.
  19. costel1969

He certainly is and he's an extremely intelligent individual. I honestly believe that the only reason we know him is because he just got totally fed up with this gender and new pronouns business and said to himself - "Right, well I've had as much of this as I can handle"

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  20. costel1969

They certainly do but on a one to one basis, you would be extremely hard pressed to get the better of him in a discussion - He's extremely well briefed, articulate and as @cupracraig said he's highly rational and never loses his cool unlike the "Woke" side of the house who I'm absolutely convinced, genuinely believe that if they shout and roar long enough, their opinion, regardless of how ridiculous it is, is the right and only opinion.

Call yourself and be whatever you want to be, but be gracious about it and please don't expect everyone to agree with you, just live and let live.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021