Time Bomb Waiting to Happen!!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Guests, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Anything before the FPR will have the regulated pressure (ie injector rail and injectors), but some sytems are magic and the supply line pressure can be 10 bar aparrently..

Would love some picures of your setup Mr Bladder..

2. Jetta Forum Junkie

I dont trust them on coolant lines i use the original vw spring clips

3. kirby Forum Junkie

Slapbladder has been OWNED :thumbup: :)

4. stew72 Forum Member

You're all wrong [:x]

elastic bands ;)

5. Guests Banned

in my previous statement i said that the pump and feed are running 10BAR not the fuel rail and post Regulator. As was stated in Dex's post the pressure may be 10 BAR but the fuel pipe is extremely thin so the pressure needed to hold the pipe on is not great at all. A fuel pipe will stay on if pushed on far enough the clip just adds alot more protection. If you want to throw mud then VolksSpeed who put my original 20v in only "pushed" my fuel pipes on with NO clips at all!. All the "construtive" comments above are just small children sat behind keyboards with nothing better to say, if you cannot think of something grown up to say then don't say it........ :clap:

6. Admin Guest

please stop typing,

you have dug yourself a massive hole,

as the designa dubs tea boy should you really be the one to come on here and defend their conversion work?

7. AlexB Forum Member

LMAO!!!! :lol:

8. Guests Banned

Excuse me???? and making such comments makes you one of the administrators? Christ this forum really has gone down hill. Dug myself a huge hole? i think not just making a comment following a comment from an EX forum member.

9. stew72 Forum Member

Pushed on before the reg (you're kidding right?) or after (still dodgy even with a clip, depending on what you're regulated down to)?

10. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Admin Guest

clearly you ignored or missed all the posts in this thread explaining why jubilee clips are a bad idea on fuel lines, if your happy to use them fine-i hope the DD customers are too, i'm not as are many others in this thread.

12. Guests Banned

thats better a nice sensible answer or reply.

13. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

ok...

So you come on here whinging abouting jublee clips on plastic fuel hoses right and you use pictures of dynlinx TT....

Well in them pics ican only see rubber fuel lines being jublee clipped onto metal fuel lines going to the fuel rail.

14. Guests Banned

This was from the EX forum's members comment of using a Jubilee clip was dangerous and you should use a spring clip. I only showed the TT pic as an example of jubilee clips being widely used on fuel lines.
    Edited by: Slapbladder

15. DBPVR New Member

I think the problem occurs when people who work on cars do not understand simple physics.

There are a lot a garages that contain prettythick workers who may think that a good job is one that makes it out of the door.

Mr Slapbladder, perhaps you should leave it to the professionals.

Your opinion does not mean it is correct.

I just hope these time bombs are being noticed by customers[xx(]

16. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

why do you care so much abot an EX members opinion, what harm has it done to you other than digging yourself into a hole?! Its obvious the reference pics you posted where not the same application to said EX members axe to grind. But at the end of the day I and many others couldnt give two hoots about the whole situation, if you love jubilee clips furry muff but there has been enough evidence from people in the know to suggest that jubilee clips in specific applications are not suitable, end of, spank you please see you later. [:D]

17. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

I wonder if the orange South African Mk1 featured in that that video floating about on the net had jubilee clips on the fuel lines?[:[] :lol:
    Edited by: Tuff Schmitt

18. Guests Banned

They were silly enough to use N2O.

19. damogti Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet another classic thread!! :thumbup:

20. stew72 Forum Member

I don't think theres any comparison between the pics you've posted and the mutilated plastic line on richgits car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.