timing spot on,98RON but...

Discussion in 'Engines' started by HidRo, Aug 30, 2004.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I would go with Bosch, single prong if given the choice - but it's not going to kill you Hidro, NGK 4 prong plugs will probably be OK as well!

2. HidRo Forum Member

[:$] sorry about all the questions...i have my car runing crappy,like i posted in the "2nd and 4th..." topic...i would like to have the best i could... [xx(]

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Don't apologise - that's why the forum is here.......
    It would be a bit shit if people just posted "Yes, my engine is still running fine" all the time......

4. HidRo Forum Member

That's the spirit! [:D]
    Mine is not runing fine for a while now...
    Gotta get some cash to get it all fixed up!

5. Kingsley Forum Member

ive carried out the theory and it didnt make any difference really but i can certainly applaud the theory,

however since doing so my mfa happens to read incorrectly which is a total fuQing ass

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

If there isn't much coke in the engine to start with it won't make much of a difference! You've probably disturbed the vacuum line from the back of the throttle body to the dash cluster......

7. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Hi folks,
    For the non-believers I can provide success... I ran about 3 to 4 litres of water thru my engine prior to the last oil change. I have to say that I was apprehensive but you should have seen the reek that came out the exhaust and occasional little puffs of blue smoke as (I'm guessing) the piston rings freed off. I done the head about 20K ago and since then it ate about a half a litre of oil per month. Since then the car has done 3K and it hasn't used a drop of oil and the oil is still golden in colour... The cars had plenty stick too in the last 3K! It seemed to make a great deal of difference to my engine & I will be doing this prior to every oil change on every car that I'll ever own. Top marks to our very own TSC! :p

8. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I can't take credit for that trick, or the ATF one, or many of the other things I've posted - they're all from well before my time fiddling with cars! Just people seem to prefer something that comes in an aerosol and promises huge power gains, than something free...... ;)

9. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I`m going to give it a go before I fit the copper head gasket, will take some after pics while I`m in there. will 1 litre be enough?

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It might be, depends how much gunk there is or isn't in there! It is sort of addictive though, when you see the gunk coming out you tend to think "I'll give it another litre"..........
    I'd just keep putting it through till it's splattering out minimal black bits...... don't forget to park it with the exhaust against a freshly painted white wall for full effect..... :lol: