top gear

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by mk1vdub, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ianb Forum Member

Watched the review last night......good PR for Veedub...good news for us too.......the more they sell the more there will be on the 2nd hand market in a couple of years time.......bet there be a few bargains around if the market gets flooded with them...just look at the MKIV......bargains everwhere...

I'll probably wait for a year before I cosider buying one.

Ian

2. Freerider New Member

If you want to buy a new car with similar characteristics to a mk2 16 valver i wouldnt buy a mk5 golf a would go with a CTR. Very similar style of power delivery just a bit higher up the rev range

3. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

924 is incredibly slow.
    Even the turbo (Dad had two) is pretty slothful.
    What were Porsche thinking?!
    CTR has ragged on limit handling, over light steering and too little torque but is very quick.
    A lightly modded mk5 GTI would give it a good run for it's money, especially in the wet.

4. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

I would have liked to see a drag race to be honest between all of the golf GTI's. Now that would have been good watching!

5. stew72 Forum Member

some cars will have to driven like that around that track. If you look a jimmy carrs lap, that appeared far too aggressive [:D]

Why oh why do VW insist on rooling out that silver mk1 with the bodykit and crap wheels everytime a new golf in launched? [:x]