Trends for next year?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by DarrenW, Dec 3, 2003.

1. nuttinnew Forum Member

Pmsl, I disappear for a few minutes to watch the parade and come back to find this :lol:

Don't forget, the topic was about what trends will appear next year, not whether we not we like them.

After reading those last couple of posts I can confidently predict that people will drive standard cars and just photoshop them, enabling them to chop and change as the whim takes them :p

2. DarrenW Forum Junkie

http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_GUI

is quite a good one. I see the 'official' line has changed since I did any research into it about 7-8 years ago, now it seems that Apple were quite innovative too... So you're right then ;) HCI - human-computer-interaction - and interface design (not just in IT but in the 'real world' too) is a bit of a pet subject of mine...

...anyway, thread drift...

The way I see it, nothing is original these days in trends and styles. Everything can be traced to an influence from something else... The creativity and originality comes in combining different ideas into one car to me. There's nothing wrong with taking ideas and styles from someone elses creation and putting your own 'spin' on it. It'll be interesting to dig this thread up in 12 months to see who was right!

3. nuttinnew Forum Member

I've heard that said before. Check my username ;)

I still think retro modifying will be on the up. Not trying to make a car look old, but modifying it in the way it would have been when new. Some things such as Votex accessories, Zender/BBS bodykits, period wheels etc. but more the engine side of things. True, you can get more power form a 20vt, but already there's backlash against their ubiquity (Phat, here's your podium). From that perpsective, the 'next big thing' will be R32 engine conversions, revitalising previously vr-converted cars that were discarded as old hat.

Me? I'll still have a mk1 Scirocco, mk1 Polo, mk3 Polo, mk1 Golf, cab, various wheels, spares and oddities. Hey, I might start a new trend; I might start selling stuff [:$]

4. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

well that was an interesting read, with some valid points, im off to search e bay for period 1991 parts to mod my 1991 car,now where did i leave that sony pull out stereo!!

5. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Tell you something I haven't seen on any 'old skool' dub...

Proper period accessory...

Black Vinyl roof!

There you go, that's my prediction for 2004!

6. Rainking Forum Member

Whip the one off the P6, and sling it on your's mate! ha ha ha ! :lol:

7. DarrenW Forum Junkie

the one on the V8 is brown, and that'd never do... And there's a big hole in the middle of it for the webasto sun roof... :)

8. Rainking Forum Member

EVEN BETTER....... :lol:

9. prof Forum Addict

webasto sunroof, now that is pretty old skool

why not go back to the early 70s paint the bonnet matt black and jack the back end up and point a red light at the rear axle, fox tail on the ariel and away you go

10. DarrenW Forum Junkie

hah hah whenver I see pics of Honda Civics and stuff with 'carbon fibre' bonnets in matt black, that's what I think of... Paint the lettering on the tyres white, one of those black grille things on the back window... sorted!

11. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I'm so happy to be driving an almost standrad car, so I don't get associated with people with sad ideas like this...... [xx(]

12. nuttinnew Forum Member

Lol, that's why I was saying beige with steels, it's how my Polo came from the factory :lol: