Vince mk2 20vT (Back! and with mods) wifes Exeo ST Sport and B6 Sline on 19s now

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by M7R, Jul 20, 2008.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Right due to my pics going missing on photobucket I thought id do a new clean thread for both cars with their progress from start to finish.

Hans the Estate:

Now the Hans the estate, hes a 2001 115bhp PD TDi SE so he has all the toys!

I got him from a guy I used to work with at Millbrook, he had owned him for 2 years and done 60k miles in that time. when I got Hanz he had had 2 prev owners inc Steve and had done 169k miles, with 110 of them being done by a old rep who never even used the back seats!!! He has also been serviced by VW up untill I got him and being a lease car the service history was brillaint, no expense spared!

[​IMG]

It didnt stay stock for long, before I had even paid for it I had ordered the lowering springs to drop it 35mm!! and i took the old radio out to fit my mp3 head unit.

Then after a month or so I got some mk4 golf gti wheels from a friend of a friend for pennies, so i went up from 15" wheels to 16" wheels.

[​IMG]

It then stayed pretty much like this for about 6 months, as I was pouring money into the the mk1, (but he was treated to a magic box that made him a little faster but also improved the economy, plus he gained some ate power front discs for better stopping)

Then I took the badges off the boot to clean it up a bit, and got me self some new head lights. A set of ABM projector lamps, which I belive are one of only a couple sets in the country as I cant find them for sale anywhere niether have I seen anyothers on any other cars, Ive only seen them for sale in America.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up was a set of Genuine Audi TT rims for the 225 model, closely followed by a Seat Leon Cupra R splittler and a FUNK button for the dash to replace the ASR button,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is the reason for the tow bar, Hans is the family support car,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Borris the MK1 golf track car,

I got the mk1 in Sept 07, with a new engine, ronal turbo wheels, and fk coil overs and that was it, the rest was as it left the factory.

These are the only pics I have from when I got him, these are what the last owner took (mine were lost when my laptop when tits up)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He didn't stay stock inside for long....as soon as I got him I ordered my subframes for my seats, and within 4 weeks he had race seats , a rear safety dynamics cage, smoked indicators, jetex exhaust system, and my folks brought me some show plates too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

he stayed like this for his first trackday at the end of nov, with the addition of 14" ats cups for the track and the start of the cold air feed, and he had a new larger throttle body fitted and a new fast road 280deg cam fitted for the trackday so he wasnt too slow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then he went on a bit more of a diet over winter, and had a few more engine mods too....the bumpers went first, along with the rear wiper and motor, then the bottom half of the dash went, as dd the centre console and finally the front carpet too (the rear went when the cage went in)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He did his second trackday like this, along with a new exhaust manifold (thanks to bex) and a lounder exhaust due to the middle box being junked to save wieght and being replaced by a stainless pipe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During this trackday i munched a full set of mintex pads in only 45 laps!!! so rather than upgrade the pads to race spec i chose to go the whole hog and go from 239mm discs to 280mm discs using mk3 vr6 calipers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WWHHOOOOPPPPSSS!!!!

[​IMG]
    New monster brakes!

Then I chose to fit new wheels to help with the cooling of the brakes...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The problem was that they didnt clear the calipers...even with a 5mm spacer! making them et20! so these were given up on, and some new rims were needed to get to Inters2008, I played it safe and got so 16s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these sorted the brakes, but caused the wheels to rub a little so these last 1 weekends worth of driving, going to inters and back and thats it...

then then went and were replaced by these sexy things:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oohhh yeah!!! The fronts are spaced 5mm to clear the calipers and the rears will be spaced 6.5mm to bring them out to balance the front, also the tyres are being swopped in a week or so as they are fitted with 175 wide tyres at the mo [:s] which are a smidge too skiny for the 6.5" rim so they just look stupid, ill be going up to 195/45s to cope with the power and cornering on track.

and finally a pic of the pair of them chillin at home in the sun,
    [​IMG]

3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

In just over a week the mk1 will be rolling on new wider rubber, and also the small spacers for the rears have arrived so they will be on by monday eve to help bring the rear into line with the fronts.

theres also a little special something for them, but you will have to wait untill next week to see that.....

4. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I have finally cleaned up the wheels after the new rubber was put on, and they look the dogs! they sit soo much better on the rim than the 175s that were too skinny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also my new pressure plate has arrived, cheers Chris! [:D] this should stop any clutch slippage,

[​IMG]

I still have my special mod to do, but if anyone seen Beccas post you will have had a sneak preview.

I also may have an some new bits for the estate too at the weekend,

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

[​IMG]

Too...many...jokes!...Must...resist...[><]

...Nice pink helmet! ;) :lol: :lol:

Cars are looking sweet mate!

Loving the new rims. :clap: [8D]

6. Dubmuffin Forum Member

Hahaha. That's mine too [:|][:[]

That is a horrible horrible photo tbh :lol:

7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

The wee mk1 is well sweet and just the car for fast road track use
    I do like them wheels .

8. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

I like Borris! :0)

Gurds

9. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Borris is about to have a clutch change in the next couple of week, so wish me luck as this is the first Ive done!

the mk4 has had a small update - a black rear view mirror from a mk5 golf as its a straight swap but looks neater, other than that nothings changed as its now for sale.

10. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

The Estate has now sold :( im going to miss it as its a brillant car, on the other hand im picking the new ride up on Sat...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its a 1 owner car with full Audi service history, just turned 3 years old, 91k on the clock. 140bhp 2L TDI

fuill S line pack, so sports seats (optional 1/2 leather with Alacarna inserts) lowered, bigger wheels (optional extra 18" 9 spoke RS ones) Aluminum optional extra interior trim, indipendant climate control, 6 CD changer.

the only things its missing is a multi function computer (mpg etc) as that was a very expensive optional extra that not many have at all, cruse control (never used it on my last car as it uses more fuel anyway) and heated seats - Alacarna is nice and warm anyway in winter so ill survive.

Once Ive collected it on Sat ill get some more pics up etc, [:D]

plans are:

Hidden towbar at the end of the month,

remap to 170+bhp soon, and then maybe new wheels (not sure yet as these are mint and have new tyres) a S line grill, Quattro twin exhaust pipes fitted at some point.

after that I dont know.

11. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

cool, i have TBH i was looking at a A6 estate, the other day!

12. StuMc

Not jealous in the slightest...[:[] :lol:

I was gutted you were getting rid of the Mk4, but that`s a pretty smart upgrade. :clap:

13. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

tell me about it, yesterday I had the mk4 parked in the yard at work and kept looking at it while I was cleaning other cars, and I just love the way it looks, its different to all else out there and with the head lights and the leon splitter it has real presence on the road :p

but on the other hand..the Audis does look good and it wont be stock for long :lol: ive never been able to leave a car alone, but even with it stock i think it looks the dogs danglies bits, I just cant wait to get it and have some fun, (its that or fall asleep in the seats as they are soooooooo comfortable!!!)

14. StuMc

Bit of a drop is all it needs I reckon...

The wheels really work too.

15. Admin Guest

oh loving the audi!

16. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Its home [:D]

and the first thing I dd was give it a wash and a wax [:D]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Theres a few little bits i need to sort out like some stone chips that need doing and theres a bit of lacqure peel on the rear bumper, but they will be done soon, other than that I cant fault it. it goes like stink! (and thats before ive mapped it), corners very very well!!! ive not found the limit yet! or even come close! and the seats are to die for! they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!

the only thing we need help with is a name...as me and Bexs cant come up with a good one, so if anyone has any ideas fire away, but I do know one thing, its a He.

cheers

Karl.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  17. Dubmuffin Forum Member

I miss Hans. Still haven't got quite used to Mr. Audi yet. :(

Still, very very nice car... seems a bit posh for me :lol:

Regarding the pics above.. see if you can spot mine and Alex's (Karl's bro) handywork paying close attention to the rear window... :lol:

18. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

aww he's not too posh for you :) and your little additions is still there [:s]

19. cocobay63 Forum Member

well you might have missed the Golf Estate, but given the chance id prefer to have the A4 Avant S line any day thats nice mate cant wait to see some progress on it

20. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

the first mod is going to be retro fitting the multi function stalk so i can have the mpg etc displayed :) wwhhooopppp