Vince mk2 20vT (Back! and with mods) wifes Exeo ST Sport and B6 Sline on 19s now

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by M7R, Jul 20, 2008.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

The rear bench has arrived for Vince, a very smart re-trimmed one in black alcantara with red stiching. I now just need to look at sorting out the backets etc for it (The cage will be staying in for now.. but the seat was too good to pass on!)

I have also picked my new front seats, OMP Strada 2, so they will prob be ordered over christmas as I am in no rush for them (again not really needed untill the back seats need to go in)

and there has been a new set of rims

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

purchased from RobT on here (centre caps should be on soon) 7x16 et 35 up fronts and 7.5 x 16 et27 rears... not sure on the black, but they will stay that for now (expect them to be white sooner or later though)

Also since the last update the wifes Exeo has hit 10K miles! still loving driving it when ever I can! and the rear spoiler is on now to finish off the back end, why Seat dont fit these from the factory is beyond me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Funny how it goes full circle - hopefully you can get it to put the power down these days!

3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

nnnaaahhhhh lol, 270+ bhp though the front wheels will always be fun, its not that bad though.

4. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

The mk4 went yesterday and in its place is this!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A very late b6 130tdi s line, with half leather, Bose sound system, 6 cd changer, etc etc.

It needs a damn good clean, but it did 150 miles yesterday no probs bar the stat needed to be changed as the temp never quite gets to 90.. But that's not too bad a job.

5. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Been a busy few months, had car issues... Had a baby.... Spent a few quid on the Audi too...

Not too long after buying the Audi I had put on 1000 miles! Then I noticed a lovely boost leak/dry bearing sort of noise... And that the steering juddered on full lock... It was booked in to have the alternator pulley changed, this fixed the steering juddering on full lock but not the bearing noise.. This was put down to the turbo. So over Christmas the Audi did nothing and come the start of jan off it went back to Autotechnic to have a new turbo fitted, now I just have to change the water pump as its a GSF one.. And it keeps making a noise every so often at idle... But in the mean time I have de badged the rear to clean it up, fitted pressed plates and had the rear windows tinted to help keep the sun off the little man while we are out (and it looks pretty good)

Come the weekend I will be trying on the new rims me bro has saved for me... Can't wait!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Admin Guest

love Audi estates, they just look the business.

7. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I prefer the look of the wife's exeo... Just but the b6 does look pretty good.. Tried on the 19s today just to double check the fit before the better weather and it really finishes of the car!

8.5 on the front and 9.5 on the rear with the proper 235 35 tyres,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not bad for a budget daily,

8. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Well James, you said this back in 2009... Since then I have ran the debadged single lamp setup for a year or so, then went to a debadged beta front... And now back to the original twin lamp set up, and your right it makes the car look spot on!!! And more of a sleeper..

[​IMG]

9. James_mk2 Forum Member

How strange that I've just logged back on and started fixing up another Mk2 in time to see this!

10. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Haha fate, it does look good, hoping for some good shots from curby at the start of may,

11. Ditchyboy Forum Member

love audi estates

12. James_mk2 Forum Member

Might try and head up with the camera, expensive day out at 20mpg though...

13. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Drive slower......lol

Ditchybot - estate in general can look pretty pimp, but Audi do seem to have a talent for getting it right, the 19s shoul be on in the next few days, just waiting for the rain to wash some of the salt away..

14. James_mk2 Forum Member

I wish that made a difference lol

Might see you there!

15. Ditchyboy Forum Member

m7r how do you get on with the Exeo. I can see from what you have said that you like it but would you recommend one? I am looking around at sensible things ready for babies and things and want an estate. After looking at A4s, Passats, Octavias and then Exeo's i do think the Exeos look good value and are good looking cars.
    What spec is yours and whats the performance / mpg etc like?

16. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I love it!! But if you want a new one move quick, they are being discontinued shortly, they are now only factory orders being taken, ie no optional extras.

Ours is a facelifted 2012 model which come with the better headlights and looks a bit meaner..

Ours is the top of the range sport tech 170tdi, fuel econo is OK, but on a run I'm doing well to well to get high 40s low 50s, but it is the 170 and only done 13k miles.... The guys on seatcupra.net who have 140s etc with a few more miles seems to be in the 50s a bit easier (its not a light car, on works weigh bridge it matches my old b7 Audi and my b6 by coming in at 1700kg, my mk4 estate was 1400kg, but with the 170bhp it's no slouch!)

Would I have another? Yeah for sure! It's great the looks you get as no one knows what it is, but make sure you get a se or sport, and pref a tech model, as the stock radio is supposed to be a bit weak, but the Bose in ours is top class,

I would also consider a octavia though, not quite as smart inside as the exeo, but the one I got for my mate at the weekend has a bigger boot overall, and depending on your budget you get a lot for your money... Downside is its not quite as nice looking personally, and exeos have had the common rail engines from day one (up to late 2011 they had higher tax bands, and slightly higher fuel con too, in 2011 they played with the gearing to lower the emissions and fuel con)

It all depends on your budget..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  17. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Well not updated this for ages... Not much happened with the cars really, exeo has now racked up 19k miles and I still love driving it every now and then,
    Audi is up to 109k and it still trooping on lugging me to work and back, and baby stuff around at the weekends...

The mk2 is now gone, miss it a lot but in 4 years I did 5k, and less than 1500 miles in the last 2 years due to the wife expecting our first and then him arriving a year ago..

So I had a plan for something a little more useable for the family... I now own a 2001 T4 2.5 tdi with part camper conversion.

First job was to remove the non tested rear seat, change the headlights for the original ones and remove the bonnet bra.

This how it looked when we got it,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  18. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

And this is how it looks now...

One of the 17s had a crack, so I am looking for another set, however for now it's on the 19s off the Audi,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plans are a tested rear rock and roll bed going in, move the units back a bit to give me more room in the cab, while the units are out there will also be a side opening window added, the split charge cable will go in, and the 240v hook up, (it already has a 12v system with inverter) I also need to re do the roof as I want to change the lights fitted,

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  19. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

Not updated this in a while... I'll do a proper update over the weekend but in the last year the vans sort of finished (it's a bit like my mk2 was, sort of done but always extra little things you could do).. It's got some nice rare Audi A8 alloys on it 8x17" so nice and wide, interior is sort of finished now, plus new seats etc,

The daily Audi has gone to be replaced by a mk6 golf GT with loads of factory options! Really nice as a daily drive and brill on fuel too!

jamesa and mat-mk3 like this.