** Water cooling System Upgrade - Sub zero here I come **

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Ezy D, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Ezy D

Ezy D Forum Member

Hi pRot3us, you know you want to ;)

Any hooo .... the MSI GTX780 had a warranty sticker on the back of one of the heatsink screws, so that is going back sadly, I'm not voiding a warranty just to put a waterblock on it ? Stupid really, why there ? Anyway, replacement on the way, but no rush truthfully. So the GTX560Ti will do for the moment.

System built, running air cooling (OH THE SHAME), I need a little time to plan the next water cooling setup lol some special things in the pipeline [:$] (I'll get my coat lol).

Assembly ....

[​IMG]

I just had to lap the heatsink, the need to tinker ! Only to 1200 grit, I've run out of 1500/2000/2500.

[​IMG]

A hasty build, hence some scrappy cabling management [:$]

[​IMG]

I must say I am seriously impressed with sound levels and temperatures when it is at idle, but when under load not impressed at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The star of the show is the power supply, it seems to run passively all the time :thumbup: 99% efficiency at idle [8-}]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check the speed of these out [eek]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Jesus wept!! [eek]
    No RAID0?

3. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Nice, not that I understand much of it, how would I run a diagnostic on my laptop like that for comparison?

4. Ezy D

Ezy D Forum Member

You'd need to use the proprietary SSD software tool for each individual manufacturer (Intel, OCZ, Samsung, etc.), or use the following:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_asssdbenchmark/